Government Officials to Work From Home After New Year

snoop1130

c132065a296859c51ee4f9078b78af0a_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Government staff have been instructed to work from home next week, with the possibility of online classes also being brought back, as part of efforts to curb the spread of the Omicron coronavirus variant.

According to Deputy Public Health Minister Sathit Pitutecha, the Ministry of Public Health submitted to the Cabinet epidemiological scenarios on the Omicron situation. He stressed that although patients infected with the new variant can be asymptomatic or exhibit mild symptoms, efforts must be made to contain the spread and prevent spikes in new cases.

Minister Sathit said such steps were necessary to better facilitate the Kingdom’s reopening and avoid major disruptions.

He added that the ministry will reassess the situation on January 4, the first working day after the New Year holiday period.

Private businesses are also urged to encourage employees to work from home.

The minister nevertheless acknowledged that the spread of Omicron infections will be difficult to avoid during New Year countdown events. However, he said measures could be eased further if everyone cooperates to avoid a surge in new cases.

He also expressed concern for children below the age of 12 who have not been vaccinated and were therefore at greater risk of contracting COVID-19.

The ministry has therefore told hospitals under the supervision of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration to prepare for new child cases and for private hospitals to look after those with severe symptoms.

nnt.jpg

10 minutes ago, Operator2002 said:

I have noticed - now that I work at home (for travel company) - I am spending much more time for the work: 9 am to 8 pm compared in office I usually worked from 10 am till 7 pm - with 1 hour lunch break ????

My daughter in the US is finding the same thing.  Working from home has also started to cause antisocial behavior and anxieties for many.

33 minutes ago, Operator2002 said:

I have noticed - now that I work at home (for travel company) - I am spending much more time for the work: 9 am to 8 pm compared in office I usually worked from 10 am till 7 pm - with 1 hour lunch break ????

It's impossible because Jul we tried to do some DBD paper work which took half day normally ended up more than 3 weeks. The officer took a very serious reason that they are working from home and ask us to get used to the new norm. It became their official reason to delay productivity. You are working in the wrong company.   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So they better get the online 90 day reports working for all and start to do online extension filing....

Mines due on Jan 24th... wonder if I'll be making a trip to the IO...

last 5 times it's not worked.

• Thanks 1