WHO Recommends Canceling Holiday Activities Amid Omicron Spread

snoop1130

11 minutes ago, Saanim said:

How it is (Omicron fuss) of financial benefit for government (in Thailand)? The govt is supporting holidays for travelling, currently very long weekend with additional days  (after New Year) for govt employees (also banks, etc). 

Your first sentence, think about it.

On 12/24/2021 at 4:54 PM, ozimoron said:

Right next to that number is another number. Interesting that you chose that stat because it suited your agenda, The other stats was that 30% to 45% less likely to go to A&E. So, which is the more salient number. Likely to go to hospital or likely to go to A&E? I have also read that once in ICU, the outcomes for both delta and omicron are similar.

While on the subject of numbers, I think we all agree that omicron is far more infectious than delta. Let's just say for illustration that that number is 10 times more infectious. It may be less but the point will still be valid. Assuming that figure then more than 5 times as many people will wind up in A&E. That will totally overwhelm the hospital system and why we still must vaccinate and socially isolate where possible. Even if it were only double the hospital system would be in crisis, it already is.

AnE has been an uncivilised, overwhelmed  hellhole for years in NHS Britain well before Covid-19

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

If you know its not because  the WHO informed  you. Its despite the CCP and the WHO trying to stop  you. Have you been  living in communist  China without access to information?

I think it's becoming clear that you don't really have any true thoughts on this matter - you are running on a mixture of baseless assumption and conspiracy theories. I don't think your preposterous hypotheses are worth further discussion.

2 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

I think it's becoming clear that you don't really have any true thoughts on this matter - you are running on a mixture of baseless assumption and conspiracy theories. I don't think your preposterous hypotheses are worth further discussion.

Not singling anyone out but it just suits them to believe what they want to  believe and facts be damned. Critical thought too. The allegation is that the WHO is beholden to China but most of their funding comes from the US. Go figure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

AnE has been an uncivilised, overwhelmed  hellhole for years in NHS Britain well before Covid-19

the only people who think A&E is a hell-hoe is someone who goes in drunk after benign a fight, Compared to Thailand it's a haven of professional care and above all, recovery

3 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

the only people who think A&E is a hell-hoe is someone who goes in drunk after benign a fight, Compared to Thailand it's a haven of professional care and above all, recovery

Same in Australia. Efficient and professional to the max. In Thailand I had to go to outpatients every week for a couple of months to get an INR test. The staff were brilliant and the doctor was quite knowledgeable despite seeing very few similar cases. I'd had a blood clot and he told me that Thais rarely get them.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Same in Australia. Efficient and professional to the max. In Thailand I had to go to outpatients every week for a couple of months to get an INR test. The staff were brilliant and the doctor was quite knowledgeable despite seeing very few similar cases. I'd had a blood clot and he told me that Thais rarely get them.

I've used healthcare in Thailand, UK and Australia. ...and once in Belgium, France and Italy.

I was brought up in a family of medical practitioners, ranging from Doctors through physios to nurses and virtually lived in the NHS service every  day after school. The blind faith people have in Thai healthcare defies all yogic and evidence - unfortunately people aren't normally in a position to make even a vaguely qualified assessment of te care they'v received ... even if they get a "result".

the problem with Covid is the rigid hierarchical nature of healthcare in Thailand, which makes it very inflexible and poorly trained. This does not help speedy and effective reactions to Covid - they rely wholey on Western and Chinese research which has usually to be translated before they understand it. Then they have to persuade doctors to take orders which they see as an imposition on their authority.

Edited by Thunglom