3 year overstay

2 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I was told of an English farang that got banned on being deported for overstay. On getting back to the UK he reported his passport lost/stolen obtained a new one and came back. I assume it's not true but...............?

A new pp won't cut it. 

Perhaps years ago may have.

I'm sure some posters will have colourful stories. 

Vague memory of border entries making it possible. 

Thinking that was the good old days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Important is that she goes to the airport on a few hours before her flight.

Then there is enough time that she pays and then she leaves.

Doesn't everyone still arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before anymore?   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

My question would be by turning up for a flight out is that considered surrendering (lower ban) or being caught/arrested (much higher ban)?

She will face same fine and same ban on returning regardless.

but if caught by immigration -- regardless of how that happens i.e. including her turning herself in at an Imm office -- prior to showing up at airport to fly out she will also be subject to being jailed.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

A new pp won't cut it. 

Yes, correct, new Passports won't cut it now, or for a long time.

Edited by Broken Record

I never ever had overstayed.Anyway some years ago my 2 kids had more then 1 year overstay.

But because the mother is thai we was just in a office at the airport and they fixed it in a short time.

NB..both kids age under 15 that time.

23 minutes ago, stigar said:

I never ever had overstayed.Anyway some years ago my 2 kids had more then 1 year overstay.

But because the mother is thai we was just in a office at the airport and they fixed it in a short time.

NB..both kids age under 15 that time.

The general rule is that children below 15 years old who overstayed in Thailand will not be collected with fine. And when you and the child booked to fly out of Thailand, upon exiting the country via airport, the kid just has to go up to the overstay counter but is exempted of paying the fine.

So to save hassle why not book them out on their Thai passport?

A: Always use the Thai passport to depart and re-enter Thailand. Use the western passport for travel to places where Thai's need visas to travel otherwise.

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

So to save hassle why not book them out on their Thai passport?

Ur rigth.Both kids have thai passports now.The other passport they just use if we go to other countries as u say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

A new pp won't cut it. 

It's been mentioned many times before, and it's no surprise that immigration in all countries have online automatic access to 'past history' records on everybody, which instantly reveal that the passport 'carrier' has had previous passports 'stolen' or have had passports issued in other names. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Caldera said:

It's considered surrendering, to airport immigration. Many have done that. It's the sane way to clear an overstay, not just because of the lower ban, but also because of skipping the IDC.

Makes sense if one has no intention to travel to Thailand again for a few years.

However, didn't she worry? My visa status is checked at hotels, apartment buildings, banks, etc. - How did she circumvent that for three full years?

Edited by StayinThailand2much