Omicron is here is it time to get boosted?

yogi yogi

Get the 3rd shot booster now, and then when it loses efficacy as stated by Moderna recently, you can get your 4th shot booster.

Get boosted,--Pfizer and moderna will thank you.

“Moderna CEO Stephane Bancel said Thursday that the COVID-19 vaccine booster people are getting now will lose its effectiveness, and another jab will likely be recommended by the fall.”

Edited by bluehippie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bluehippie said:

Get the 3rd shot booster now, and then when it loses efficacy as stated by Moderna recently, you can get your 4th shot booster.

Get boosted,--Pfizer and moderna will thank you.

“Moderna CEO Stephane Bancel said Thursday that the COVID-19 vaccine booster people are getting now will lose its effectiveness, and another jab will likely be recommended by the fall.”

Their shareholders certainly will, and their bank managers.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Goes without saying. I'd just prefer it wasn't next week. If it means putting ankle bracelets on a few anti vaxers I'm all for it.

Which would make zero difference now that omicron is apparently infecting the fully vaxxed by the thousands.

All your post does IMO is make you sound mean and vindictive.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Except that by not getting vaccinated these ignoramuses do severely affect the ability of hospitals to perform other services.

??????

Are not people in hospital fully vaccinated and infected by other fully vaxxed people? That's what I've been reading on this forum.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/7/2022 at 5:28 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

That's interesting, as in NZ there are a lot of obese people, but far as I know, ZERO government action to "encourage" people to lose weight. The number of fat kids I see around is IMO a shame on society. They did mutter a bit about a sugar tax some time ago but that came to nothing.

I'm a bit chubby myself, but the Dr has never talked to me about losing weight, so I doubt there is anything from the government to tell Drs to do something about it.

Government seems more interested in jabbing people than in improving their general health to boost natural immunity.

I wonder if any action in other countries to reduce obesity, given the cost to the health systems of fat people eg diabetes, heart problems etc.

The worst pandemic facing America right now isn't COVID-19. It's obesity. Why that matters

https://www.yahoo.com/news/worst-pandemic-facing-america-now-100727306.html

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2022 at 9:57 AM, Tony125 said:

Although obesity is linked to higher rates to many diseases (heart, high blood pressure, diabeties, stroke, ect) as well as Covid  just being in good shape, eating well, lower body weight will not protect you from Covid. Below is a link to a 41 year old champion kickboxer , low body fat in great shape who thought he didn't need a vaccine because he was strong and had  natural immunity. He died from Covid.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/12/27/belgium-anti-vax-boxing-champion-dies-of-covid-after-discharging-himself-from-hospital-15830527/

Well, statistically speaking it does provide strong protection. Just not absolute protection. But neither does vaccination. On the other hand, there is this constant refrain from anti-vaxxers that it's somehow the fault of the obese. But as research on the digestive biome increasingly shows. obesity is not so much a simple result of overeating, but of disturbances in the biome caused by antibiotics, other medications, additives in foodstuff, and chemical contamination, that result in digestive imbalances.

47 minutes ago, Credo said:

What we hear from anti-vaxxers is an endless litany of reasons to minimize the impact of the pandemic.   Obesity is a reality.  Maybe these acutely knowledgeable people could give us a 6 or 8 month warning before the next pandemic so we can all get into shape.  Of course, if you're just plain old or unfortunately have cancer, then you're screwed, but, hey, you probably weren't living by the secretive and always moving anti-vaxxer code.   

The vast majority of people who are victims of the pandemic had little or no control over their eventual fate.   Most are people who had little choice but to go to work each day to support their family.  I wish they would stop with the victim-blaming and it's not much more than just that.

I entirely agree with you. Anti-covid vaxxers use a long standing and difficult public health problem as a way to undermine adopting the far easier steps it takes to combat a viral pathogen.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Credo said:

What we hear from anti-vaxxers is an endless litany of reasons to minimize the impact of the pandemic.   Obesity is a reality.  Maybe these acutely knowledgeable people could give us a 6 or 8 month warning before the next pandemic so we can all get into shape.  Of course, if you're just plain old or unfortunately have cancer, then you're screwed, but, hey, you probably weren't living by the secretive and always moving anti-vaxxer code.   

The vast majority of people who are victims of the pandemic had little or no control over their eventual fate.   Most are people who had little choice but to go to work each day to support their family.  I wish they would stop with the victim-blaming and it's not much more than just that.

the anti vaccers have won this war.  now we all get covid.   

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Tony125 said:

The worst pandemic facing America right now isn't COVID-19. It's obesity. Why that matters

https://www.yahoo.com/news/worst-pandemic-facing-america-now-100727306.html

Nobody infects others with obesity simply by breathing near them.

And I quite expect the same people arguing against vaccines would get in line to argue against the means to combat obesity.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

5 hours ago, placeholder said:

Well, statistically speaking it does provide strong protection. Just not absolute protection. But neither does vaccination. On the other hand, there is this constant refrain from anti-vaxxers that it's somehow the fault of the obese. But as research on the digestive biome increasingly shows. obesity is not so much a simple result of overeating, but of disturbances in the biome caused by antibiotics, other medications, additives in foodstuff, and chemical contamination, that result in digestive imbalances.

Hmmmmm. If energy in exceeds energy out, is it not a fact that excess energy is stored in the human body as fat?

One can make all the excuses one likes, but if one eats too much and does too little, one is going to get fat. The answer to obesity for most is in people's own hands.

I wasn't aware of any refrain from those opposed to vaccination per se, but rather a reluctance to take a substance that was produced years sooner than a previous vaccine and using a different technology. I myself waited till an alternative to Pfizer was available, and very happy to have done so.

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And I quite expect the same people arguing against vaccines would get in line to argue against the means to combat obesity.

Simply giving up sugar is a good way to lose weight. I lost 10 kg by doing so, despite making no other change to my lifestyle or diet. Of course it's not easy giving up sugar given it is added to so much processed food, but it can be done.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

?????????? How many would argue against eating less and exercising more? Are we a planet of slothful gluttons now?

• Confused 1