Thailand’s Minister of Public Health officially proposes to Covid-Center to postpone resuming “Test and Go” until at least the end of January

webfact

2 hours ago, DaveC said:

@screaming

Brain dead on arrival !!!

When will you realize that this is bad cold !!

Ask yourself one simple question, are restrictions working.?

Maybe you are marxist. If so we are ready for you and the world is finally waking up to your insane views !!!

Let's go Brandon !!!

You are deluded.

people are dying from Omicron.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If he does this then Thai tourism will be dead for another year, nobody booking a holiday now will be doing it 'hoping' thailand may or may not be open later, he can certainly wipe off the expected 300,000 Jan, Feb March and as for cutting the test and go from 10th January even if booked already .....................

Oh come on, this is Thailand.  What will actually happen is that they will proceed in short bursts of contradictory policy until covid ends.  Mai bpen rai.   The wave will be pretty short and Thailand will reverse itself as soon as it can to get those cash cows flowing again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stigar said:

Maybe it gives a clue how fast its spread.

Nobody cares about Norway(and, to a larger extent, Scandinavia)

Stop believe all the BS, your media feeds you.

Scandinavia is not the pinnacle of human achievement and nobody cares about you people.

Be safe

Teya from "It's Thai Things" YT channel is claiming that the info was wrong all along.

People that were due to arrive after January 10 under the Test & Go scheme should still be allowed in :

Sans titre.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVt6ZquC0nXZYeDTDrCjYw/community?lb=UgkxdaxbhChbE8NehOQ9MQPdX-_YBc2S1kq4

Edited by Michel PUISSANT
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Michel PUISSANT said:

Teya from "It's Thai Things" YT channel is claiming that the info was wrong all along.
People that were due to arrive after January 10 under the Test & Go scheme should be allowed in :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVt6ZquC0nXZYeDTDrCjYw/community?lb=UgkxdaxbhChbE8NehOQ9MQPdX-_YBc2S1kq4

watch the whole video

edit-woops ignore me didnt see your new comment

Edited by Soyboy

Okay what has Anutin been drinking this time. It is one thing to change rules of quarantine for

travelers, but to make everyone change their flights to only enter via Phuket is ridiculous,

Mr. Anutin has not thought this out at all.  I wonder just how many days it will take for others

to tell him to rethink his present thoughts.  Many travelers will be cancelling if they have to pay

more money for flight changes, and look at all the hotel cancelations that will have to happen as well.

Maybe tomorrow will bring some better, more sane thoughts to this situation. Hopefully.

If he had said that inbound travelers will have to change their flight plans if they are coming after Feb 1st

that would be a lot more practical. Just saying.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, robblok said:

But if it is already spreading like so many say what is the point then ? Ok maybe to prevent even more covid carriers inside Thailand but not to stop Omicron.

Exactly... Okay I except it's here, but at the moment minimal.

Stop what you can.. 

• Like 1

A spectacularly cowardly man engaging in continued sabotage and destruction. 

Few who test negative, have been double or triple vaccinated with an effective vaccine, and then get tested again and again, will be a danger to a timid nation. Very few. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Exactly... Okay I except it's here, but at the moment minimal.

Stop what you can.. 

Yep. That's the idea. 

And this on-again/off-again entry, testing and whatnot continues the world over. 

Just not Thailand that is back-n-forth in it's policies.

• Like 1

Danderman 123 critisises my comments, obviuosly lives in a closetted world. What word is "WRONGNESS' not in any dictionary. Secondly state your facts guess you have none.

Australia is doing away with quarantine as it has a high national vaccination rate. In its place they are bringing in "ISOLATION" at home, also allowing use of RAT along with many other changes to current rules. Western Australian Government ( which has very low cases both historically and currently) expect hundreds of thousands of Omicron cases when they open their border in the next few weeks.

Most Australians are currently lining up for their third vaccine shot.

There is a saying " you are better off sitting there looking like an idiot than opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

5 minutes ago, pattaya1234was said:

Strange! I have again opened the article with a new browser and it's still not there. We are obviously living on different planets-or something!

Now taken another route and it is still there.! I think that just about sums up the situation here! Let's hope the meeting decides to abandon the 10th Jan. idea!

• Like 1

Posts with links and content from the Bangkok Post have been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEANNOW.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

7 days ago: 

The controversial figure admitted that there would be some Omicron cases that would "sneak in" among the 200,000 foreign tourists on the Test and Go program. 

But he reiterated that procedures were in place to handle that eventuality and that Thailand could cope.

Those responsible are not even able to correctly assess a situation for 7 days, especially if you already have 22 months of experience. With these short-term, constantly contradicting announcements, there is only more harm than good.

Incapable - the whole lot.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 6:55 AM, law ling said:

All because of what that Israeli guy did?

Now it's two Indian nationals they are looking for. 

spacer.png

facebook.com/318251788326658/posts/2221214921363659/

Today (4 Jan 2022), the Chonburi Provincial Public Health Office (Chonburi Province) posted on their Facebook page that they're searching for Mr. xxxx xxxx, 30 years old and MISS xxxx xxxx, 32 years old.

Dr. Apirat Katanyutanon, Chonburi Provincial Public Health Doctor, revealed that the two tourists traveled to Thailand via the TEST & GO scheme, The first test for COVID-19 was negative. Later, the hospital did a second RT-PCR test. The result came back positive (infected), without specifying the variant.  The two individuals weren't waiting to hear the results and traveled to Bangkok

https://news.thaipbs.or.th/content/311311

Edited by Bangkokian2019
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

Where are you getting all your information that expats are walking around with no masks? You also claim that all the foreigners in Pattaya are walking around mask less.... You should get a new informant because what u say is untrue. 

Walk around Naklua. big C Extra. Soi baukhao. I see with my own eyes too. 

6 minutes ago, Bkktodd said:

Best get the new update…that’s old

0DC09B93-64F4-4DBB-9CC2-585D1586C49D.png

I printed that from my approval and posted it just after I took the screenshot today. The site your using is not the official Thai Pass website run by the government.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1