3 year overstay

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Perhaps she stayed in the same apartment/condo/house for years and had no need to show them her passport/visa (my condo JP saw my passport 12 years ago when I moved in and never since), Perhaps she didn't stay in hotels and used ATMs or she was slightly dodgy and did everything with cash?

... and banks, in particular, do not care about your immigration status when you are just do normal deposits and withdrawals. They only look at your passport's data page. It would be very difficult to open a new account when on overstay, however.

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I've been legit for the 16 years I've been here and I know how to get my extension off by heart. But that still doesn't stop the immigration officer trying to find fault with my application. He doesn't make money if you are legit. And I blame users of agents and payers of tea money for my woes.

You're suggesting that IOs will want to extort money from people presenting legitimate applications?    Which office has that happened at to you, personally?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, poohy said:
On 1/8/2022 at 9:33 AM, DrJack54 said:

Got first hand knowledge. 

Example? Nup.

Well actually 

German friend 5 years or there about overstay 

55555!     

So, as DrJack54 suggested, no 1st hand knowledge..."or thereabout", "I think", "I'm not sure""!   

It's always "a friend that I heard about"!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BritTim said:

... and banks, in particular, do not care about your immigration status when you are just do normal deposits and withdrawals. They only look at your passport's data page. It would be very difficult to open a new account when on overstay, however.

If a passport is presented to a bank they will usually check the visa/extension validity also, you may not see them do it but they do check. 

Some years ago, I was due to leave Thailand with a few days overstay and needed to make a passbook withdrawal from my account at a local branch shortly before I left.  I had to show my passport but, because of the expired extension, that branch would not permit the withdrawal.  

They check.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

55555!     

So, as DrJack54 suggested, no 1st hand knowledge..."or thereabout", "I think", "I'm not sure""!   

It's always "a friend that I heard about"!

Honest really  ...oh i sound like someone from Liverpool????

We paid for his flight 29350THB that i know i can show you a receipt of what i paid to Lufthansa

another friend  collected money for the immigration "tip"  that i was not involved in

All this is documented on Thaivisa about 18 months ago 

Anyway He is alive and well and certainly available for travel  we speak regularly on whatsapp

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Quite right.  People like this stupid person just makes it harder for the rest of us who do follow the rules.  Hopefully  she will get a 10 year bad. 

If she was a Laotian/Vietnamese/whatever woman who had spent an invisible 3 years as someones concubine (and is now getting bailed out by yet another "handsome prince") do you really think that the behaviour of her sort of "person" would have any sort of bearing upon the way that your sort of "us" get treated in Thailand?

Funny are the sort of stories that we can make up about "them", when we have absolutely no knowledge of their life circumstances/experience..........aren't they?

Not so funny is the blind, spiteful vindictiveness of those who, equally, have absolutely no knowledge of others life circumstances/experience.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, poohy said:

All this is documented on Thaivisa about 18 months ago 

Anyway He is alive and well and certainly available for travel  we speak regularly on whatsapp

"All this is documented on Thaivisa about 18 months ago" 

OK...must be true, then, if it was posted on Thaivisa!

"He is alive and well and certainly available for travel  we speak regularly on whatsapp"

55555!   Thanks for that vital information.  I talk to a friend of mine on WhatsApp also but no one here cares about that, or our Telegram and Line chats, either!

Edited by Liverpool Lou

2 hours ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

In what way actually? I follow the rules. Nobody makes that hard for me. No really, in what way?

Its obvious isn't it.  The 90 day reports come from the Thai Immigration wanting to know where we are at all times.  The TM30 same same.  It comes from years of overstays by morons.  I would have thought that link was obvious. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Enoon said:

If she was a Laotian/Vietnamese/whatever woman who had spent an invisible 3 years as someones concubine (and is now getting bailed out by yet another "handsome prince") do you really think that the behaviour of her sort of "person" would have any sort of bearing upon the way that your sort of "us" get treated in Thailand?

Funny are the sort of stories that we can make up about "them", when we have absolutely no knowledge of their life circumstances/experience..........aren't they?

Not so funny is the blind, spiteful vindictiveness of those who, equally, have absolutely no knowledge of others life circumstances/experience.

No idea what any of that post means 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If a passport is presented to a bank they will usually check the visa/extension validity also, you may not see them do it but they do check. 

Some years ago, I was due to leave Thailand with a few days overstay and needed to make a passbook withdrawal from my account at a local branch shortly before I left.  I had to show my passport but, because of the expired extension, that branch would not permit the withdrawal.  

They check.

Yes, I can guarantee that. I was on a slight overstay at the time and needed a new UK passport (it was full), as I was going to fly on to Vietnam and needed blank pages. My Thai debit card wasn't accepted by UK passport office and so I needed to make bank transfer to the UK. No bank would allow me make an international bank transfer as they all checked my visa status (slight overstay). Put me a difficult predicament and eventually a friend in the UK paid my new passport for me. Being on an overstay was just so much hassle.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/8/2022 at 6:59 AM, Lemsta69 said:

but it is a minor formality if you just get to the airport with a ticket out and 20k baht for the overstay fine. it's like everything else in Thailand, is only wrong if you get caught. 

And there was a time not too long ago that it was simply a formaility. You could turn up at the airport pay your fine, hop a return flight to a neighboring country and come back in the same day.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 9:15 AM, IvorBiggun2 said:

I was told of an English farang that got banned on being deported for overstay. On getting back to the UK he reported his passport lost/stolen obtained a new one and came back. I assume it's not true but...............?

Finger print scanners at immigration?

On 1/9/2022 at 3:24 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

They check.

Krungsri never ask to see my passport if I go into my own branch, others do even another branch in the same Mall

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, clivebaxter said:

Foreign the only time they asked for passport was for stopping the tax on interest

Sounds a bit concerning . 

Its a level of security to make sure no one else is withdrawing funds from your bank account .

I would change bank to a bank that takes security measures by making sure no one else is using your bank card by checking your PP

On 1/9/2022 at 3:29 PM, Enoon said:

I'm afraid 'blind, spiteful vindictiveness' is frequently  on display  on forums.  Its shocking. But I am so happy that in my real life I don't know such people who seem to revel in other peoples misfortune. I assume  they were bullied at school or beaten by their parents.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 2:55 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

So what?  She wasn't asking for your sympathy.

And wouldn’t have gotten any, had she asked for it. People like that should be sent to jail for a few days, heavily fines and deported.

• Sad 3

On 1/8/2022 at 5:31 PM, Anant72 said:

What prevented her from doing what (almost) everybody does and do her TM 47 every 90 days? After 3 years in Thailand, she should know the score. Now she has to face the music. Besides, don’t tell me she didn’t know about the consequences of flouting immigration rules. So, yes, no sympathy.

On 1/9/2022 at 2:55 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

So what?  She wasn't asking for your sympathy.

You play dumb quite well. Congratulations.

• Sad 3