Support Walking Street

AwwYesNice1

On 1/10/2022 at 9:57 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

The destruction  of Bugis Street was even regretted  by the authoritarian, puritanical  government  which ruined it creating a characterless, anodyne plastic  Street.

They regretted it when the sterile fun devoid island they created started to lose its appeal to tourists. I understand they tried to rectify the situation, but I've never been back to find out if they were successful.

The nights I spent in Bugis Street were mind blowing to a young lad from NZ. I never even knew what a lady boy was before I went there.

Every night was a blast though. Happy nights them.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I guess that to anyone that lives in fun devoid Chiang Mai Pattaya must seem like Sodom or Gommoroh, but I doubt it really was similar. In some ways it was quite tame.

I found so much action in Chiang Mai, I never needed to go to Pattaya.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They regretted it when the sterile fun devoid island they created started to lose its appeal to tourists. I understand they tried to rectify the situation, but I've never been back to find out if they were successful.

The nights I spent in Bugis Street were mind blowing to a young lad from NZ. I never even knew what a lady boy was before I went there.

Every night was a blast though. Happy nights them.

Sometime In the last 20 years the Singapore  government  started to try to recreate the Transvestite scene  recruiting  volunteers, actors and the like  but once authorities  have killed the energy  in any spontaneous scene it can NEVER be recreated...Goa, Chang Mai, Kabul,  London,  Kao San, Koh Samui or wherever.

Edited by The Hammer2021

49 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Sometime In the last 20 years the Singapore  government  started to try to recreate the Transvestite scene  recruiting  volunteers, actors and the like  but once authorities  have killed the energy  in any spontaneous scene it can NEVER be recreated...Goa, Chang Mai, Kabul,  London,  Kao San, Koh Samui or wherever.

Impossible to recreate with actors. Like Walking Street it was about sex, so unless the actors are prostitutes, it's gonna fail.

The difference with W S was that back in the 80s homosexuality was a crime, so guys would use hand signals and meet the katoey away from the street.

Best night I ever had there was when a certain British royal's ship was in port. Place was heaving with sailors. I looked for him but no luck.

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It's been a long long Thaime since CM offered  fun after 11pm. So when was this then?

You found fun before 11pm? How long ago was that?

Far as fun is concerned, Chiang Mai is the Dead Zone.

They didn't even put on a show for New Year.

Apparently China Town put on a parade for Chinese New Year, but it was so huge I blinked and missed it.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I found so much action in Chiang Mai, I never needed to go to Pattaya.

I too found lots of action in Chiang Mai, but it involved avoiding get run over by maniacs while riding the m'bike.

Nearest thing to fun I found in C M was a boring version of a soapy massage by a fat woman that was as much fun as being suspended above Thapae Gate by my nuts.

Typical C M- can't even get a soapy massage right.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

13 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It's been a long long Thaime since CM offered  fun after 11pm. So when was this then?

Pre covid---me and my bottle of sangsom and oh the places it took us......

Very odd to see good ole Spicy closed....(sheds a tear for the bargirls and ladyboys)

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 9:35 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

Covid has changed the game.  Girls from apps to your door.  Alcohol from 7/11.  Your balcony.  With the music you like.  It's bound to effect the revenue on the traditional business models here in the future, and means 11pm in places like CM is no longer relevant.  

• Like 1