Chinese backpacker stranded and homeless in Thailand due to COVID-19 lockdowns in China

webfact

Wow, no family or friends to help him out, even the Chinese Embassy to offer somekind of assistance, his story doesn't gel well with me as we all have contacts and or either debit or credit card/s and I have to say at 35 if you haven't put something away for a rainy day, you have to be one of those leachers which I believe he is.

Shame the Thai guy couldn't focus more on his own citizens who are suffering from their own governments actions, instead of this guy IMO.

• Sad 3

In my modest opinion; with timely care he should have been able to return to China in due time before everything closed, and do an entry-isolation, just like many citizens from numerous countries did it.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

TVF, the forum that takes a story of compassion and turns into racist drivel and disgusting negativity.

Not one positive comment on the compassion that this story is about - a disgraceful place this forum has become.  For some reason this racism is tolerated as it is so common in so many threads.

Fully agree but on the other hand IS THIS NEWS ?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, webfact said:

According to Jang, the air fare to fly home had increased sharply, from thousands of baht to tens of thousands, and only a few airlines resumed flights to China when lockdown restrictions were eased to allow Chinese nationals to return.

Don't worry a train will be along shortly.. unless that get cancelled..... 

Xi's got some funding issues.

1 hour ago, wombat said:

your point being?

He just likes to say that anyone who has a negative written post or full of criticism is a Basher and is not happy, but then that's the way it comes across when I read what was written.

• Like 1