Omicron is here is it time to get boosted?

yogi yogi

3 hours ago, Tom H said:

Check you Antibody Titer. Under 50 BAU (Binding Antibody Unit) you need to have a booster for sure:). I have one Moderna shot available . If someone needs, message me private.

so its easy to get your antibody level checked?  simple blood test, ? i will investigate.................moderna booster is half dose of regular dose

"Omicron is here is it time to get boosted?"

Good luck!

unless your Thai or have pre purchased Moderna it'll be practically impossible.

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.

1 minute ago, cooked said:

The omicron variant is, according to medical authorities (not politicians) relatively harmless, fatalities and ICU treatments hardly present. The booster shot doesn't help against it. So why all this worry? Leave it up to the politicians to gain maximum profit from this latest paranoiac episode and delay getting any more shots as long as possible. 

There more worried about maxed out hospitals,no staff for jobs, completely worn out medical staff.

"Delta Air Lines (DAL.N), which scrubbed nearly 280 flights combined on Friday alone, citing personnel shortages amid the surge of COVID-19 infections."

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/thousands-flights-scrapped-globally-omicron-mars-christmas-weekend-2021-12-24/

This is on top of the deaths that will happen.

Thai Public hospitals aren't any match for massive influx of sick people.

There barely able to cope in good times.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cooked said:

The omicron variant is, according to medical authorities (not politicians) relatively harmless, fatalities and ICU treatments hardly present. The booster shot doesn't help against it. So why all this worry? Leave it up to the politicians to gain maximum profit from this latest paranoiac episode and delay getting any more shots as long as possible. 

Boosters do help against Omicrom

Thailand considers triple AstraZeneca vaccine regimen to fight Omicron variant

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-considers-triple-astrazeneca-vaccine-regimen-to-fight-omicron-variant/

Vaccinated Patients with Omicron Variant Don’t Have Complications: Doctors

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20211201/vaccinated-patients-omicron-dont-have-complications-doctors

Edited by Tony125
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Had my booster a few days ago ,no problem whatsoever,just a long wait. Loads of farangs there as well

What was it?

They were only offering boosters to people that have had:

Sinovac, Sinopharm, or Astra Zeneca.

Good for them as Sinovac is proving practically useless in tests even with a booster.

"Sinovac booster insufficient against omicron, study shows"

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/COVID-vaccines/Sinovac-booster-insufficient-against-omicron-study-shows

The people who got Pfeizer/Pheizer weren't included.

Also Bang Sue  train station was fully booked.

I'm getting a Moderna booster Jan. 11, but I have to travel to Bangkok, about 10 hours drive.

1 hour ago, PATTAYA12 said:

Had the booster yesterday at the Stadium in Pattaya walk in had 2 Astra so asked for Astra again no problem in and out in 40 min 

Good for you.

Good results in studies released also.

• Like 1

Yesterday got our Moderna bosters , just called Vibharam Hospital just down street from use, the day before and may a appointment for 11 AM got there early 10 AM. Had copy of earler shots at Bangkok Hospital, but they were fully booked until new batch of Moderna comes in May or June, same for  Srinakarin. Paid 3,300 baht and left.

6 hours ago, Tony125 said:

The booster shot does protect against it and is recomended  for all those that have had 2 regular shots which are not as affective against it. 

As they use exactly the same vaccine they used for the first 2 doors as a booster how can the booster be effective when the original is not?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dickp said:

Yesterday got our Moderna bosters , just called Vibharam Hospital

Im going there for a booster on the 11th.

What was your timing from the second shot?

Mine will be 3 months and 7 days.  I've mentioned this to them and emailed my vaccination card.

No problem, just show up with your passport, vaccine card,and appointment.

Hows the parking?

I'll be staying at the Hilton Millennium.

Or would Grab be better, 11:00 am appointment.

Thanks!