Omicron is here is it time to get boosted?

yogi yogi

If the health workers wandering around our estate aimlessly yesterday are to be believed, then there isn't much demand for boosters in Surat city. It seems a great many residents already report having had the virus recently so feel they don't need one, while others believe Omicron is just a cold, and still others regard the vaccines as being not effective.  There's truth in all these things for the average individual I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/11/2022 at 11:17 AM, mommysboy said:

If the health workers wandering around our estate aimlessly yesterday are to be believed, then there isn't much demand for boosters in Surat city. It seems a great many residents already report having had the virus recently so feel they don't need one, while others believe Omicron is just a cold, and still others regard the vaccines as being not effective.  There's truth in all these things for the average individual I guess.

How many have any education in health and medicine?

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2022 at 12:19 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

How many have any education in health and medicine?

Probably not many.

But actually I think their interest may have been in my house and not the rest of the estate, and in particular me!

Taking advantage of the cool wet weather last week I took my regular run during the day. Unfortunately, shortly after finishing I had a 'snot attack' which left me gasping, spluttering and retching for a minute or so, as my nose poured mucous.  I think it must have been an awful sight, and think it likely it prompted a telephone call.

Anyway, one of the officials called by the next day and informed me boosters are under way later this month on a walk in basis, but that I needed to get there early.

• Haha 1

The name of the game now is getting some kind of longer term immunity as quickly as possible, aka future proofing- either by naturally acquiring covid, or by vaccine.  Clearly, it's a no brainer which is preferable, and unless one is in the habit of actively seeking infection the latter is any case not guaranteed to happen (though still likely with Omicron).

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...