Foreign tourists not wearing masks threaten closure of Phi Phi island - hotelier calls for foreigners to be fined

webfact

On 1/6/2022 at 10:49 AM, TropicalGuy said:

I love the heartfelt compassion and love we all enjoy here on AN! 
It's a joy.

And keep thinking happy thoughts about 3x full vaccine immunity.

"The SAR in household contacts exposed to the delta variant was 25% (95% CI 18–33) for fully vaccinated individuals compared with 38% (24–53) in unvaccinated individuals."

The devil's in the details.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00648-4/fulltext#seccestitle160

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, connda said:

It's a joy.

"The SAR in household contacts exposed to the delta variant was 25% (95% CI 18–33) for fully vaccinated individuals compared with 38% (24–53) in unvaccinated individuals."

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00648-4/fulltext#seccestitle160

3x western vaxxed and worked hard with diet & exercise to reverse all “ conditions” to get and stay healthy & fit, a maximum effort, to reduce odds of my dying from Covid to practically zero.

Determinedly & Aggressively Ignorant Anti -Vaxxers attract Pity not Love.

On 1/5/2022 at 3:03 PM, BangkokReady said:

Do you get as angry about Thais not wearing masks and failing to follow anti-covid procedures, or do they, rather unsurprisingly, get an easy out provided by the bias in your mind?

I'm not at all angry. If people want to be incivil, up to them. But, to date, I have NOT seen any Thais without masks in public here in Bangkok.

They need to be practical and allow no masks outdoors, especially on beaches. The risk of transmission outdoors is very little.

HOWEVER, indoors many tourists are continuing to refuse to wear masks. FINE THEM. Thailand never misses an oppurtunity to fine tourists (see litter fines, scooter fines, etc) but for this they are bizarrley turning a blind eye to it.

FINE THEM !

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2022 at 5:04 PM, webfact said:

Some 1,300 visitors were there daily with many going to Maya Bay that has recently reopened to tourism.

Obviously learned nothing. Should close Maya Bay to tourists permanently, or at least restricted the numbers and not allowed anyone to land.

As for the main island, last time I saw it I wanted to put a big bulldozer across the entire peninsula. Paradise lost to greed.

Close it by all means and never open it again, IMO.

9 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

I went for a massage the other day, and there were a couple of foreigners there - Russian and American, neither wearing a mask. Two elderly women massaging their feet. I actually told them to mask up - the look of sheer disgust and outrage i got from them was astonishing. 

You are lucky that was all you got.

If the women were worried they'd be wearing masks themselves, or if they were are you saying masks don't work?

19 hours ago, connda said:

It's a joy.

Some people just like telling other people what to do, despite any information to the contrary. There was a name for kids like that in school, and it wasn't complimentary.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Some people just like telling other people what to do, despite any information to the contrary. There was a name for kids like that in school, and it wasn't complimentary.

True. Many end up as Police or bad Politicians. Different if asked to Lead by others……

Latest Exposed Celebrity Fool: Novax Djorkovic. Not going well for him at all…..Destroyed his own Brand Overnight. Yet majority DM Article Comments and much of Serbia are in support of his nonsense. Hardcore 20% Fools always more vocal with their Idiocy about their Rights. Never any mention of Duty though …..