What happens when so when somebody gets their Thailand pass approved before they got their embassy visa?

a friend got their Thailand pass approved on 22 Dec (test and go) based on the 30 day exempt but in the meantime she got a 90 day visa from the embassy. Does she need to change the visa in the approved Thailand Pass or can she just show the QR code and show the 90 day visa to the immigration at the airport. She is does not want to apply the new Thailand Pass because it would mean 14 day quarantine for her.

Do they check the visa on the Thiland pass?

Edited by drronnie

The validity of the Thailand Pass is checked by MOH staff and their helpers after one deplanes and before one gets near the Immigration desks. Your friend may be asked to show proof of where her final abode will be after 'test & go' (I saw this being requested by the health checker for the two guys in front of me who were on visa-exempt entry). Otherwise, as @ubonjoe has suggested, once she gets to the Immigration desk, they are only interested in the visa or other entry entitlement and don't care how the TP was approved.

Edited by NanLaew

Visa has nothing to do with entry pass.. You can enter on thai elite.., 30 day exemption, business, work or regular tourist or nothing.. It is not connected at all. The thai pass is just an entry that you follow the guidelines outlined. How you legally stay in thailand is not their concern.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 11:51 AM, NanLaew said:

The validity of the Thailand Pass is checked by MOH staff and their helpers after one deplanes and before one gets near the Immigration desks. Your friend may be asked to show proof of where her final abode will be after 'test & go' (I saw this being requested by the health checker for the two guys in front of me who were on visa-exempt entry). Otherwise, as @ubonjoe has suggested, once she gets to the Immigration desk, they are only interested in the visa or other entry entitlement and don't care how the TP was approved.

true that imm does not care how TP was approved.

However I entered yesterday and they were asking for detailed address where you will stay after leaving the hotel -- at least for those on pre-approved Test & Go.  Not just city but whole address. In my case as it is a private home I showed them my pink Thai ID card which made it easier for them to enter all the info in Thai as they needed an exact address including street address, village, sub-district, ampur etc (ID card is not required, they would have struggled through phonetically if necessary but made it easier for them). Presumably with a hotel the hotel name and city would suffice as they'd likey have it on a menu.

10 hours ago, Sheryl said:

true that imm does not care how TP was approved.

However I entered yesterday and they were asking for detailed address where you will stay after leaving the hotel -- at least for those on pre-approved Test & Go.  Not just city but whole address. In my case as it is a private home I showed them my pink Thai ID card which made it easier for them to enter all the info in Thai as they needed an exact address including street address, village, sub-district, ampur etc (ID card is not required, they would have struggled through phonetically if necessary but made it easier for them). Presumably with a hotel the hotel name and city would suffice as they'd likey have it on a menu.

Was never asked when I entered.