Keeping Money In Wise.

I know that Wise is not a bank. but I also know that you can keep GBPs in it. If I am in the UK can I transfer any or all of these GBPs in to my UK bank.

If so, will it be at the rate it was when I deposited it, or the rate it is when I withdraw it?

5 hours ago, lkn said:

I don’t know about the 50 free GBP transactions per month, but you can get a free debit card associated with your account.

This allows you to either withdraw via an ATM, although there is monthly limit, or, you can open an account with Revolut and top-up the Revolut account using your Wise debit card, this is free of charge, and from Revolut, you can transfer to another bank account, also free of charge.

Not sure how Revolut can charge debit cards without paying a fee, but I have seen a few other institutions also provide free deposits via VISA/Mastercard.

You can't get a Wise Debit Card if your registered address is in Thailand.

Screenshot_25650107_090917[1].jpg

Edited by Mutt Daeng
added border to image
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lkn said:

I don’t know about the 50 free GBP transactions per month, but you can get a free debit card associated with your account.

When did the remove the fee for the debit card, paid £5 for mine about a year ago.

11 minutes ago, sandyf said:

When did the remove the fee for the debit card, paid £5 for mine about a year ago.

I don't know when they removed the fee, but it is now free if you accept standard postage or at a cost if you want it sent DHL. (This is not experience for Thailand based as I got mine elsewhere, but they will send card to an address/country other than your registered address)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lkn said:

This allows you to either withdraw via an ATM, although there is monthly limit, or, you can open an account with Revolut and top-up the Revolut account using your Wise debit card, this is free of charge, and from Revolut, you can transfer to another bank account, also free of charge.

Not sure how Revolut can charge debit cards without paying a fee, but I have seen a few other institutions also provide free deposits via VISA/Mastercard.

A poster has said that you can only apply for the Wise debit card if you are not living in  Thailand. Maybe I misread it.

Edited by possum1931

5 hours ago, Mario Cosmopolite said:

I don't know when they removed the fee, but it is now free if you accept standard postage or at a cost if you want it sent DHL. (This is not experience for Thailand based as I got mine elsewhere, but they will send card to an address/country other than your registered address)

It would appear that the card issuing fee is still in place.

Card issuing fee $7 USD / £5 GBP/ €6 EUR/ $10 SGD/ $10 NZD and free in AUD (the first time)

https://transumo.com/wise-card-review/#Wise-Card-Cost

21 hours ago, possum1931 said:

A poster has said that you can only apply for the Wise debit card if you are not living in  Thailand. Maybe I misread it.

Perhaps I am being pedantic, but I never said that. I said "if your registered address is in Thailand". Registered as in when opening your Wise account you used your Thai address, regardless of where you are living.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Confused 1