Blast from the Past - 60's, 70's, 80's,90's Music (2022)

CharlieH

22 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've started a new thread just for the Blues. From year zero till now. I won't be posting anymore Blues is this thread.

I’m sorry to hear this, but I understand. I’ve enjoyed 100% of the blues songs you’ve posted here MD - plus all the Dylan songs. Maybe you should consider putting it to a vote? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, DBath said:

After my divorce in 2010, I used to ride my Harley up Poudre Canyon, outside of Fort Collins, CO to a place called Mishawaka by the Poudre River. There was a guy named Russel there who was a huge Pittsburgh Steeler fan and a ‘Dead Head’, who used to follow the band around many years prior. He manage every show that came to that venue with an iron fist. He lived in a train caboose across the road from the venue, that used to draw hundreds every weekend. Keep in mind this place was at least 35 miles from civilization, up in the Rocky mountains. He had a dog named ‘Bradshaw’ - named after Terry - he kept across the road near his caboose - and I used ride my Harley up there several times per week to have beers at the bar there and feed Bradshaw treats until he eventually died. Bradshaw was a basset hound. I cried when I found out he’d passed. Poudre Canyon and Fort Collins, CO were my stomping grounds. Sorry for rambling…

Not rambling, DB, sharing stories of our previous lives, and why not? Learn some new words too --caboose! Thought it was some kind of animal related to a moose!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Not rambling, DB, sharing stories of our previous lives, and why not? Learn some new words too --caboose! Thought it was some kind of animal related to a moose!

Now there’s a song I can relate to about my old stomping grounds, Bannork. I do miss the rockies - so many memories I have there. I plan to visit the Pyrenees soon, while I’m still here in the north of Spain, but I’m not sure it will feel the same as the good old rockies. 

DB, I've always envied Americans for having such a vast country, so many places to explore. The UK has a wonderful variety of scenery too but it's just too small. Every national holiday, the picturesque spots are all jammed with tourists. One has to go to Scotland or Ireland to get away from the hordes.

I spent a few months in Connemara,  County Galway, Eire, helping a friend build his house in the mid 70s. He knew many of the locals so it was fun heading to these pubs in the middle of nowhere where a fiddle band would be kicking up a storm on Saturday night. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2022 at 1:51 PM, bannork said:

DB, I've always envied Americans for having such a vast country, so many places to explore. The UK has a wonderful variety of scenery too but it's just too small. Every national holiday, the picturesque spots are all jammed with tourists. One has to go to Scotland or Ireland to get away from the hordes.

I spent a few months in Connemara,  County Galway, Eire, helping a friend build his house in the mid 70s. He knew many of the locals so it was fun heading to these pubs in the middle of nowhere where a fiddle band would be kicking up a storm on Saturday night. 

As an ERP Consultant, I've worked in every major city in the US and I used to enjoy exploring when I had the time. In the late '90's I managed an ERP (Oracle) project for an international timeshare company that was located in Carnforth, England - up in the lakes district. The CFO and I used to take a 'beer break' in the afternoon at one of their onsite pubs and spend 2 to 3 hours downing pints before returning to the office. Those were some great times - and we still brought the system up on schedule and under budget!! I remember driving to Windermere Lake and having dinner one rainy afternoon and the view from the restaurant there was beautiful and peaceful with few people around. I really enjoyed the people and the countryside in England.

Edited by DBath
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, bannork said:

Later they incorporated parts of this with 'Blowing Free' in live gigs, great on yer feet stuff.

Nice opening riff from Peter Frampton, reckon it 'influenced' Angus Young's 'Back In Black'

A couple more from Humble Pie with Marriott and Frampton - 30 Days in the Hole

Humble Pie - I Don't Need No Doctor (Live at Fillmore East)

Edited by DBath
  • Like 1