Parcels stucked in customs

sam84320

Hi all members,

i have 2 parcels stucked in Thai customs for 11 days. This is the 1st time it happens to me and can't know the reason or what i can do.

Is there someone who have been through this issue?

Can i contact the customs with my tracking codes?

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Check with whomever delivered the packages.  Most of the time the courier will assist in getting them released after you get registered with customs, and then the items value declared.  Went through this with a replacement cell-phone...long story, but after 3 weeks I got it resolved and delivered.

Thanks. Done already, and they said than the customs call me and i answered that i don't wait for any parcel. They never called me. The parcels contains my phone number though, and the items value. 

The courier confirm them my phone number and my email but i have no news from them.

Why customs have to call? i have received dozens of parcels before without any problems.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Looks like a typical courier company to me.

They should do the customs clearing for you, they might ask for a copy of your passport to do this. I think there is not much you can do but wait for them to do their job.

In the future make sure to send by regular mail, couriers are always a pain in the ass.

Thank you.

But it is a regular mail, it has its "name" but it's the public regular post office. I really think that's it's lost forever.

• Like 1

Chinapost is the National mail carrier.Parcels intercepted for any form of duty are forwarded to the local post office of destination and held there subject to payment of duty or refusal.(generally).

Have you checked or spoken to your local mail distribution office ?

Yes. My local post office abroad called the customs. They said than the customs called me and i answered that i don't wait for any parcel. They never called me. I have never been called by customs and i've never heard they call someone before they release a parcel.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sam84320 said:

Yes. My local post office abroad called the customs. They said than the customs called me and i answered that i don't wait for any parcel. They never called me. I have never been called by customs and i've never heard they call someone before they release a parcel.

I have never had customs call me for any of my packages delivered here from abroad.  It was always the courier company, or the International Delivery companies local office out at Suvarnabhumi. First contact was always by phone or e-mail, and then they proceeded from there.  I did have to go to the customs office on the 2nd floor off the free zone at Suvarnabhumi a few years ago to get registered in the system.  Once registered I never had any problems.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sam84320 said:

I live in the south so no question about going to Suvarnabhumi. Is there another to submit my problem to the customs?

Or just get an answer about the cause they retain my parcels?

Were they parcels sent by friends and family or by companies you ordered from?

New TISI governor trying to enforce import product licensing regulations, customs is now connected to TIS, FDA and NBTC systems, if your imported product (every oveseas parcel is) was checked by the custons and not found in registry, it will be most likely held at customs.

7 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

New TISI governor trying to enforce import product licensing regulations, customs is now connected to TIS, FDA and NBTC systems, if your imported product (every oveseas parcel is) was checked by the custons and not found in registry, it will be most likely held at customs.

When did this start? - I have just had an incredible run of Customs not charging duty* over the last few weeks. Unfortunately maybe I have more on the way.

*strictly speaking they shouldn't have - clothes declared at below Bt1,500 threshold, but not impossible some would be charged.

Edited by mokwit

1 hour ago, MasterBaker said:

ergo why my replacement Samsung Cell phone was held up in Customs.  The courier, UPS, had to obtain certification from NBTC that the phone was licensed already in Thailand as well as obtaining a certificate from NBTC with my name on it, cost was 535 Baht, and then they had to re-register me in the Customs on-line data base at a cost of 200 baht, which they did not pay and I now have a 200 baht bill payable via Krungthai bank.......however, I have never has a regular post package sent through USPS held up as it transited to Thai Post EMS.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 1

I ordered a couple of things from Aliexpress and according to their tracking it has been in the country since 30th Nov, it's ridiculous, I can only assume customs is where they are. The bits only cost less than US$10, but I wish customs would pull it's finger out. When I order stuff from Lazada they seem to clear customs in a day or so, but maybe they have a deal with them.

23 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Regular mail is an even greater pain in the ass. We've had no postal deliveries for over 3 months, missing are both my UK bank debit card and UK credit card, a copy birth certificate and God knows what else. I've been up to the Post Office a few times and they pretend to look for stuff and say there's nothing. Before Covid the service wasn't too bad but in the last two years it has become useless. Whether it's just incompetence or criminality I don't know, but I wouldn't trust even Track and Trace at the moment. An acquaintance who has a PO Box number at the same office says he's not getting anything either.

I got a replacement credit card sent to a UK bank branch and my son is sending it inside a book via DHL - expensive, but sometimes throwing money at a problem is the best way to solve it.

Wouldn't recommend DHL-they collude with Customs to add additional charges which in my case trippled the cost so I returned to sender and got a refund through MasterCard/NatWest.

Track and Trace works for me from the UK but the last one did get opened and 'Driving Licence and Bank Card' added to Customs declaration -recipe for identity theft!

In the past I had issues with customs and always had to pay.  I stopped sending parcels in my name and sent everything to my wife. Just received a $185. SSD from the US. It went right through customes in 4 hours and no fees. 

Last month I had a $95. item sent to my wife.. no issues no fees.

Never heard about registering with Customs. When did this start?

On 12/22/2021 at 7:33 PM, DJ54 said:

The guys in Dark Brown trucks are awesome in US .... but here only so so..., and usually 

ends up having to pay for something possibly they weren’t up to speed with customs.. 

In fairness I still find them the best. years ago they set up their own area within customs - you would pay duty, but it would be the correct duty. I don't know what the situation is now but I note I had two things sent recently via UPS that had no duty applied. They actually indeed should not have, but i have noticed with other couriers that you have to pay even on non dutiable items/be.ow the threshold items.