What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Allan Mustafa features  in a great new comedy from the team that brought us People Just Do Nothing called The Curse about a London gold heist gone wrong.
Mustafa plays a broke cafe owner, His partner from PJDN Chegwin plays a, dim-witted,  wanna be  gangster and Steve  The stoner Stamp from PJDN  a plays a happless security guard.
Just seeing the PJDN team back again is enough to bring a smile to my face. PJDN was a comedy series about a bunch of council house wasterells, would be grime artists and gangstas. It's filmed in a mockumentary style and is an excellent comedy series about a bunch of hopless guys led by MC Grindah with no self awareness and their pirate radio station Korrupt FM.
Their new comedy drama The Curse is normal drama comedy format  and brings talent from other shows include Murder in Successfulville

I really enjoyed People Just Do Nothing and watched it twice. If 'The Curse' is half as good it will be great.

Binged it last night ( 6 eps at 23 minutes each ).

While the “ people just do nothing “ characters were hilarious Mick the Boxer ( Tom Davis ) stole the show imho, season 2 very likely I would say.

PJDN was a great series but the Movie was a bit of a let down imho, too many stereotypical attempts at humour in Japan fell flat I felt.

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

Just watched ep 6 very good story as usual ,mind you i was really suprised as a blck man is married to a white woman in it,now thats something you very rarely see in modern tv series????

Oh and the daughter is a lesbian,now how could i forget that,and of course the lesbian girlfriend is half cast with a white dad and black mum.

Now not sure if this is racist ,but i think there is a white man married to a white woman in it. Lol

Disgusting that they did not tick the white man married to a white woman box????

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Binged it last night ( 6 eps at 23 minutes each ).

While the “ people just do nothing “ characters were hilarious Mick the Boxer ( Tom Davis ) stole the show imho, season 2 very likely I would say.

PJDN was a great series but the Movie was a bit of a let down imho, too many stereotypical attempts at humour in Japan fell flat I felt.

I think PJDN was better than The Curse.

Mick indeed was a great new addition.  Was he in a comedy called Gary? I missed Asim Chaudhry in the new show.

Big In  Japan might have used stereotypes but not in a malicious way and also as truisms. And often the truism were a mirror of the lads own naiveness and parochialism.  There were some other excellent comedies from the same stable which I found very amusing which I will review later.

22 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I think PJDN was better than The Curse.

Mick indeed was a great new addition.  Was he in a comedy called Gary? I missed Asim Chaudhry in the new show.

Big In  Japan might have used stereotypes but not in a malicious way and also as truisms. And often the truism were a mirror of the lads own naiveness and parochialism.  There were some other excellent comedies from the same stable which I found very amusing which I will review later.

King Gary, and yes I missed Chabuddy G.

Admittedly the Korrupt FM crew were extremely naive, just got a bit too slapstick for me in the movie.

12 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Admittedly the Korrupt FM crew were extremely naive, just got a bit too slapstick for me in the movie.

Maybe but I didn't invest too much of my expantacy in it  and on the whole enjoyed it. The problem is PJDN was so sublime its a difficult act to follow.

On 2/9/2022 at 12:59 PM, Jai Dee said:

The King's Man has just dropped on several sites in formats up to 4K.

Didn't quite know what to expect, however I thought this was very good, and stayed away from the humour of the previous ones, and was more like a "swashbuckling adventure" from something like the "Boy's Own" comic!!!

Nice one.

• Like 1

Also watched a movie called, "Last Survivors" which was made in 2021 I think, and it's about a man and his son living "off the grid"............and I won't say much else for fear of giving the plot away, but although it wasn't a stunning movie, it was enjoyable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, giddyup said:

If I could find the complete episodes with subs I'd give it a try, but without subs I might as well be watching it in Mandarin.

Google is your friend ----------:coffee1:

https://www.freshers-live.com/the-curse-season-1-2022-english-subtitles-download/

Edited by sanuk711

Also from the same production base - BBC3 as PJDN is the great comedy 'This Country' with
Daisy May Cooper, Charlie Cooper, Paul Chahidi and Trevor Cooper. The brother and sister team act in and create the series This Country which is set in the English countryside a long way from the PJDN world of gangstas,  ganja, garage, guns and grime. It's more barns, bucolia, badgers and er..scarecrows. In a small village in the Chilterns. Kerry and Kurtan Mucklowe present their daily life including the death of their woodwork teacher, the helpful vicar the scarecrow competition..and more. Its a well-observed mockumentary which merits repeat viewing and is laugh out loud funny.

Vintage Voltage  TV Series  2020  Series - 02 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12232278/

A team of car designers, fabricators and mechanics restore classic cars to modern electric vehicles.

Richard Moggy Morgan and his highly skilled team bring new life to old classics by swapping out the existing gas power plants for low-maintenance, high-efficiency electric systems.

https://www.vintagevoltage.tv/

Episodes 1-4 on available on EZTV and RARBG

204 Land Rover
DeLorean
Austin Mini

Porsche 911

Vintage.jpg.471ae69233f54d84c81f373aafd2909a.jpg

• Like 1

I watched the movie, "The House of Gucci" yesterday, mainly because I had it as a sort of "fill-in" movie when I had some spare time, as I didn't really feel attracted to it, if you know what I mean.

However I did watch it last night and found it very enjoyable, and I had no idea that Lady Gaga was playing the lead female role, as I had never seen her in anything before, never heard any of her songs, and knew nothing about her! BUT she was very, very good in her role and as the role grew, she grew with it (so to speak) and at the end of the movie was nothing like the person at the beginning of it.

It had some well-known characters in it and IMO, is well worth a watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

I had no idea that Lady Gaga was playing the lead female role, as I had never seen her in anything before, never heard any of her songs, and knew nothing about her!

Consider yourself lucky. It seemed to me that for 2 years I could not step outside of my home without repeatedly being bombard with Shallow from the Star is Born.  I liked the movie and song but got so sick of the song the following year or 2.

• Haha 1

Thank you to those who recommended "The Tinder Swindler".

He really had it down - masterful at what he did.

There was a female swindler a year or 2 ago  living the high life in NYC.

Convinced the hoi polloi that she was loaded, until it eventually crashed down on her. Nowhere close to as toxic as the Tinder Swindler though.

Her story can be found with a net search for those interested in the topic.

La Promesse

Thought episode 1 was pretty good.
The whole series is out there with hard-coded subs.

TPB

Summary: The six-parter concerns an investigation into a missing girl, which might be linked to 11-year-old Charlotte, who vanished in the middle of a storm in 1999.
The prime suspect in that case was released due to lack of evidence – might they have struck again?

On 2/11/2022 at 4:44 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

King Gary - I watched the first couple of episodes last night - Funny as you like.

The same as People ..  I know so many of these characters back home; people who I have worked alongside or customers. 

Cheers for that.

• Like 1

'Paradise Now' directed by Hany Abbu Hasad is a political and psychological thriller about Palestinian men  being  prepared for a suicide attack. One of the bombers, Said, has a woman friend, Suha, who is secular and educated and laughs at him for his ideas about accessing paradise via death.
The movie  is a well made, tense thriller that is politically informative examining middle east political  issues and some of the causes of the violenceand turmoil of the area. During the film production the crew experienced violence, shootings, kidnapping and landmine explosions. It received award nominations. I watched this movie for the second time and would recommend  it.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

'Paradise Now' directed by Hany Abbu Hasad is a political and psychological thriller about Palestinian men  being  prepared for a suicide attack. One of the bombers, Said, has a woman friend, Suha, who is secular and educated and laughs at him for his ideas about accessing paradise via death.
The movie  is a well made, tense thriller that is politically informative examining middle east political  issues and some of the causes of the violenceand turmoil of the area. During the film production the crew experienced violence, shootings, kidnapping and landmine explosions. It received award nominations. I watched this movie for the second time and would recommend  it.

This film if I remember correctly was in the Bangkok Film Festival many  years ago

• Like 1

I've been enjoying a very good terrorist/criminal drama played out in Ireland and Denmark with collaboration between the two police forces. It's becoming quite an intriguing plot.

'Hidden Assets' 6 pts on the BBC iPlayer..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I've been enjoying a very good terrorist/criminal drama played out in Ireland and Denmark with collaboration between the two police forces. It's becoming quite an intriguing plot.

'Hidden Assets' 6 pts on the BBC iPlayer..

The series I have recommended "Occupied" from Norway with good subs and English when spoken.
It is about an oil crisis in Europe and a new form of energy that is thought to be able to produce in existing systems.

Norway's oil rigs become  taken over by Russia in a roundabout way. etc
The series is from 2015.