Lightweight shoes for gym/beach

SanookCanuk

The sneakers/trainers that are used in schools, by scouts, and the military are long wearing and inexpensive.

They can be found for sale in markets and Army Navy stores. The colors are brown, black, and olive drab.

Excellent value for the money.

• Like 2

I, too, can recommend Sketchers shoes. I bought a pair about 4 months ago can wear them as smart, as walking on beach, pavements, etc. In fact I bought them in a Robinson's store with a sketchers department within. On that day, my wife was with me and we got a pair for her free (two pairs for one price). Mine were B2500 but with the free ones equal to B1250 each.

I consider these shoes to be the some of the best I have ever had, very comfortable, supportive and look stylish. And they are machine washable!

Is there a function you can use, within this forum, where you can basically suggest to the OP that he consults Google? Like a big G? Similar to the confused, sad, etc. ones. As in, do people on this forum really have any idea whatsoever which brand/model is better than that which has been recommended by countless people worldwide? I'd have to think maybe.....not

Another vote for Sketchers.  Recommended GoRun.  Supersports on line often have 70% off.  Also try the Sketchers outlet store in Amarin in Bangkok.

I also bought some Airwalk sneakers from Big C - they were very low cost, and 'buy one pair get one pair free' too.  I was pleasantly surprised at the light weight and quality looks good too.  Not for running, but ideal as dual purpose gym/casual, and ideal for travel as super light and they pack small.

• Thanks 1

The only shoes I can think of that will allow your feet to breathe (all enclosed shoes worn in LOS will make your feet sweat to some degree) are canvas ones e.g. Converse, Dunlop Volley. There are very light open meshed sports shoes on the market but all these have synthetic uppers and liners.

Wearing socks is actually helpful to wicking moisture away from the feet when sweating ... to not wear them won't decrease sweating and wetness.

I always wear pure cotton socks as this is less heat producing, and as an organic breathes well.

I'm sure you realise this, but you have to have a safe non-slip sole that has some lateral mild slip-factor so they don't catch too strongly and make you trip, and provide arch, heel support too. The level of support needed depends on the type of exercise you're doing.

Using something like a Croc or a reef/rock bootie isn't a safe bet for a gym shoe as the crocs does no hold the foot via laces and pressure form tightening these, and the reef/rock bootie style offers no arch, metatarsal, or achilles support and will over time lead to damage to the feet.

For walking on the flat sand of the beach I would recommend Crocs, or bare feet with flip flops pushed up your forearms when walking on the sand and retrieved when you want to leave the beach. Bare feet on the sand is good for working the muscles and tendons in the feet. Sand will also wear the dead skin off the feet if you walk on the sand regularly.

Edited by Tropposurfer
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, phetphet said:

Skechers do a wide range of both trainers and slip on walking shoes. They have a sale on at the moment and some good bargains. I recently bought a pair with 30% discount.

Very expensive and watch the sizes- they are US which are one size down from the UK ie US size 12=UK size 11

• Thanks 1