Getting visa in Laos

My understanding is that from Thailand a one day quarantine at your hotel in Laos is required. (Thailand take note, please.) All requirements seem subject to change with almost no notice, thanks to Covid.

I used to go to Laos for renewals, but the last two in Samut Prakan immigration without too much hassle. It did require showing the baht 400,000 bank deposit, but the IO we asked said my SS statement and bank book showing 12 months of the minimum deposits in future should be fine. Of course the SS department has not sent my benefit letter this year, or it got lost.

Negotiating with Phillipines office to get that remedied.

Edited by Kwaibill

18 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

My understanding is that from Thailand a one day quarantine at your hotel in Laos is required. (Thailand take note, please.) All requirements seem subject to change with almost no notice, thanks to Covid.

Too bad, though, that they copied the Thailand health insurance requirement, so I take it that, if one wanted to go to Laos for a week, then 30 days to Thailand, one would need a 60-day health insurance policy (or longer, except if one could insure for 5-6 weeks). Another question is, if I insured in Thailand, will the 50,000US$ health insurance for entering Thailand also be accepted in Laos?

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

So what visa do have now ? If any.

Thinking OP likes the guessing game. 

As we all know covid extensions are still available and of course may be extended. 

It really assists in threads if comprehensive details of situation are given. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, nicelee808 said:

Was wondering if I could travel to Laos to apply for a non O visa and return to Thailand, not sure whether it's possible and what the travel restrictions and costs would be.

You can click Laos on the map here for into about entering Laos by air. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

Perhaps check the the Lao embassy in Bangkok for more info.

For returning to Thailand you will need a Thailand Pass and have to do a quarantine. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, nicelee808 said:

Was wondering if I could travel to Laos to apply for a non O visa and return to Thailand, not sure whether it's possible and what the travel restrictions and costs would be.

How did you last enter Thailand visa wise, visa exempt etc

Your non O that you wish to obtain would be based on....? 

The costs currently would be significant given need for quarantine etc etc. 

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, nicelee808 said:

From what I'm reading, Laos has now opened up to group tours booked with recognized tour companies. But you are only allowed to travel with the companies in designated green zone areas. So I guess you probably won't be able to enter Laos unless you have booked one of these tours. 

• Like 1

Places that recently opened up are now in process of closing back up and this is sufre to ocntinue for the immediate future at least as Omicron drives cases way up

Even if possible today I would not count on being able to do this tomorrow.

Also seems to me I heard something about Thai Embassy in Laos only issuing visas to people residing in Laos?

• Like 1