Covid: Pre-departure travel tests to England to be scrapped

webfact

One of the reasons for scrapping pre- flight tests maybe the availability of fake pcr test reports . Having said that fake vaccination certs with kosha QR codes are also being sold . So all of the paraphernalia of checking certs at airports could be a waste of time . Waiting times at Heathrow immigration , for arrivals to be cleared , can be up to 7 hours . Individual airlines may well take their own stance on this latest Boris announcement because they have to be seen taking health & safety into account for not only their passengers but their air crew who if catch the virus will be unable to work and flights would be cancelled , so not good for business . I do not fancy boarding a plane when there could well be infected passengers.  Maybe airports could carry out their own rapid tests ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Flying from Thailand to the U.K and you need to take a PCR test because the U.K doesn't want the new Omicron virus to enter the U.K.

The fact that Omericon is prevalent in the UK shows that all these tests are a waste of time and effort

Cannot argue with that but I still do not want to catch the virus . Heads you win , tails you lose ?

19 hours ago, smedly said:

airline may still insist on preflight tests - also a lot of flights do not fly directly to the UK 

Personally I would prefer passengers are tested before boarding a flight that I have to share with them

The article is not correct. The quoted BBC link is more clear. Unvaccinated people are still required to take pre-departure tests, as well as full PCR tests on arrival.