Thai authorities searching for six European men who left Koh Chang after testing positive for Covid-19

webfact

3 hours ago, pseudorabies said:

And we are to presume that in the absence of similar media attention that the thousands streaming daily across the Myanmar, Malasia, Lao and Cambodia borders are all virus-free.  Regarding the virus the only problem posed to Thailand is from the Farang.  

..........who should  know  better....????

8 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Seems to me there must be some serious issues at the hotel when someone tests positive in keeping an eye on them after then. Did they check out ? Do a runner ? I would have thought with all the panic the hotel would have had armed guards stationed outside the room the minute a positive test came in. What's the time between positive and removal from hotel to quarantine hospital on a test and go , you'd think it immediate ?  there is more to this than the hotel is saying I think and the hotel could well be covering something up. Seems very odd people of three different nations would all do a runner at the same time - odds on they'll be found and say they were told they were negative and could go

Ur rigth.When i did my 15 days quarantene last year in BKK they had an alarm notified if my roomdoor stayed open for 2-3 minuts.The staff came rigth away to check and i was only that my door wasnt fully locked after i picked up my food ouside he room.

13 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I wonder when the test results came back.

I find it hard to believe that they were notified that they tested positive and then 'did a runner', this all sounds strangely familiar to another case that happened recently.

How long did the test results take to come back?

The report says tested positive. They should have been isolated and made to wait for the results of a second test. Also don't forget the RTP didn't find the Israeli themselves, they just went to collect him from the bar where he says he was. The odds of finding this bunch are 6x easier but I still wouldn't bet on it. With many of the embassies not working on the weekend it could be Monday before a "capture" is reported.

57 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I would say collecting 200 folks together in Europe, 72 hours after a negative test (or fake test), flying them 1/2 way around the world and still expecting zero to be infected, is the long odds.

Yes, but isn't that what the 24hr test & go {or not) "quarantine" on arrival was supposed to (inadequately as it appears) check for ?

1 minute ago, mancub said:

Yes, but isn't that what the 24hr test & go {or not) "quarantine" on arrival was supposed to (inadequately as it appears) check for ?

Well I suppose, but best they do not land on your shores positive..... been a bit of a problem that.

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Seems odd to me that there is a Test & Go hotel in Koh Chang?

Where was their test performed Bangkok, a PTT station in Chonburi, the pier, on the boat, on Koh Chang?

So they arrived at Suvarnabhumi, made their way via van/car, boat to an island - a journey which probably took what, eight plus hours.

They probably gave phone numbers all along the way, could some thai general simply ring their mobile and ask where they are?

So, I guess hotels aren't filing TM.30's <SHOCKER>.

I read about 10 days ago, around the time that omicron was still mostly another country's problem, that the radius for SHA accredited hotels handling test and go arrivals had been extended beyond Bangkok's 30 km radius and the usual beach resorts. As long as the hotel could provide dedicated meet and greet transport and a local hospital affiliation, they could accept test-and-go arrivals.

theyve gone to pattaya ,have you seen the pics and vids of walking street celebrations new years eve also the party on ko phangan thai friends of mine attended ,thousands of people crammed together not a mask in sight,its easily available footage,someone needs to ask questions about this and i f i was one of the 6 id file charges immediately against authorities for discrimination racism and graft.its insulting.these  racists need to be held accountable for their actions,a chance was missed when anutin was in switzerland ,someone should have filed against him there,hate crimes. bang hes gone.wakey wakey to the 21st century

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

And infecting every one there...

I think you will find that most in Pattaya have it or have had it - they will be adding very little to the numbers that can only be found through mass testing 

does anyone know if the figures published for Pattaya are PCR ATK or both - nope, hiding real numbers keeps the place open until 9pm because covid wakes up after that time 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well I suppose, but best they do not land on your shores positive..... been a bit of a problem that.

It's only really been a problem for those individuals. Subsequently testing positive after roaming legally and freely around the Kingdom then makes it everyone's issue .

Test & Go was always a gamble by all sides. 

Just now, mancub said:

It's only really been a problem for those individuals. Subsequently testing positive after roaming legally and freely around the Kingdom then makes it everyone's issue .

Test & Go was always a gamble by all sides. 

Nonsense.... a NZ/UK lady was having a Tik-Tok winge about it not long ago! Quite a few caught by a positive test and quarantine bill, who did not do a runner!

3 minutes ago, smedly said:

that is all well and good if the rules apply to "all" equally

in Pattaya Thais testing positive are told to go home (place of residence) and isolate - does the same apply to foreigners ???, no it doesn't

Don't expect a foreign tourist would have a home to go to... and a hotel room certainly isn't suitable for isolation. Apples to oranges.

4 minutes ago, smedly said:

that is all well and good if the rules apply to "all" equally

in Pattaya Thais testing positive are told to go home (place of residence) and isolate - does the same apply to foreigners ???, no it doesn't

Thats the reason why they open alot of hospitels.Money--money..money

• Thanks 1

Lots of info missing….we’re they all in the same party and traveling together? All part of the same test and go entry for koh Chang?

If not part of the same group, really question the reliability of testing? For all 6 to test positive from first test negative? 

2 things - need to be re-tested to prove reliability or some test corruption occurring which means an independent testing site source?

what’s the test probability if not part of a sane traveling together party?

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Nonsense.... a NZ/UK lady was having a Tik-Tok winge about it not long ago! Quite a few caught by a positive test and quarantine bill, who did not do a runner!

Don't see your point .

As I said it's a problem for those individuals, and not a nice one...but there's a far greater control if quarantine is in place to begin with.

3 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Exactly. How did all of them just sneak out of the hotel without anyone noticing? How did they just take the ferry without checks (or did they swim to the mainland)?

I take it  you have never been there.  Many of the hotels have standalone accommodation and it would be very easy to leave without checking out.

We were there last week and in a block of 4 rooms about a hundred yard from reception, we would have lost the 500 baht deposit but that may not bother some.

There were no checks for the ferry on the return journey, only going across.

What I can't understand is how people complained bitterly about the previous quarantine arrangements, I did "time" mid Oct, and now complain about how porous the T & G is, seems like complaining has become a way of life for some.

• Like 1