Meal delivery Bangkok

eboy

Grab, Foodpanda & https://paleorobbie.com/

Robbie is very good to also schedule an entire week upfront and set specific times and instructions, this way you do not have to be home or order daily and wait on drivers who can't find you. Aside of that it is the highest quality food available.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

Not as varied as Grab or FoodPanda or Robinhood, but there's also www.1112delivery.com for Pizza Company, Bon Chon, S&P, Coffee Club, Burger King, Sizzler... depends on how far you are from their nearest shop. They seem to keep adding more restaurants.

Admittedly, Grab is often more reliable and usually cheaper.

40 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Call any taxi, and ask them to pick up your food at your place of choice. Pay´N Happy!

Perhaps you can give him the number of ‘any taxi’.... and then identify how nearby ‘any taxi’ is...

And then of course communicate in Thai to ‘any taxi’ where to collect the food.... 

Or... use an App designed specifically for that.... i.e. GRAB or LINE Man.... Food Panda.... RobinHood !!!! 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Grab is only in Thai language, useless for me. Foodpanda is fine, also Lazypanda for authentic US-style Chinese food in the proper wax cartons, looks not cheap but portions are definitely for 2-3 persons. 

Not to argue, but to point out that GRAB can be navigated in English.....  

As you mention, FoodPanda is probably the simplest to navigate for someone new to Thailand and online food delivery options. 

With Grab:  A lot of the restaurants have a menu in English and Thai... a few only have Thai Menu without any English but can be navigated by photo... etc but the base ‘language’ remains in English if English is set as your primary language. 

See screen shots below... 

1494059767_Screenshot2022-01-12at12_25_34.png.a39e9722d894f461d1471684f2a4a923.png

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not to argue, but to point out that GRAB can be navigated in English.....  

As you mention, FoodPanda is probably the simplest to navigate for someone new to Thailand and online food delivery options. 

With Grab:  A lot of the restaurants have a menu in English and Thai... a few only have Thai Menu without any English but can be navigated by photo... etc but the base ‘language’ remains in English if English is set as your primary language. 

See screen shots below... 

1494059767_Screenshot2022-01-12at12_25_34.png.a39e9722d894f461d1471684f2a4a923.png

Of course we won't argue. But too many of the restaurants I'm interested in (not burger joints) only have Thai menus, with Thai options which can't be navigated. Also the text can't be copied and pasted into a translation app. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Perhaps you can give him the number of ‘any taxi’.... and then identify how nearby ‘any taxi’ is...

And then of course communicate in Thai to ‘any taxi’ where to collect the food.... 

Or... use an App designed specifically for that.... i.e. GRAB or LINE Man.... Food Panda.... RobinHood !!!! 

Sorry! Choosing to live in Thailand without speaking Thai is not an option in my book. I like to understand what people say where I live.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gottfrid said:
11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Expand  

Sorry! Choosing to live in Thailand without speaking Thai is not an option in my book. I like to understand what people say where I live.

Are you for real ????....... 

The Op is asking about food options and you are replying from the perspective of being a fluent Thai speaker.... 

Its a disappointing you couldn’t also a reply from the prospected proving something of relevance. 

No one phones up a random taxi to go and pick up their food !!!....   Not even you with your linguistic prowess... how could you possibly know which taxi is near your food vendor ???....  The idea is utterly preposterous. 

Note: Call ‘any taxi’ !!!!     Hilarious.... !!! ????

12 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Call any taxi, and ask them to pick up your food at your place of choice. Pay´N Happy!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Speedhump said:

Of course we won't argue. But too many of the restaurants I'm interested in (not burger joints) only have Thai menus, with Thai options which can't be navigated. Also the text can't be copied and pasted into a translation app. 

Google Lens 

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Are you for real ????....... 

The Op is asking about food options and you are replying from the perspective of being a fluent Thai speaker.... 

Its a disappointing you couldn’t also a reply from the prospected proving something of relevance. 

No one phones up a random taxi to go and pick up their food !!!....   Not even you with your linguistic prowess... how could you possibly know which taxi is near your food vendor ???....  The idea is utterly preposterous. 

Note: Call ‘any taxi’ !!!!     Hilarious.... !!! ????

Good for you that you are amused. That one´s for free. How do you know what I do and do not do?

What is hilarious, is that you are mentioning that it would be any special with me being a fluent Thai speaker (and writer, actually). That´s really hilarious! How would you feel to live in your home country and not know that language? Because, that´s what it is. Most people here are expats, which means they have changed their home country. Disregarding that fact is showing very low respect, not only to yourself but to the people in the country you chose to reside in.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Speedhump said:

So learn to read a Thai menu.

It isn't that hard, less than 100 words to learn.

Edited by BritManToo

When we did our 7 day quarantine in Bangkok last may we ordered delivery every day. Even though the Hotel food was Ok, we normally live in Khon Kaen that IMO it is an ethic food desert. I don't particular like Bangkok having been there a hundred times (been there done that) but I have to admit the food choices in BKK are the best,  So take advantage. and ???? 

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Good for you that you are amused. That one´s for free. How do you know what I do and do not do?

What is hilarious, is that you are mentioning that it would be any special with me being a fluent Thai speaker (and writer, actually). That´s really hilarious! How would you feel to live in your home country and not know that language? Because, that´s what it is. Most people here are expats, which means they have changed their home country. Disregarding that fact is showing very low respect, not only to yourself but to the people in the country you chose to reside in.

I think in your eagerness to highlight you can read and write Thai you’ve missed the idea of the utter silliness in your comment that the Op can call up ‘any taxi’ and expect them to go and collect food for him. 

Thai people do not phone up ‘any taxi’ (random taxi’s) to collect food for them...  The whole idea is preposterous. 

Either you have communicated what you actually meant very poorly, or you are just stubbornly stuck in a really silly point....

- who calls up a taxi to collect food for them ???? especially when new to a country (as per the Op)... 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Speedhump said:

I've been using grab and food panda, for any Thai translations you can screenshot the screen and use the google translate app to translate if you need.

I like food panda but grab is significantly cheaper (they have pretty good deals/coupon codes/flash deals, almost 50% off in most cases)

To the OP

Grab and Foodpanda is all I've used,

Pros / cons

Food panda - Better customer service, better navigation, better delivery for groceries with panda mart (in my opinion)

Grab - Customer service is not as good, cheaper price (with their coupon codes), navigation is horrible (i.e searching for groceries) 

1 hour ago, Speedhump said:

It's completely unintuitive. I don't see how to open the app on my phone and read an online Grab restaurant page on the same phone. 

Here you go Speedhump......   this may help... 

But... if it really is a struggle, just go with foodpanda....    Some interfaces are very chaotic, Grab is fairly intuitive...

823360554_Screenshot2022-01-13at13_22_00.png.5182c754d587a151f9c427477dc25d04.png

• Confused 1

I've used both Foodpanda and Grab in Bangkok. And as a non-TH reader, I prefer Foodpanda.

I like being able to deal entirely in English with FP without having to mess with any translation most of the time. I also like that FP has a PC webpage interface for ordering that app-only Grab doesn't have.

And, when I've compared the menu prices for the same restaurants that I like to order from regularly, Grab most of the time seems to have higher prices on an item to item basis.

FP also has, once you have an account with them, on ongoing series of promotional codes and discounts available that sometimes can be used for any order, and other times are specific to individual restaurants. And those are pretty clearly labeled on their website and apps.

2 hours ago, Speedhump said:

It's completely unintuitive. I don't see how to open the app on my phone and read an online Grab restaurant page on the same phone. 

Here's me reading Thai script on laptop screen via phone / G Lens

Laptop set for auto translate, so rarely use if ordering food delivery.  Use at restaurant, if visiting first time, then simply remember the menu, and ask for familiar items with any following visits.

Edited by KhunLA

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Here's me reading Thai script on laptop screen via phone / G Lens

As far as I recall, unlike FoodPanda, there's no restaurant food ordering via the Grab website. I believe you can only do that via their app.

Thus, in your example, I don't know how you can use the Google Lens feature on  your phone to translate something that's in an app on that same phone's display screen.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

On 1/12/2022 at 5:48 AM, Speedhump said:

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thus, in your example, I don't know how you can use the Google Lens feature on  your phone to translate something that's in an app on that same phone's display screen.

I use the app Tap To Translate Screen to translate "real time" without having to cut and paste or take a screenshot.  It runs on top of Grab or whichever app you're wanting to translate.

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

As far as I recall, unlike FoodPanda, there's no restaurant food ordering via the Grab website. I believe you can only do that via their app.

Not that I order much for delivery, but there's 4 phones between me & wife, 2 more if the kid is with us.  Think we can manage.  Actually, don't think I've ever ordered off their phone apps, but from my laptop.  I rarely use my phones for anything but GPS & camera.

And you can order for both Panda & Grab off laptop.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Here you go Speedhump......   this may help... 

But... if it really is a struggle, just go with foodpanda....    Some interfaces are very chaotic, Grab is fairly intuitive...

823360554_Screenshot2022-01-13at13_22_00.png.5182c754d587a151f9c427477dc25d04.png

Thanks. Yes, that's the problem. The items very often aren't translated. And the options (extras, cutlery, etc) , aren't either. 

• Like 2