New Casual Eatery In Jomtien

Jingthing

Jits is now CLOSED.

I got back from a trip and walked by. All dark and boarded up. The sign gone. Boo hoo. Gonna miss you.

Its weird that a place that really gave value for money and warm, personal service bit the dust, and so many bad tourist traps thrive. I don't get it. Maybe they closed for personal reasons.

I tried the place next door for the first time since they moved from the corner opposite Ace Cafe. Not nearly as good as Jits in my opinion.

The location was bad for passing trade as not easily visible, plus the ongoing construction that never seems to progress wouldn't have helped either.

It just goes to show how value for money, qaulity and customer care, just doesn't beat location.

i saw jit in big c last week, apparantly it was the rent and location she blames, it is a shame, nice people nice food, hope she bounces back,

Yes it's too bad it closed - it had cheap and tasty lamb chops.

Good news: in Jomtien complex there is a new Russian-run European/Thai place

called Kalinkaya Malinkaya(sp?) two shops from Poissiden.

They have a chef that actually knows a thing or two and the prices are reasonable.

Can you suggest what to order there that you enjoyed? I had a look at the menu and found it a tad disappointing and pedestrian. Looks to me like just another sell the tourists some fuel joint rather than a real restaurant. For example, with their Western entrees they only offer one choice: french fries which you have to bet are frozen. That is bad thinking. If they are going to get any of the large expat/long term market, they need to offer some more choices. I tried the "homemade" lasagna served with a "salad" and "toast". Serviceable but boring. The lasagna lacked much noticeable cheese but at least it didn't have bachamel sauce, smallish portion, will give it a grade C. The salad was tiny and on the plate served with bottled dressings. The toast was garlic bread which was soaked with some kind of low grade grease, maybe a kind of butter, I don't know, but not worth the calories. I am hopeful perhaps there is something on their menu with more life to it. Cheers. People rave about the dining options in inner Jomtien. Well, they are pretty good at the higher end, but at the mid and lower price level, not so much that anyone would write home about. Captive market, I suppose, especially when the weather is foul.

Edited by Jingthing

i saw jit in big c last week, apparantly it was the rent and location she blames, it is a shame, nice people nice food, hope she bounces back,

Oh, I hope they are OK. If anyone notices them opening in a new location, please let us know.

• 1 month later...
I'll give that a go. If I'm travelling down that road, do I continue past Soi 5?

It's interesting that you posted this as I've been looking for good dining options in Jomtien. I live on the hill between Jomtien and Pattaya and would prefer to travel in the Jomtien direction rather than battle with the traffic in Pattaya but unfortunately I've not yet come across any restaurants in Jomtien that I like.

Try Rin Kitchen....soi next to the 90 baht spaghetti/jade house...between german dental and 7-11....just go doen the soi and you will see it....just the best and reasonable

indeed rin kitchen good food and service