Australia - The Lucky Country - On borrowed money.

11 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

@KhunHeineken you are year late to my party:

Australian dollar is going to hit 40c to the USD in the next two years.  Lower if there is conflict in the south china sea.  Those surviving here on the OAP need to start right now putting a plan in to place on how to survive when the exchange rate is 10-15baht to the dallar.

Not late at all.  I have agreed with you in the past on this.  Then, there's also the proposed changes to non resident tax enforcement, but that's in another thread.  

I have suggested that moving to a more affordable country may be the only option for many, that would be Cambodia for most, or, to the village in Thailand, to live out one's days in a pitiful manner. 

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

Just checking in on Australia's Debt Clock.

That's a lot of debt for a country with only 28 million population.  

https://australiandebtclock.com.au

Absolute nonsense, I lived in Thailand and got bankrupt I don't get all the benefits in Thailand as I get in Australia. Do I get free health care in Thailand or Cambodia? Absolutely not. It would consume most of my pension. And those statistics only apply for stupid people who max up their credit cards which I don't have I lived many years in Thailand but moved back to OZ so did my Thai wife of 20 years 

3 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Absolute nonsense, I lived in Thailand and got bankrupt I don't get all the benefits in Thailand as I get in Australia. Do I get free health care in Thailand or Cambodia? Absolutely not. It would consume most of my pension. And those statistics only apply for stupid people who max up their credit cards which I don't have I lived many years in Thailand but moved back to OZ so did my Thai wife of 20 years 

Errrr, we are talking about a country, not YOU. 

Oh, and the debt clock is real.  If you don't believe it is, post a link refuting it. 

Edited by KhunHeineken

2 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

Errrr, we are talking about a country, not YOU. 

Oh, and the debt clock is real.  If you don't believe it is, post a link refuting it. 

You don't get it do you? Never mind 

16 hours ago, still kicking said:

You don't get it do you? Never mind 

It's you that doesn't get it.  You have to look at the big picture.  The money to service such debt has to come from somewhere, either in tax revenue, or cost cutting, which means all Australians either pay more, or lose an amount of services.