Foreign tourists not wearing masks threaten closure of Phi Phi island - hotelier calls for foreigners to be fined

webfact

When the maskless people get sick with COVID and are lying in some hospital bed, it will be a bit late to

realize that they can still catch the Delta variant of COVID, and it is out to kill you.  Are you feeling lucky?

Well are you bullet proof to COVID? Welcome to 2022, year of Omicron.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TropicalGuy said:

Personally, as triple vaxxed resident I comply with public masking, but only to avoid any trouble, except for Nightlife (amongst vaxxed Tourists). Then it’s just silly politics.

No Interest in “protecting” unvaxxed now vax available to all here for last 12 months.

I Understand your attitude, I also have little sympathy for people who are unvaccinated by choice, but let's not forget that there are those who  are unvaccinated for reasons other by choice, and then there those who are triple vaccinated , as I also am, who are put in danger by those unvaccinated who perpetuate the pandemic, and enable mutations, and those who don't wear masks vaccinated or not, and help spread old and new covid variants. 

Don't underestimate the ability of the Omicron variant to infect vaccinated people I personally know of two close family member back in the US who were vaccinated and got infected just two weeks ago. 

I realize that there are occasions where wearing a mask is not viable, such as eating  at a restaurant or while swimming at the beach. but I don't see why if we can all wear them during every day life while interacting with others. why tourists could not,

other their own selfish personal gratification. 

I don't know about you, but I had enough of this pandemic and the disruptions it has caused, and I want it to end sooner rather than later, IMO that can only happen if we all, at least most of us get vaccinated, and we all do our part at preventive measures such as mask wearing , hand washing etc. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Theres another thing here, if you want visitors to wear masks at all time then you need to tell them that (signs and instructions everywhere), they come from countries whereby it is optional in many situations. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ezzra said:

Tourists coming from far and wide around the glob to be care free on a beach in Thailand and has to were masks, what a holiday it is in deed...

No, the expectation is that you need to suit up in PPE in order to enjoy a day in the open air on a wind-blown beach.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 4:42 AM, BangkokReady said:

I wonder how it will work.  Will they make the Thais wear masks as well, or will they fine foreign tourists right in front of Thais not wearing masks?  Will be interesting to see how deranged the racism gets...

works for helmets and licenses on scooters.. 

Again, this was not hard to predict.

The regime should have spelled out ALL the rules, laws, procedures, punishments in the spiffy ThailandPass promotional material.

Touting thailand as "OPEN" led prospective tourists to have expectations.

Sorry, but this is all on thailand and not foreign tourists.

On 1/5/2022 at 2:22 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

The signs at the  airport  on arrival  are clear regarding  masks. It is the fault of  selfish arrogant foreign  visitors.

It's much more the fault of Thailand's reputation of laws and rules being very much optional. Also probably helped by many Thais not wearing masks and being very lax about anti-covid procedures.

36 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

There's some truth to 'the ugly American' even if he's not American. We're all wearing masks here in Thailand. Show some respect!

Do you get as angry about Thais not wearing masks and failing to follow anti-covid procedures, or do they, rather unsurprisingly, get an easy out provided by the bias in your mind?

9 hours ago, sirineou said:

I Understand your attitude, I also have little sympathy for people who are unvaccinated by choice, but let's not forget that there are those who  are unvaccinated for reasons other by choice, and then there those who are triple vaccinated , as I also am, who are put in danger by those unvaccinated who perpetuate the pandemic, and enable mutations, and those who don't wear masks vaccinated or not, and help spread old and new covid variants. 

Don't underestimate the ability of the Omicron variant to infect vaccinated people I personally know of two close family member back in the US who were vaccinated and got infected just two weeks ago. 

I realize that there are occasions where wearing a mask is not viable, such as eating  at a restaurant or while swimming at the beach. but I don't see why if we can all wear them during every day life while interacting with others. why tourists could not,

other their own selfish personal gratification. 

I don't know about you, but I had enough of this pandemic and the disruptions it has caused, and I want it to end sooner rather than later, IMO that can only happen if we all, at least most of us get vaccinated, and we all do our part at preventive measures such as mask wearing , hand washing etc. 

triple vaxxed in zero danger from unvaxxed.

Cases and symptoms Irrelevant now so STOP Testing as it’s Everywhere.

only Deaths matter and zero 3x vaxxed are dying.

ALL unvaxxed fully responsible for themselves now.

stay home,  become a hermit, wear a hazmat suit. Don’t Care.

stop punishing healthy people !

On 1/5/2022 at 3:00 PM, BangkokReady said:

It's much more the fault of Thailand's reputation of laws and rules being very much optional. Also probably helped by many Thais not wearing masks and being very lax about anti-covid procedures.

You have a vivid imagination. Have you ever been to Thailand? Are you here now?  Where is the evidence of a world perception of rules being optional  in Thailand.  Its in your head. Most Thais  do wear masks and do observe covid protocols and have done since the outbreak regulations started in April 20.

Many foreigners  behave in a discourteous manner, are disrespectful and it is this ignorance I and  I'm sure you, dislike. Some of my best friends are foreigners lol..But that does not mean they are above criticism.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, digger70 said:

Well now If only the Foreigners aren't wearing a mask and the Locals are then What's the Problem .If the Locals are wearing a Mask they are Protected Aren't They?   ????

The problem is that willfully ignoring the law is disrespecting the country. Go to a baseball game in America and refuse to stand or remove your hat for the anthem...see where that get's you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TropicalGuy said:

triple vaxxed in zero danger from unvaxxed.

Cases and symptoms Irrelevant now so STOP Testing as it’s Everywhere.

only Deaths matter and zero 3x vaxxed are dying.

ALL unvaxxed fully responsible for themselves now.

stay home,  become a hermit, wear a hazmat suit. Don’t Care.

stop punishing healthy people !

Yea I get that, but even though vaccinated people might not be dying from it, they  can still transmit the virus , the mask is not so much for their protection as it is for the protection of other. 

On 1/5/2022 at 1:23 AM, Stargeezr said:

realize that they can still catch the Delta variant of COVID, and it is out to kill you. 

It is out to kill mainly people aged 70+ (by 85%.) .For younger people with no underlying conditions the risk is minimal. Flu too kills people.

On 1/4/2022 at 11:12 AM, Gsxrnz said:

Yeah sorry Kuhn Tourist, you can't get on the boat unless you're wearing a mask.  What?  Nuh, you don't need a life jacket. Life jackets are useless against Covid.

A bit like the family of 4 I saw on a motorscooter yesterday, all wearning masks, but no helmets.

• Haha 1

On 1/5/2022 at 9:52 PM, TropicalGuy said:

"The Risk of Vaccinated COVID Transmission Is Not Low "

"Once infected, vaccinated people seem to transmit COVID similarly to unvaccinated people; "

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-risk-of-vaccinated-covid-transmission-is-not-low/

Since some in Phuket are not wearing masks, obviously they don't care about others, that's why we have authorities that can make them care. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

"The Risk of Vaccinated COVID Transmission Is Not Low "

"Once infected, vaccinated people seem to transmit COVID similarly to unvaccinated people; "

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-risk-of-vaccinated-covid-transmission-is-not-low/

Since some in Phuket are not wearing masks, obviously they don't care about others, that's why we have authorities that can make them care. 

“Seems” and “similar” are vague unscientific terms. Vaxxed are significantly less transmissive, carry a lower average viral load & don’t take up hospital beds or die much.

They have made a maximum effort.

Therefore ZERO obligation to “protect” unvaxxed idiots.

• Confused 2

21 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

“Seems” and “similar” are vague unscientific terms. Vaxxed are significantly less transmissive, carry a lower average viral load & don’t take up hospital beds or die much.

They have made a maximum effort.

Therefore ZERO obligation to “protect” unvaxxed idiots.

Clearly simple facts and reason “puzzles” some who are unable to argue their contrary case.