Parks in Bangkok

timberpond

Anyone have a nice clean park to recommend?

Family evening walks and not too far from carparking. 

Availability of toilets is even better. 

I do have a small park near my house but it is situated between 2 highway bridges. 

The evening jam and air quality is really a turn off not to mention we have to cross a dangerous road with toddler to assess the park. (We literally have to dash across the road as nobody is stopping for pedestrian at the zebra crossing). 

Benjakitti Park, if it is reopened after the enlargement, has a nice track around the lake.

Many joggers and cylists in the evening. Unfortunately, I doubt you will get away from the air quality anywhere in Bangkok. Except maybe in the area they call Bangkok's Green lung.

• Like 1

I don't know where timberpond lives, but there's a nice park near me.

Royal Thai Air Force Park at Don Mueang. 1.2km cycle track and a walking/jogging track around the large lake. Plenty of parking and there's a toilet block. Snacks and soft drinks available.

It's usually fairly quiet.

Oh, and there's a golf driving range there, if you're into that

Edited by jaiyenyen
  • Like 1

Benchasiri Park on the Sukhumvit by Phrom Phong BTS.

It's small but nice and friendly. Free of charge. Toilets are just about bearable. A couple of refreshment stands.

Sculpture, exercise areas, water, flowers, plenty of grass. Lots of seating.  A busy outdoor gym area for the pumping iron brigade. Mothers/nannies with toddlers or pushchairs and their own designated play area with swings, roundabouts etc. There's an elderly guy who does his T'ai Chi exercises in the morning and he's joined by others at the weekend. 

When I'm in Bangkok I always visit. Blow all that sweating and grunting, I just find it a good place to sit and write. 

• Like 1