Annual retirement extension renewal

2 hours ago, Rob911 said:

Kindly list the current requirements, if possible. Kap Kun Kap.

Rob

I am CDN so it is a little different for me.

I took a copy of every page in my passport

TM7

Letter from the Cdn Embassy verifying my monthly earnings.

Had to sign a couple of forms that they keep there stating that I understood the rules, that I was applying for 1 year.

I also took a copy of my rental agreement and bank statements but did not need them.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Beat you on the 55 minutes in Chiang Mai yesterday - 19 minutes from arrival!

Used the appointment booking system, walked through the masses following a friendly IO with her "Follow me please".  Never even got a chance to read my ebook on the Kindle.

Wonderful!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Only if you are extending a permit to stay from a entry done with a Non-OA visa.

I'm off home for a few months on the non-OA. I take it I will then there local hopeless insurance. Do I need any other paperwork? How soon before the end of my current visa can I apply? 

Upon Joe, you are a star.

9 minutes ago, Seagull Sam said:

I'm off home for a few months on the non-OA. I take it I will then there local hopeless insurance. Do I need any other paperwork? How soon before the end of my current visa can I apply? 

When does your valid OA visa issued by a embassy or official consulate expire. You can use it to enter the country and get a new one year entry up to that day.

Or are you asking about a extension of a permit to stay from a OA visa. That can be done up to 30 days early or 45 days at some offices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fredge45 said:

Used the appointment booking system, walked through the masses following a friendly IO with her "Follow me please".  Never even got a chance to read my ebook on the Kindle.

Wonderful!

You have the link for CM booking system ?  Thank you.

1 hour ago, fredge45 said:

Wonderful!

I'm interested in the booking system that you mentioned... but cannot find anything on the immigration website. there is "online services" but the link doesn't seem to work - tried two different browsers.

Can you please describe how to book an appointment? Also CM. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

I'm interested in the booking system that you mentioned... but cannot find anything on the immigration website. there is "online services" but the link doesn't seem to work - tried two different browsers.

Mee too thanks

2 hours ago, arithai12 said:

QueQ worked for me

Last week at CW arrived at 8.30am to apply for a further one year extension based on my non-O retirement visa, plus transfer of previous extension details to a new UK passport. Out by 11.30am with no hassle. No prior booking, no agent involved.

• Like 1

Sorry dont know if my ? got listed .  Was this a OA-Visa as i have one that expires on the 6th of Jan.2022 and norally I cross a border and then back to get one more year stamp in my passport. But because covid and all the restrictions can not do . i have all the requirements ready if any one now how too get stamp out and back in to Thailand.

2 hours ago, BangkokBaksida said:

Is it actually absolutely necessary to make an appointment to do this visa?  Or can I just show up at Chaeng Wattana?  Thanks.

A appointment is not possible at Chaeng Wattana. The site for them has been down since june.

You would be applying for a extension of stay not a visa.

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2021 at 9:36 AM, ubonjoe said:

When does your valid OA visa issued by a embassy or official consulate expire. You can use it to enter the country and get a new one year entry up to that day.

Or are you asking about a extension of a permit to stay from a OA visa. That can be done up to 30 days early or 45 days at some offices.

The visa expires on 15th February. I have a flight booked for 00:15 on Tuesday 18th January, which also when the lease expires on my condo in Chiang Mai. This means I will need to get to the Immigration office on Monday 17th morning, 29 days to visa expiration. Then fly to Bangkok in the evening and pray everything goes to plan. 

Do I need any paperwork in the way of insurance, bank statements etc to extend? (I will obviously need to jump some hoops on my return depending on what mood the government are in at the time).

8 hours ago, Seagull Sam said:

The visa expires on 15th February. I have a flight booked for 00:15 on Tuesday 18th January, which also when the lease expires on my condo in Chiang Mai. This means I will need to get to the Immigration office on Monday 17th morning, 29 days to visa expiration. Then fly to Bangkok in the evening and pray everything goes to plan. 

Do I need any paperwork in the way of insurance, bank statements etc to extend? (I will obviously need to jump some hoops on my return depending on what mood the government are in at the time).

I assume you have a extension of stay based upon retirement not a visa issued by a embassy or consulate.

If you used a Non-OA visa to enter the country you will need medical insurance.

You will need a letter from your bank confirm your bank account and have you updated if using the 800k baht in the bank option for a extension based upon retirement.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you have a extension of stay based upon retirement not a visa issued by a embassy or consulate.

If you used a Non-OA visa to enter the country you will need medical insurance.

You will need a letter from your bank confirm your bank account and have you updated if using the 800k baht in the bank option for a extension based upon retirement.

I am not entirely sure of the distinction. I want to extend my current non-OA visa issued in London February 2022. I can probably get a statement from UK sent over. Will I need it to be authenticated, probably in a branch? I can't see a letter being forthcoming. Perhaps I need a Thai account.

5 minutes ago, Seagull Sam said:

I am not entirely sure of the distinction. I want to extend my current non-OA visa issued in London February 2022. I can probably get a statement from UK sent over. Will I need it to be authenticated, probably in a branch? I can't see a letter being forthcoming. Perhaps I need a Thai account.

The 800k must be in A THAI bank account and not one baht less for at least TWO MONTHS prior to your extension application at immigration.

If I'm reading your case correctly then you have a problem.

Solutions include starting over with a new visa or paying an agent to make your problem go away.

11 minutes ago, Seagull Sam said:

I am not entirely sure of the distinction. I want to extend my current non-OA visa issued in London February 2022

You mean issued Feb 2021.

If you could exit and reenter prior to expiry in Feb you would be stamped in for 12 months. 

You would need required insurance.

Alternatively you could apply for a 12 month extension.

That would require you to have 800k in Thai bank for 2 months prior to application. 

Seems already too late.

You may be able to obtain covid extension to buy time to season money. 

Alternatively you could use an agent. 

BTW open a Thai bank account asap. 

16 minutes ago, Seagull Sam said:

You be extending your permit to stay that the OA visa allowed. A visa cannot be extended. When does the one year stay you got when you entered the country end?

You will need 800k baht in a Thai Bank for 2 months on the day you apply for the one year extension of stay based upon retirement.

You will also need medical insurance the covers 40k baht of out patient care and 400k in patient care valid for a year from a Thai insurance company.

If you could leave and re-enter the country you would get another one year stay from your OA visa before it expires.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You be extending your permit to stay that the OA visa allowed. A visa cannot be extended. When does the one year stay you got when you entered the country end?

You will need 800k baht in a Thai Bank for 2 months on the day you apply for the one year extension of stay based upon retirement.

You will also need medical insurance the covers 40k baht of out patient care and 400k in patient care valid for a year from a Thai insurance company.

If you could leave and re-enter the country you would get another one year stay from your OA visa before it expires.

Reentering is kind of difficult right now.