Pork Prices Expected to Normalize Within 4 Months

webfact

ea1a437168b6fb9465579126162c8d1b_small.jpg

By: Namo Vananupong

BANGKOK (NNT) - Increased demand for pork from markets and lowered supply, as well as heightened prices of feed materials such as corn and soybean meal, have been cited as the major causes of expensive pork. The high production cost has prompted a number of farmers to leave the pork raising scene, but authorities say they expect pork prices to normalize within 4 months.

Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha ordered the Ministry of Commerce and the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives to quickly mend the problem of expensive pork. For the short term, delay of exportation will be implemented while wholesalers and retailers will be asked to keep from increasing pork prices. Sellers are also being asked to avoid setting excessive prices for pork. The prices are expected to normalize within 4 months.

Finance Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisith said the government is addressing the issue of expensive pork by halting pork exports, waiving fees and taxes on pork, promoting the cultivation of feed corn to replace imports, and providing special loans via the Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives for the purpose of increasing the robustness of the pork production system.

The Department of Livestock Development will be inviting representatives from relevant associations to provide their input on the matter on Friday (7 Jan). Findings will be submitted to the pork and pork products development committee, also known as the Pig Board.

nnt.jpg

Oh that'll work. 

Tell the wholesalers and retailers not to increase the price doesn't change the fact that the input costs are rising and controlling price at the retail end will result in even fewer pigs being bred, resulting in an even shorter supply and a greater price increase.

The laws of supply and demand are simple to comprehend - just think of gravity as being a social construct and jump off your condo balcony.  You'll suddenly understand both gravity and supply/demand in about 4 seconds.

22 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

Oh that'll work. 

Tell the wholesalers and retailers not to increase the price doesn't change the fact that the input costs are rising and controlling price at the retail end will result in even fewer pigs being bred, resulting in an even shorter supply and a greater price increase.

The laws of supply and demand are simple to comprehend - just think of gravity as being a social construct and jump off your condo balcony.  You'll suddenly understand both gravity and supply/demand in about 4 seconds.

Pork from the farm only went up 20bht (from 80 to 100bht/Kg)

It's profiteering from the middle men and retailers that are the problem (another 30bht/Kg).

Last week shopping at Makro , the price of their Aro brand , frozen

minced pork was 149 THb Kilo , that's the one I always buy, but decided

to go with another brand , it did not seem as fatty as the Makro brand

and was 110 thb Kilo,  and minced pork is minced pork , right,  NO , I

used half and half with beef mince to make a Bologna spaghetti.

I could not get the pork mince to break down, it was just big clumps,

and eating it was like eating rubber, God knows what part of the pig

they minced up  ears , noses , and @rseholes  come to mind , gave

the rest away to a friend for his dog.

regards Worgeordie

It's gammon knowledge these  swine are just bacon it up as they go along , Nothing to snort  a rasher man might cure these smokers who are high on the hog .

It's at time like a calm conservative approach like David Cameron might come in.

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Last week shopping at Makro , the price of their Aro brand , frozen

minced pork was 149 THb Kilo , that's the one I always buy, but decided

to go with another brand , it did not seem as fatty as the Makro brand

and was 110 thb Kilo,  and minced pork is minced pork , right,  NO , I

used half and half with beef mince to make a Bologna spaghetti.

I could not get the pork mince to break down, it was just big clumps,

and eating it was like eating rubber, God knows what part of the pig

they minced up  ears , noses , and @rseholes  come to mind , gave

the rest away to a friend for his dog.

regards Worgeordie

Whenever I cook pork I always boil it for up to an hour first otherwise it's too tough. If it's beef then I cook it for stew for 3-4 hours. The quality of many meats in Thailand is abysmal compared to what I've had anywhere else (UK, Spain, US). but the locals know no better and think Thai standard is normal. It is not.

• Like 1