What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

The Clown and the Candyman (2021)

fmovies. 2 Episodes.

"The 1970s saw a rise in serial killers unlike anything the United States had previously seen. Two of the killers operating during this time were John Wayne Gacy in Chicago and Dean Corll in Houston. Gacy and Corll were far more sinister than their outward facing personas, and their depraved actions resulted in the deaths of more than 60 young men and women and brought heartbreak to countless families, with some of their victims still unidentified to this day. The police believed the murders were the work of sole killers, but for the first time, the sordid secret revealing the network of pedophiles spanning the country is explored. This network included prominent members of American society with tentacles in some of our most trusted institutions. THE CLOWN AND THE CANDYMAN takes viewers down the rabbit hole to a murky world of predators in the '70s.Anonymous"

This trailer is from the podcast from which the documentary is made.

Did anyone mention stay close 

I know the general consensus is that James Nesbit rocks, but I think this one got the thumbs down.

Is it worth a look, just caught a conversation on discord saying how good it was. Anyone? 

On 1/2/2022 at 11:29 AM, Will27 said:

Stay Close

I got through 20 minutes.

49 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I know the general consensus is that James Nesbit rocks, but I think this one got the thumbs down.

Is it worth a look, just caught a conversation on discord saying how good it was. Anyone? 

Thought it was dreadful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, recom273 said:

I watched it but it took about 3 weeks. Not very good, the acting was a bit cheesy at times and unrealistic police scenes.

Had read the book a few years ago, it was quite good, so knew what was coming.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

This is a very exploitaitional box ticking film ,it has some white cowboys in it ,this would never have happened in those days .i will not be watching it.????

actually gave it a try ,but didnt last long ,and no it was not cause they was black .

It wasn't meant to be a documentary.

• Like 1

Just watched the first episode of The Gilded Age, sort of American Downton Abbey ,and yes there is black people in it ,but to be honest the main black girl fitted in nicely ,of course right at the end they slipped in a male gay couple ,i am sure just to tick the box ,but all in all a good start .looking forward to the next episode .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, recom273 said:

Gave up after the first episode. I don't usually do that but this was really not good

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Just watched the first episode of The Gilded Age, sort of American Downton Abbey ,and yes there is black people in it ,but to be honest the main black girl fitted in nicely ,of course right at the end they slipped in a male gay couple ,i am sure just to tick the box ,but all in all a good start .looking forward to the next episode .

A couple of gay guys having sex .......... but no naked women!

I quite like period dramas though.

• Haha 2

On 1/25/2022 at 9:40 PM, giddyup said:

Watched 2 episodes so far, best police series I've seen in a while.

shows that we are all different, switched off after 20minutes just unbelievable, he seems to do just as he likes, unlike the police force i remember.

Whilst waiting  to start the newly  released The Responder with Martin Freeman  I revisited Ray Donovan of which 7 series  were released. Trigger Point looks good but on tinyzonetv.to only one episode  has been released but the production  team associated with Trigger  Point also made 'Vigil' which was pretty weak and was dropped after one series unlike  Line of Duty which generated 6 series. Watching Ray Donovan again helps with understanding  the Ray Donovan  movie.  Soon to be released is series 2 of The Outlaws an excellent  Bristol  based comedy with Steven Merchant

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just finished watching Crime season 1

You know when you get a one word title like that----just makes it so hard to find. I know you gave IMDB link but when you look in the  usual places -----its crime this or crime that...... Just gave up in the end......can you PM me a link.

Many thanks..........................

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Just finished watching Gold (2022) with Zac Efron. ????

Only for those who like a lot of dust or enjoy watching paint dry.

What a terrible movie!

Gold (2022) - IMDb

PS I only watched it coz it was filmed in my home state, you can see why I moved to Thailand!

I quite liked it!!!!

Have just watched, "Unforgivable" with Sandra Bullock, and although it was a bit of a slow burner, it picked up pace a bit later on, and the ending was.........well if it didn't bring a tear to your eye, then you are not of this planet !!!!!!

On 1/25/2022 at 9:37 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Glad you asked that question because I am wondering about that also.

I must be old school because I judge a movie/series by how much I am enjoying it !!

Here’s one I enjoyed but probably wouldn’t pass the “ box tickers “ test:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10696784/

A name  might be useful but I too have no idea what box tick mean in this context. Is it good, bad, indifferent,  negative, positive, perjorative ..complimentary?

• Like 1