Support Walking Street

AwwYesNice1

10 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

They are all part of the high energy community  that is WS which is, or was the most fun  packed  pedestrian  zone in the world! I remember  drinking until 3am when the go gos  closed then on to beeps and squeaks club like Ibar..then at 5am  asking passing thais where to go next then after leaving the duck club at 7am onto a pool bar for the soft  morning  sunshine beers..and then motosai taxi home...But I found in my late 60s these excessive sessions slowed me down the next day...But what cracking fun!! Amazing Thailand.  Amazing  Pattaya Amazing Walking Street

My best nights on W S were sitting in Lucky Star bar #2 watching the passing parade and listening to AC DC played as it should be- very loud.

Later they must have been ordered to turn the volume down as the music died.

Happy days them, and long gone.

On 1/9/2022 at 6:22 AM, NanaSomchai said:

Phones and readily available access to cheap junk food are both things that have ruined the beer bar scene in my opinion.

Those pesky phones turned girls really lazy slugs, there would be no need to learn basic English to communicate anymore whereas they could rely on translating apps, thus leading into an English proficiency levels sharp decrease overall, alas granting them access to your Facebook profiles where they would stalk us back home (some of these girls are nuts), whereas they would be in touch on a daily basis with 10+ different mongers at once through either LiNE/WhatsApp/Facebook Messenger/Viber, etc.

The junk food did not help either; gone were the days of the slim petite looking girls.

Then most of these girls would eventually flood Thaifriendly and other "dating" sites turning them into you know what rendering the beer bar middle-man obsolete.

While it's hard to predict the future of Walking Street, I don't see beer bar complexes becoming a thing ever again. It's gone.

I agree  except outside drinking  seems appropriate  for covid times..they might make a comeback

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My best nights on W S were sitting in Lucky Star bar #2 watching the passing parade and listening to AC DC played as it should be- very loud.

Later they must have been ordered to turn the volume down as the music died.

Happy days them, and long gone.

Lucky star used to be great!

• Thanks 1

On 1/9/2022 at 1:38 PM, RichardColeman said:

Here's what will happen - Walking street will become just another promenade, and there'll be 50,000 chinese on a daily basis cluttering up Soi bukhao , Soi Lenkee and soi 6 to get their previous walking street girly experience !

That's been the rumour for 17 years! But it's soi Buakhao  and LKM

On 1/9/2022 at 8:54 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps not. It could be like Bugis St in Singapore that transitioned from a lady boy street to a street of restaurants.

If Hua Hin can be popular for over the water restaurants, why not Walking St?

The bars may go, but the internet is a mongers friend.

The destruction  of Bugis Street was even regretted  by the authoritarian, puritanical  government  which ruined it creating a characterless, anodyne plastic  Street.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Baccara, Happy, Sensations, Living Dolls, Living Dolls Showcase, Airport, Skyfall, Peppermint, Mandarin, Alcatraz.  Maybe some will reopen but they're all good for a decent night out.

Dollhouse, Electric  Blue, Beavers, great girls low Barkingside good fun nice staff good atmosphere

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think it was Mandarin, but they employed the most beautiful girl I ever saw- OUTSIDE. Inside was depressing, but she did her job of getting punters in the door.

Most of the gogos last time I visited Walking St. had awful music and it was far too loud. The glory days of gogos ended many years before covid appeared, IMO.

Correct. Only  about 5 out of the 70 gg bars were any good and there has been some truly dreadful music being pumped out

37 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Nope Sweethearts was famous for rock  music. The British  manager never played Eastern  European  music.

I don't recall who was was the manager at that time, bald Brit guy walked around a lot shaking hands. But I certainly recall the awful gruff stuff mixed in with the regular R&R.. Do you absolutely have to make an argument out of everything?  

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I don't recall who was was the manager at that time, bald Brit guy walked around a lot shaking hands. But I certainly recall the awful gruff stuff mixed in with the regular R&R.. Do you absolutely have to make an argument out of everything?  

No but actually I recognise the description of the manager. And remember going there to listen to RnR rather than the usual Techno drivel so I'm surprised  at him playing 'Eastern European'  music. Perhaps  your memory is playing tricks.  You are a bit confused about arguments, discourse and discussions on public forums. It's inevitable  that people might disagree but it takes two to argue as I'm sure you will agree. When you say Eastern European  music do you mean EDM/UDM or Balkans jazz and gypsy  music?

Edited by The Hammer2021

On 1/9/2022 at 11:23 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

They are all part of the high energy community  that is WS which is, or was the most fun  packed  pedestrian  zone in the world! I remember  drinking until 3am when the go gos  closed then on to beeps and squeaks club like Ibar..then at 5am  asking passing thais where to go next then after leaving the duck club at 7am onto a pool bar for the soft  morning  sunshine beers..and then motosai taxi home...But I found in my late 60s these excessive sessions slowed me down the next day...But what cracking fun!! Amazing Thailand.  Amazing  Pattaya Amazing Walking Street

I used to do it in CNX and when i saw the monks was time to call it a day---3 day sangsom recovery

12 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

No but actually I recognise the description of the manager. And remember going there to listen to RnR rather than the usual Techno drivel so I'm surprised  at him playing 'Eastern European'  music. Perhaps  your memory is playing tricks.  You are a bit confused about arguments, discourse and discussions on public forums. It's inevitable  that people might disagree but it takes two to argue as I'm sure you will agree. When you say Eastern European  music do you mean EDM/UDM or Balkans jazz and gypsy  music?

No, I am not confused... it always slightly irritated me as usually I had been enjoying the R&R and we got 3 or 4 tracks of this stuff, which was head ache inducing. It was some style of heavy metal but very rough with poor vocals.  I have no reason to imagine it, nor waste my time with your attitude. Not sure how much the manger guy controlled the music....wasn't there a DJ at the entrance? One of the few places I ran up a longer tab, so was usually in there a spell, beer and LDs being cheaper than other places on WS, and maybe an early doors happy hour on bottles. . 

Edited by jacko45k

On 1/10/2022 at 9:28 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

It's not. No red lights on Walking St. People that say Walking Street is a red light district IMO have no more idea of the reality other than what they read in red top newspapers.

It's an entertainment  zone and on a good night a héĺļ of a lot of fun. In terms of street theatre and people watching its  great fun. It's has a few rock  bars and a few modern dance clubs for Techno and hip hop. It has dozens of large restaurants  and loads of cheap food stalls serving the Issan  community so it's an excellent  place for local food. Street performers  include dancers, musicians, jugglers and magicians.  Some places overlook the sea and are great for sunset drinks and one of my favourite  places is the Mor Lam music bar opposite  the Underground club. Long live Walking Street!

On 1/9/2022 at 8:34 AM, Hummin said:

I don't see walking street as any special, why is it? And I doubt Walking street is well known out there in the world among people who never visited Pattaya.

Red light district In Amsterdam and  Reperbanen is well-known in the world, even for those who never visiting either the cities or any other interest in the country or P4P

like soho in london !!!

41 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It's an entertainment  zone and on a good night a héĺļ of a lot of fun. In terms of street theatre and people watching its  great fun. It's has a few rock  bars and a few modern dance clubs for Techno and hip hop. It has dozens of large restaurants  and loads of cheap food stalls serving the Issan  community so it's an excellent  place for local food. Street performers  include dancers, musicians, jugglers and magicians.  Some places overlook the sea and are great for sunset drinks and one of my favourite  places is the Mor Lam music bar opposite  the Underground club. Long live Walking Street!

The above description is of a pre covid Walking Street