Netizens outraged after school advertises for teaching assistant at 5,500 baht/month - 183 baht a day

webfact

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Some Schools have the kids back in the classroom now, schools are open 

Not all, and how do we know from the OP if this is a school that's back in session or not.  Schools here in BKK are shut down around us as is the daughters school.  Been on-line since the year started.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Anyone accepting such a job, struggles doing sums.

One way you can take advantage over the uneducated is to pay monthly instead of weekly. 

For example, if you pay your maid 1,000 baht a week, change to 4,000 a month. 

Thais don't understand a month is not 4 weeks. Ask any Thai how many weeks are in a year, and they will say '48'.

• Haha 2

A general shame.

Many teachers earn their money after regular school lessons with extra lessons in the evening and on the weekends, but then - against appropriate payment - the teachers explain the subject matter correctly and prepare accordingly for the questions in the exam, which are created by the same teachers. Kids learn corruption from an early age here.

• Like 2

For one, 

I am happy not the math faculty is recruiting....

5500/30= 183....

But which school is running a 30 days work schedule??

Apart, it is free choice. Plus supply and demand.

If someone offer too little to 3xchange my time, I don't take the bargain.

Nor anyone should really take this offer.

Or complain about not being able to complain about it with names.

Just keep demanding a change the <deleted> defamation law. If the majority want it, sooner or later they will have to.

Since there isn't a strong enough push to change the law, could well be meaning the majority of Thai ppl like it or ok with it as it is.

2 hours ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

You want to talk about nice cars, just take a look at what the senior figures in the Catholic Diocese of Chiang Rai drive around in. There's money in education (full disclosure, I send my son to a Catholic school)

Interesting observation - I live in Chiang Rai, and the Cathedral is my Parish Church so I am very familiar with the setup.

The diocesan school is managed by nuns, they have to he use of a pick up, a minibus and the school has one of those Lorry cum Songthau things (very old).

To my knowledge, virtually all the priests in the diocese drive around in pick up trucks, the Bishop has a new (there has only been a diocese for three years or so) middle of the range saloon car - albeit with a driver. His diocese covers Chiang Rai, Nan, Phaya, Prae and part of Lampang provinces so he must cover a lot of miles. 

The office facilities are pretty modest, with a couple of staff, and both the Bishop and the two priests attached to the Cathedral live in simple houses.

There is at least one "private" school in the City which is " Catholic". That one is owned by a private individual, who raised the money to build and open it from a Japanese business consortium. It is a business operation not owned by the diocese. I know he rides around in a Merc.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

It is a business operation not owned by the diocese

Hang on a minute, I missed this due to your edit. I mean no disrespect if you are faithful, but from the perspective of someone that is not a spiritual man, I fail to see how the diocese in and of itself is not a business operation. We have to consider the balance sheet of the mother ship, no?

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly