Likelihood of Covid extensions continuing or not after Jan.

Two questions about the 60 day COVID extension: 

- On the "60 Day Covid Extension Affidavit", the first option is "I am not permitted to enter the destination country or the pandemic situation of COVID-19 is still ongoing". Is it enough to just check this because "COVID-19 is still ongoing" ?

I heard a rumor that it was possible to process the 60 day extension online. This sounds dubious, but does anyone know if this is possible?

53 minutes ago, mlondon said:

I heard a rumor that it was possible to process the 60 day extension online. This sounds dubious, but does anyone know if this is possible?

Not possible. The closest thing would be using an agent. 

Regarding affidavit most folk have been ticking second box.

Hopefully covid extensions will continue. 

When does your current permit of stay end? 

Edited by DrJack54

46 minutes ago, bangkokstick said:

And trust me, living here more than 10 years "cheating" any kind of visa, I exactly know what I am saying and doing, unlike most on this forum.

How proud you must be of predicting covid extensions would continue. This far. 

Many folk have done exactly that.

Congratulations on your outstanding foresight..

• Haha 1

what exactly is 'covid extensions'?  does it mean that if you entered here on a tourest visa just prior to March 2020(when all the borders were closed) you could have been extending since then?  or did they eventually force people to go back to their country of nationality after the first covid extensions.. and then they came back and 'covid extended' again?

21 minutes ago, pkspeaker said:

what exactly is 'covid extensions'?  does it mean that if you entered here on a tourest visa just prior to March 2020(when all the borders were closed) you could have been extending since then?  or did they eventually force people to go back to their country of nationality after the first covid extensions.. and then they came back and 'covid extended' again?

Since october 2020, anyone in Thailand with a tourist visa can apply for the covid extension. They didn't force anyone to go to their country, they wanted all of these farangs here expending money. I'm one of those farangs, still here with the covid extension. 

17 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

Since october 2020, anyone in Thailand with a tourist visa can apply for the covid extension. They didn't force anyone to go to their country, they wanted all of these farangs here expending money. I'm one of those farangs, still here with the covid extension. 

haha well then you scored !

• Like 1

I went to MTT in Bangkok today (05 Jan 2022), got the 60-day extension until 25 Mar 2022, but they told me that this would be my last extension and that if I went in again, I would only get 7 more days.  I entered Thailand in Feb 2020 and have been doing COVID extensions since then, and they said that part of the reason why I wouldn't get another extension is because of how long I've been here, but from what the woman at the counter said it sounded like they might be ending the COVID extensions generally or changing the system somehow, but this wasn't totally clear.  I guess we'll see what the next announcement brings.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, anymajordude said:

I went to MTT in Bangkok today (05 Jan 2022), got the 60-day extension until 25 Mar 2022, but they told me that this would be my last extension and that if I went in again, I would only get 7 more days.  I entered Thailand in Feb 2020 and have been doing COVID extensions since then, and they said that part of the reason why I wouldn't get another extension is because of how long I've been here, but from what the woman at the counter said it sounded like they might be ending the COVID extensions generally or changing the system somehow, but this wasn't totally clear.  I guess we'll see what the next announcement brings.

Did they make you present an onward flight ticket out ?

On 1/2/2022 at 12:07 PM, DrJack54 said:

Ah, a question on many folks mind.

My GUESS is that the covid extensions will be continued.

Maybe crazy but my thinking was they would continue till such time that a/some land borders would open. 

Omicron it in it's infancy in Thailand. Matter of time for it to be widespread here..

Bit surprised by recent reports of negative statements to few folk along lines ..." This is your last one".

Request at CW of outbound flight. Don't understand why. 

So #1 and 2 for me.

My friend was in bkk today got his extension but was also told last one, and that overstay would be 500 baht per day, no idea why they said that. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

My friend was in bkk today got his extension but was also told last one, and that overstay would be 500 baht per day, no idea why they said that. 

Just for bit of balance....

Just now posted this in similar thread. 

Guess it depends on io.

"Ican't update you regarding CM.

However just as an encouraging PM from fella just now.

Basically he was one of those that was given hard time and rejected due to no outbound flight.

Just got his 60 days today.

CW experience was like day and night. 

The io gave him no grief at all. 

Extension was dated from expiry of current permit.

Will ask him about under consideration stamp (which he did not mention) so hopefully was given the full 60 on the spot. 

On 1/4/2022 at 11:45 AM, jonga80 said:

You weren't scared a bit when they threatened to put everyone in jail in September 2020?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

You weren't scared a bit when they threatened to put everyone in jail in September 2020?

There was tens of thousands of people who they would of had to put in jail,never going to happen, at that time Alot of people who panicked ended up paying crazy money to visa agents for volunteer visas. I definitely remeber the threats your talking about, me personally I was in full panic mode for sure .

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...