Is It Safe To Have A Booster 3 Months After 2 Shots Pfizer?

Chris.B

On 12/30/2021 at 2:01 PM, Chris.B said:

Is it safe to have the boosters 3 months after the 2nd vaccine?

I had 2 Pfizer here in Thailand with the last one early September.

I was back in the UK at the time they were shouting about getting boosters and had a walk in booster (which was also Pfizer) mid December. No side effects whatsoever - other than knowing I had had the shot in that arm for a day or 2.

So for me yes.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its not at all unsafe. 

As the vaccine discussion has evolved people were asking if it was safe to mix vaccines. 

i.e. a Sinvac with AZ or Pfizer etc.

That was perfectly safe, after a brief period the ingredients of vaccine itself is disposed of by the body. It is the ‘antibodies’ which remain. 

Just like having a few G&T’s its not mixing when you have a few whiskies a couple of weeks later. 

The same for boosters - IMO its perfectly ok to ‘boost’ even a week after a vaccine, the booster itself may have little impact on increased antibodies at that stage so there is little point, however, there is no harm. 

Thus:  Boosting 3 months after is fine... The idea ‘target’ is to boost when antibodies are diminishing, this may be at a different time for everyone. 

Personally I have had

June - AZ

July - Pfizer

Aug - Pfizer

Dec - Moderna

The only side effect I have noticed  is an utter intolerance of poorly formulated anti-vax arguments from the miseducated. 

How is you phone reception?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

Oh my Buddha!  Asking for Medical Advice on this forum?  Next up advice on Bitcoin…<deleted>! ????????

CFD0C5EF-0ED6-43B2-9C2B-B883837928AD.jpeg

There are people on this forum that are moon landing deniers or camping out in Dallas waiting for JFK Jr to show up and they are more than willing to offer up advice on numerous subjects. 

16 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

MedPark are stating the booster after 2 x Pfizer is 6 months and is Moderna ( although i assume this is because of availability and a Pfizer booster would also be 6 months ).

Two points

MedPark is selling Moderna, hence their "recommendation" of it as a booster for 2x Pfizer. This is fine, BTW, and you see this on every hospital booster chart that is selling Moderna. Some government booster charts show both Pfizer and Moderna for a Pfizer 2 X booster.

That chart says "effective November 8, 2021", which in COVID years is like 1350 AD. However it does line up with many recently published booster charts.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Two points

MedPark is selling Moderna, hence their "recommendation" of it as a booster for 2x Pfizer. This is fine, BTW, and you see this on every hospital booster chart that is selling Moderna. Some government booster charts show both Pfizer and Moderna for a Pfizer 2 X booster.

That chart says "effective November 8, 2021", which in COVID years is like 1350 AD. However it does line up with many recently published booster charts.

Two points for you 

The op didn’t specify paid or free only asking how safe are boosters at 3 months.

While the chart might already be “ ancient “ in Covid19 times it is as up to date that MedPark have and sent to me 2 days ago.

Last night, a private hospital began offering boosters in Nakhon Sawan, for free. When I tried filling out the online form, it wouldn't let me complete unless there was a 6 months gap after my 2nd Pfizer shot! ☹️

Edited by Chris.B
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, briofoz said:
19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its not at all unsafe. 

As the vaccine discussion has evolved people were asking if it was safe to mix vaccines. 

i.e. a Sinvac with AZ or Pfizer etc.

That was perfectly safe, after a brief period the ingredients of vaccine itself is disposed of by the body. It is the ‘antibodies’ which remain. 

Just like having a few G&T’s its not mixing when you have a few whiskies a couple of weeks later. 

The same for boosters - IMO its perfectly ok to ‘boost’ even a week after a vaccine, the booster itself may have little impact on increased antibodies at that stage so there is little point, however, there is no harm. 

Thus:  Boosting 3 months after is fine... The idea ‘target’ is to boost when antibodies are diminishing, this may be at a different time for everyone. 

Personally I have had

June - AZ

July - Pfizer

Aug - Pfizer

Dec - Moderna

The only side effect I have noticed  is an utter intolerance of poorly formulated anti-vax arguments from the miseducated. 

Expand  

How is you phone reception?

Its way better....  but now government forces keep following me everywhere I go....  ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Last night, a private hospital began offering boosters in Nakhon Sawan, for free. When I tried filling out the online form, it wouldn't let me complete unless there was a 6 months gap after my 2nd Pfizer shot! ☹️

I too have encountered this issue when attempting to register.

But there have been quite a few reports of walk-ins (MoPH/Bang Sue, BMA/Din Daeng) getting a Pfizer booster from Pfizer 2X sub-6 months.

So, as with all things here, YMMV.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Knocker33 said:

Did mine after 2 months. I'm still here at the moment with no problems

Can you share your vaccination history?

You are in thailand? You got Pfizer 2X? When? Where? Then you got a Pfizer booster two months after your second dose? Where?

Just waiting for someone to roll up saying they got their booster BEFORE their second shot.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Can you share your vaccination history?

You are in thailand? You got Pfizer 2X? When? Where? Then you got a Pfizer booster two months after your second dose? Where?

Just waiting for someone to roll up saying they got their booster BEFORE their second shot.

Had two Pfizer in Thailand . Then had to go to the UK where I had the booster.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Is it possible to pay for booster 3 months post 2x AZ at a private hospital? 

Anyone have success. 

Yes. I got a full Moderna booster (100ug) 90 days after 2 AZ shots.  Take a look at Vichaiyut. They currently suggest 3 months after AZ.  Their support and reservation system is excellent and flexible.  

You can order Lot-2 shots on Shopee. If you want a shot now I have a spare Lot 1 coupon good till April 1.

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2021 at 4:04 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Personally I have had

June - AZ

July - Pfizer

Aug - Pfizer

Dec - Moderna

Exactly my situation for date and type EXCEPT I have not had a #4, and the first was at Medpark Bangkok and #2 and 3 were in California. So I'm now just about 5 months from my second Pfizer (August 16). Can anyone suggest the best option for me to pursue in Bangkok at this time? Or various options? Thanks! (And I note the US CDC is now saying 5 months.)

Edited by Enzian
more

22 minutes ago, Enzian said:

Exactly my situation for date and type EXCEPT I have not had a #4, and the first was at Medpark Bangkok and #2 and 3 were in California. So I'm now just about 5 months from my second Pfizer (August 16). Can anyone suggest the best option for me to pursue in Bangkok at this time? Or various options?

So you've had AZ 1X, Pfizer 2X?

Pfizer booster for you is probably still six months here, so start looking next month?

In Bangkok best to look at MoPH/Bang Sue and BMA/Din Daeng.

Try a mobile phone provider's registration for the former, the QueQ app for the latter.

https://app.dtac.co.th/vaccine/index-en.html

https://www.ais.th/vaccinesforthais/

https://vaccine.trueid.net/

https://www.queq.me/

or just try a walk-in.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1