What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

Found another movie that I'd never heard of before, called, "High Life", starring Robert Pattinson and Juliet Binoche, so thought I'd give it a try, and the best that I can say about it is, that it is different, odd, strange and disturbing in places, however I thought I would watch it through to the end to see the conclusion!

Feedback welcome.

Uncoupled---29/7----8 episodes All out. RARGB & everywhere----no IMDB rating yet

A nice Gay one for you Bert Blogs ...I'll expect a report on it when you have finished the 8 episodes.

Michael's life seemed to be perfect, until his husband blindsided him after 17 years of marriage. He has to confront the nightmares of losing his soulmate and suddenly finding himself as a single gay man in his mid-40s.

• Like 2

The Great an excellent series about Peter the Great and his Royal Court in Czarist Russia. Funny, cruel dramatic and insightful but with the most absurd,  patronising woke  casting with members of the Russian white aristocracy being played by Afro Caribbeans. Ludicrous,  patronising nopnesense. A deliberately,  misleading anachronism used for purposes of left wing propaganda to promote an idealises future by twisting the past. Its insulting and unnecessary. Its embarrassing. Apart from this distraction it a good show.

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The Great an excellent series about Peter the Great and his Royal Court in Czarist Russia. Funny, cruel dramatic and insightful but with the most absurd,  patronising woke  casting with members of the Russian white aristocracy being played by Afro Caribbeans. Ludicrous,  patronising nopnesense. A deliberately,  misleading anachronism used for purposes of left wing propaganda to promote an idealises future by twisting the past. Its insulting and unnecessary. Its embarrassing. Apart from this distraction it a good show.

Next we'll have a movie  about MLK as a white man, Bob Marley as a Chinese man and Nelson  Mandela as white South African!

• Haha 2

On 7/25/2022 at 8:32 AM, recom273 said:

One of my favorite shows, if you haven't checked the first two, well worth it.

Thanks for that recom273--watched the first ep last night, I had enjoyed the first 2 series --& this looks as good. I see they haven't given any credits to Ben Affleck who thought out the first 2 seasons out with  Chuck MacLean----maybe he was to busy with Ja-lo to help contribute to the 3rd season.

** first 2 seasons still available on TPB

Edited by sanuk711

6 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I just started 'City on the hill' A Boston  based crime series which  looks  pretty good. I'll make a further comment when I've viewed  more.

I enjoyed watching it.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

A Brutal Pact: The Murder of Daniella Perez

RAR

A few episodes in and this is really good.

This riveting five-part docuseries investigates the brutal 1992 murder of rising, young Brazilian telenovela star Daniella Perez at the hands of a jealous co-star.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Next we'll have a movie  about MLK as a white man, Bob Marley as a Chinese man and Nelson  Mandela as white South African!

Just watched Persuasion which I thought quite OK and amusing but the casting for a Jane Austen novel was very Bridgerton.

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Thanks for that recom273--watched the first ep last night, I had enjoyed the first 2 series --& this looks as good. I see they haven't given any credits to Ben Affleck who thought out the first 2 seasons out with  Chuck MacLean----maybe he was to busy with Ja-lo to help contribute to the 3rd season.

** first 2 seasons still available on TPB

What show are we referring  to here?

17 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Was it just me or was the  most recent episode of Better Call Saul in the department store boring? 

Very unlike what I have been watching.

It referenced his origins as a detailed scam artist but also served as plot device to prevent that guy from blackmailing  him or reporting him. I think it will return  to 'normal ' next  week. There is a very good review of the episode in the Guardian earlier this week.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It referenced his origins as a detailed scam artist but also served as plot device to prevent that guy from blackmailing  him or reporting him. I think it will return  to 'normal ' next  week. There is a very good review of the episode in the Guardian earlier this week.

I know the plot line but nevertheless it was sleep inducing. And Kim went with barely a whimper end of 9.

3 to go? 

And then binge on Breaking Bad!????

1 minute ago, Thailand said:

I know the plot line but nevertheless it was sleep inducing. And Kim went with barely a whimper end of 9.

3 to go? 

And then binge on Breaking Bad!????

Yes 3

61 11 "Breaking Bad"[63] Thomas Schnauz[64] Thomas Schnauz[64] August 1, 2022[63] TBD
62 12 "Waterworks"[63] Vince Gilligan[64] Vince Gilligan[64] August 8, 2022[63] TBD
63 13 "Saul Gone"[63] Peter Gould[65] Peter Gould[66] August 15, 2022[63]

https://aseannow.com/topic/1245104-what-movies-or-tv-shows-are-you-watching-2022/page/84/

Who Stole Tamara Ecclestone’s Diamonds? -

Only just got round to watching it--getting further behind, & football starts tonight.....it wasn't just Ecclestone’s house they hit--stopped off At Frank Lampards for a quick million,  then on to Thai magnate Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha--- King Power- after he died in England they turned his house in London  into sort of  mausoleum, apparently nothing was to be touched. including the half million Euros that sat there.  

So a great night----then the police chase was on-----worth a watch I thought

2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just watched season 1 of Witness Number 3. It's a UK crime drama. I thought it was pretty good and worth a look IMHO. It's already been mentioned in this forum but I can't remember who by. Thanks to whoever that was. I watched it on tinyzonetv. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15844310/

I watched it and  probably  mentioned  it. Yes it's pretty good and short. It wasn't popular  with the TV critics

• Like 1

The Bear

Mentioned by others, just binged it and it's definitely one of the best of the year.

Especially delicious and on point for those of us who have lived in Chicago. 

I've never understood why Italian Beefs are only a Chicago thing and not an everywhere thing either. Philly cheese steaks are global. Chicago Italian Beefs are much better.

Edited by Jingthing