Tourist arrested in Samui after skipping quarantine tests negative for COVID

webfact

1pm.jpg

Picture Naew Na

Thai authorities swung into action after an Israeli man reportedly refused to go into quarantine after testing positive for Covid-19 in Bangkok.

Naew Na reported that he had arrived under Test and Go but fled a hotel. He later gave himself up in Koh Samui.

There were fears of a cluster.

Daily News reported that the man who they called Mr A was named in an arrest warrant after leaving a hotel in Sukhumvit Road.

He went from Bangkok to Pattaya and then to Samui.

There he took a test at a clinic that came in negative.

Further tests at the main hospital on Samui were also negative.

Daily News said the authorities were relieved.

No consequences were mentioned for the tourist. 

Health insurance plans that meet the long stay visa requirements

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-12-23

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

False positives are common everywhere, not just thailand and yes it's a real concern.

... yeah, sure, just elsewhere you aren't forced into some f'n overpriced 'hospitel' owned by one of many good friends of these civil failures - all the fun on your tab of course.

And still not known to anywhere near enough possible visitors out there as beforehand they're keeping pretty hush about the actual ramifuc.ations of testing 'positive' here ...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jollyhangmon said:

... yeah, sure, just elsewhere you aren't forced into some f'n overpriced 'hospitel' owned by one of many good friends of these civil failures - all the fun on your tab of course.

And still not known to anywhere near enough possible visitors out there as beforehand they're keeping pretty hush about the actual ramifuc.ations of testing 'positive' here ...

But you are forced into Quarantine in other countries. Thailand is not alone.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

When he went on the run he believed himself to be positive. He did not care. He thought he was above the law. He escaped from quarantine and caused worry and wasted police time. His actions not his covid status are the central issue. It's dreadful  selfish behavior.

And you think that the previous behaviour of certain hospitals by point blank refusing 2nd PCR tests to rule out a possible false positive is acceptable do you?  As you state, if you test positive in other countries you will have to go into isolation. However, it will not be in some hospital that will milk you for every penny that they can regardless of whether or not your insurance will pay and you will undoubtedly be given the chance for a 2nd PCR test to confirm.

Judging by the way that I was incorrectly swabbed for my PCR at my test and go hotel (I know this because I’ve undergone several at home over the last 2 years), if it had come back positive, I would have undoubtedly challenged it and possibly followed a similar path as the Israeli and got an independent PCR test elsewhere? However I do have with me a supply of highly accurate LFTs which are CE marked and independently verified to be 100% accurate in the infectious zone of CT<27. The results obtained from these obviously influencing any decisions made should this situation have arose.

• Like 1