Any test or vax evidence needed currently for a domestic flight?

We're flying to Khon Kaen this evening, last minute decision. I've had AZ here in June, and Pfizer in July and in August in US. Have evidence. She has only had a shot of AZ in November. Will either of us be required to show a test result from today, or vax documentation? And what about when trying to fly back to BKK in a few days? Thanks!

• Haha 1

ThaiSmile Air still links to a list of requirements not updated since October.

This would require proof of vaccination.

Vaccinated people were never required to present a test.

But as written from experience there was nothing.

Before exiting KKC airport your ID/passport are electronically scanned. Whatever purpose it serves.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, statman78 said:

Going back to Chiang Rai this coming Sunday and I will need to show proof of vaccination when I check in with ThaiSmile

I remember from reports that Chiang Rai was always extra cautious/demanding.

• Like 1

A bit offtopic.

Quite absurd: just read that entry to Phuket by land/car will need proof of vax or test.

And police boss insists that it is strictly controlled.

All I had to do for flying was ticking a box at internet checkin.

• Like 2

I dont think at anytime there was a problem flying from Khon Kaen to Bkk. It was flying from Bkk to KK and being admitted, as Bkk was a dark red zone and KK red zone. I believe they have a new set of coloring pencils now. Best to check with the carrier I would suggest

18 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

This is a late reply but may be helpful to others. Answer is Yes traveling FROM BKK, based on the chart below. Also flew ThaiSmile yesterday BKK-UTH and when checking in BKK had to provide Vax Certificate and before exiting airport UTH had to show again...get "Exit Ticket" and give to guard at the exit. Otherwise Travel TO BKK seems normal, nothing need be shown.

2023423796_AW1ENupdate21OCT21_table_1Sep

That list of absurdly named province-specific "registration" sites is really ridiculous - "watch out", "save", "hug", "win"...and I'm sure each one has a big furry mascot to go with it...

1 minute ago, smccolley said:

returning they did not ask.

This may have been added to your PNR when checking in for the outbound segment, and was not requested for the return segment as it was already noted. Just a guess.

I think the OP may have already flown BKK-KKC (last evening)?

12 minutes ago, smccolley said:

When I flew from BKK (DM) to Phitsakulok just before New Years they asked to see our Vaccination record from the app for all 4 of us, returning they did not ask.

7 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

This may have been added to your PNR when checking in for the outbound segment, and was not requested for the return segment as it was already noted. Just a guess.

I think the OP may have already flown BKK-KKC (last evening)?

The ThaiSmile chart provided just a few posts up states...travel TO Bangkok is As Usual with a bit of fine print in red. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I remember from reports that Chiang Rai was always extra cautious/demanding.

They are a little better now.  A couple of months ago I needed to show proof of vaccination upon arrival along with filling out a form on line.  Now since Thai Smile checks for vaccination when I check in I only need to fill in the on line form.  They also simplified that.  There are drop down boxes for some of the questions but the options were all in Thai.  The last few months the drop down boxes also have options in English.  I fill out the form while waiting for my flight, submit it, and immediately receive a QR code.  When I get to Chiang Rai I just need to show the QR code when leaving the baggage claim area.

I have flown Bangkok Airways, backwards and forwards from Samui to Bangkok several times in the last three months. Every time at Suvarnabhumi, my name has been called at the departure gate and I have been asked to show proof of vaccination.

i just show them the certificate in the Mor Prom app on my phone, and it's all smiles and thank you.

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Every time at Suvarnabhumi, my name has been called at the departure gate and I have been asked to show proof of vaccination.

That is what I expected for Phuket too. Entering a sandbox. But nothing.

OP here. Yes we flew Thai Smile Monday evening. At check in the clerk liked my CDC 2 jab Pfizer card. She was friendly but got into a conversation with my tif about why she was flying with only one jab (of AZ back in November) almost two months ago. Even looked up something on her phone in the process. GF explained she had an appointment for Tuesday 11th for a second jab, but could only get AZ at Bang Su this week, so the whole point of this flight was to go to her home area of Khon Kaen to get a Pfizer. I think (it was in Thai) the clerk's point was that she should have had a second jab already last month, but accepted the explanation and gave her the boarding pass, commenting that she should get a shot ASAP.

And indeed today the 11th the tif got a Pfizer in Khon Kaen. And now I'm meeting the members of the clan I haven't met before.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...