Thailand reports 7,926 new COVID-19 cases, 13 deaths, 3,612 recoveries

webfact

Mass vaccinations, tests, among measures to handle Omicron wave

Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health is rolling out four measures to cope with the new wave of COVID-19 infections, especially the Omicron variant, with an emphasis on slowing down the spread of the disease through mass vaccinations, the mass use of antigen tests and maximum self-protection by individuals and businesses, according to Public Health Permanent Secretary Dr. Kiattibhoom Vongrachit.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/mass-vaccinations-tests-among-measures-to-handle-omicron-wave/

Here in Finland they stop to put people in quarantine, capitol area make desition already. They not also test people who are not close contact to risk group people! Just too many infection's so they cant control that anymore anyway! Now just let it run throughout everybody!

Edited by 2 is 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

This Omi appears to be a blessing. It could be the beginning of the end. 

Indeed. How have we survived as a species? We overcome as we adapt.

The best vaccine out there is our natural immunity, release the kraken, let it mutate until the most prominent strain becomes nothing more than the nasty flu it is then let the herd immunity come into play.

Enough of the scaremongering and filling up Big Pharma's pockets.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

My wife got home last night after attending to her dads funeral after a period of sickness (old age). She did an ATK (nasal) before boarding the flight, negative, then one again on arriving home (saliva), positive. She is now isolating in the bedroom, no symptoms as yet, the bedroom has en suite facilities and is large so its not a huge inconvenience. No she has not reported it. 

We know of multiple people here in Phuket who have it and the school my daughter goes to although now back online they have informed us that even if they were onsite learning then a large proportion of the students would be off as they are positive.

Its rife here as it probably is now throughout all the major hubs of Thailand. The testing figures are an insult to everyone, no official published figures for a long time and a total disregard for letting people know the true extent of the spread.

And really don't care. let it spread and all the doom and gloom isn't going to happen.  How many people died today in Thailand?  How many do you think will die 30 days from now?  Some love the drama or are anxiety disadvantaged.

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

If you don't need to go out and have all you need then why wouldn't it be a great life.  Being concerned of ones health and the AQI causing  issues is something that does affect all. Like staying at your house, you have a yard, you have a pool, and if you have a family is there a need to go out and run around?

Yes, give your family a break from dealing with you.  Thank Buddha, my parents let us take risks and live life to its fullest.  There is a big world outside of your delusional home.

• Confused 2

46 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

The best vaccine out there is our natural immunity, release the kraken, let it mutate until the most prominent strain becomes nothing more than the nasty flu it is then let the herd immunity come into play.

Tell that rant to your heroes.

They have some of the tightest restrictions in the UK.

Virtue signaling and stirring the pot on a weekly basis, with contradictory and baseless restrictions.

As for your "filling the pockets of big pharma", take a look at the latest data regarding unvaccinated vs vaccinated in critical care.

No doubt the vaccinated had their arms filled with the vaccines of "big pharma".

Just in case your visiting from a different solar system, the non profit making vaccine was the UK's AZ-Oxford vaccine.

That's UK as in United Kingdom.

Wonder what the 5 million dead worldwide figure would have been if we had of had a giant global covid "natural immunity" party with the delta variant.

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit
  • Like 2

I was totally in favor of mandatory mask wearing. But two years of this now. I am fully vaccinated and not really worried about my health if I was to get infected, especially with Omicron. I still wear a mask everytime I go outside, but I am seriously tired of it. I am probably getting other health problems from opting to stay home as much as possible because of the annoying mask and not getting regular exercise because it’s way too hot to wear the mask and take a nice walk.    People who are unvaccinated by choice or not should be taking the precautions IMHO. I would honestly rather have COVID than to wear a mask for over two years and no end in sight. 

1 hour ago, keysersoze276 said:

I was totally in favor of mandatory mask wearing. But two years of this now. I am fully vaccinated and not really worried about my health if I was to get infected, especially with Omicron. I still wear a mask everytime I go outside, but I am seriously tired of it. I am probably getting other health problems from opting to stay home as much as possible because of the annoying mask and not getting regular exercise because it’s way too hot to wear the mask and take a nice walk.    People who are unvaccinated by choice or not should be taking the precautions IMHO. I would honestly rather have COVID than to wear a mask for over two years and no end in sight. 

Feel sympathy for those who cannot have a vaccine for medical reasons but they should get an exemption from passes etc. Those who choose not to are the ones clogging up hospitals in general now. Solution, at least in UK, you get I'll, you pay. Brutal but MHO, if they have to pay they can go into private hospital and free up NHS. Bit different scenario in Thailand but the lack of boosters and good courses of 'western' vaccine could be a problem. Like you say, if you choose to not have vaccine be it on yourself to look after yourself.

5 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

In the beginning of the pandemic this was false, in that what price would we pay for this immunity?

Right now it is true.  Besides, you aren't stopping omicron anyways so it's best to get used to the fact that we are all going to be at least exposed to it.  

• Like 1

COVID-19: Thailand reports 7,133 new coronavirus cases, 12 deaths, 3,306 recoveries

COV11.jpg

File photo credit: Freepik

Thailand on Tuesday (January 11) reported 7,133 new COVID-19 cases, 3,306 recoveries and 12 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1246274-covid-19-thailand-reports-7133-new-coronavirus-cases-12-deaths-3306-recoveries/

//CLOSED//

/Admin