How do I put in an official complaint to PEA about their service or lack of.

Thaifish

We had contractors install a Solar system to our residence In Issan. In the contract we paid upfront for the installation of a Smart Meter which was something like 4,000bht so we could sell excess power back to PEA. We were told by Contractors it could take up to 3 months for the installation. Eleven months later and still not installed. We have been doing weekly phone calls to Korat PEA for the last eight months to hurry up with basically no headway. I'm trying to find an avenue to put in a customer complaint about the lack of service.. The PEA website does not appear to have a Customer Feedback link so we can explain our issue. My Issan Luv Machine thinks it is impossible to complain to them.!! Chasing the Contractors to do something about it is not going to work. Yes we have tried. Its a PEA thing. Has anybody put a complaint in or are we the only unsatisfied customers in Thailand!! How was it done?

Edited by Thaifish

Normally people are happy to keep the old meter which spins backwards instead of the smart meter and a PEA contract where you get about half of what you'd get with the old one.

I wouldn't try to complain to the service hotline by phone. First thing is to go to the local office. If that doesn't work then try to get a contact of the head office.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

Unfortunately, in this case our OP got caught with the meter whizzing backwards by a relief meter man (his normal man knew all about it and that an export meter was ordered). Despite pleas a no-reverse meter was installed.

So right now he's getting nothing for the energy that's being exported ???? 

Ouch OK that sucks then. Not here and not there. I agree best is to walk to the local office and try to catch the boss together with his lady and see what can be done.

I know from some companies that PEA claimed they had a shortage of these smart meters. But as soon as someone found a reason to speed it up, the smart meter got done within days...

OP: did you already sign up for the feed in scheme?

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 11:03 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

Yes people have complained. Surprisingly you go into the PEA office, on foot, like an animal???? and talk to the staff. Of course you must have a Thai speaker with the willingness to complain for you

That’s the tricky bit,!the translator willing to stamp there feet a bit

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Stamping feet is extremely counter productive but a blend of 285 quietly supplied has a much better chance of getting results.

Ah the wonderful Blend 285 - Blended spirits. I'm am 99% sure that one of the ingredients is "aviation spirit" ???? 

And yes, it is an excellent lubricant.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 11:19 PM, soi3eddie said:

Go find a brick wall and talk to it. Result will be same as "making an official complaint" to PEA. Sorry but T.I.T. Save the time and energy (no pun intended) to move on with your life. 

They're waiting for a bribe offer the workers 1000 Bht when they've finished it they'll be around like a shot. Otherwise, don't hold your breath waiting...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Ah the wonderful Blend 285 - Blended spirits. I'm am 99% sure that one of the ingredients is "aviation spirit" ???? 

And yes, it is an excellent lubricant.

Probably a measurable percentage is AA515E32-C720-4B51-90CF-76DCB0A14F3E.thumb.jpeg.6194a24e7a1551054f5cd7610c02a654.jpeg

so it may work as a degreasing agent as well.

???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We recently found we were on a 'construction meter' and had been paying double rates for the last 2 years.

My wife took on the local PEA who said they would install a 'domestic metre'. Weeks passed, then another month, and nothing happened.

My wife went back, spoke to the boss, and 'paid' 2000 Baht for a new meter. The next day the problem was fixed.

As far as I can tell the meter has not been changed (our meter was and is exactly the same as all the other meters on the electricity pole). I assume they just changed the tariff rate on their computer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tend to blame your contractor! Like a sucker you took his sell line and sinker. As suggested I'm old school with another problem I go down to the main office and speak to the head person myself of course with the wife.  Never and I mean never get heated or mad in response you got to lie make up stuff it is a mine game with these people. You need to lower yourself learn to be humble leave your ego at the door you be surprise as to the results at times.

Remember your wife is part of the system Thais in general are lead not leaders they have a different level of tolerance as you know they keep it all inside when they have enough look out it volcano time!

My wife is a simple farm girl she isn't a love machine so when I get frustrated and feel I hit a wall I visit my personal temple for a happy ending.????????

• Like 1

On 12/20/2021 at 8:15 AM, eisfeld said:

I agree best is to walk to the local office and try to catch the boss together with his lady and see what can be done.

Are you hoping the OP will find the boss in a compromising position, in the office, with his lady so one could use blackmail to get the job done ? :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyway thank you to the posters for replying to my Original Post. In summary it looks like my Luv Machine has spoken and as she reckons going any further than a weekly phone call to the same person in PEA whom doesn't give a rats is going to get us nowhere. I mentioned to her that if we did a "Shirt Front" (only Ozzies would understand that saying..."visit") to PEA she could go alone and do things the Thai Way... So I have told my Rent a Riot crew to stand down for now and I will do as told.

On 12/20/2021 at 8:15 AM, eisfeld said:

did you already sign up for the feed in scheme?

Yes have signed up for the scheme. Apart from initial paperwork which was just basically a notification of setting up we have had two "Official Visits" firstly from three guys that checked Tax had been paid!! I still cant work out what that visit was about and either can the Luv Machine. The second visit a few readings where taken from the Solar fuse box's. That all happened about a month ago so PEA do know we exist.

653195249_NovExport.png.b0bbcdf40748ba289c45709fc6c32c1e.png

Yes somethings in Thailand are very frustrating for a fellang to put up with. Above is a readout from last month with Export 959.54Kwh. The rebate I believe is 2.2Bht per Kwh (i have heard 1.8Bht but verbally told 2.2 from PEA Nang Rong). Using 2.2bht I gave away 2,110bht for the month and we are deliberately wasting power. Jai Yen Yen fellang!!!! have another sip of Song Bad Haa. On top of giving it away PEA is sellingit back to the neighbor for 4.2Bht and come the wet season I will have to buy it back when the Solar is not producing enough. Just give me the whole Bottle will ya....

Edited by Crossy
Comment on moderation removed

7 hours ago, Crossy said:

@Thaifish how are you doing getting those batteries?

That's another thorn in the backside. Installation was meant to be 3 days and it has blown out to 2 months now.. The company/contractor seams legit with paperwork provided before payment. The Luv Machine got them to send a copy of their business license and tax paid document. Its the same story with a weekly phone call and hurry up... As I do not want to go down the PEA path again waiting and waiting I have given them 1 month grace to install otherwise cancel the contract.... I can see already where this is going to lead... In the interim Im loosing 15KWH of overnight storage or 63Bht if we use it all. Glass is Mot Lao time for another Song Bad Haa  

Re "The PEA website does not appear to have a Customer Feedback link so we can explain our issue."

Welcome to Thailand my son, you will find this issue on numerous Thailand services providers sites.

"All care and no responsibility" motto; as a Farang that's just the way life is here in many cases. 

You might get to the end game eventually; but dropping a brown paper bag on the right desk will certainly expedite resolution of your issue.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...