How to take money out of Thailand?

6 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

remaining long term expats here are stuck, they are not choosing to stay, they are prisoners, all they can do is find "justification" for staying

today, there is no justification to stay as a long term expat in Thailand

you are lying to yourself if you think you are needed here,

Nobody I know is stuck here nor are they needed here.  The real issue is how to leave temporarily and get back in again easily.

I sense that you are trapped here with no friends, family or money in your home country. I do hope you have not recreated the same situation here..lol

14 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

the banks will not pay 2EUR per currency transaction, they do their own currency crossing internally, so that's irrelevant, they are not customers, they are wholesalers, and most major banks are market makers for currencies.

The spread will depend on their inventory average to create a "Daily" price they call sell for "retail", that is more stable than the actual "live" price on a trading floor. If you want the "live" price, you need to open a currency trading account.

Just check the IB website. Have you ever traded at IB? I think not... IB is providing access to the interbank market rate not crossing internally. Some banks are even doing their whole equity and FX trading via Interactive Brokers. IB does not trade against the customer as it is not one of the lousy currency brokers you find in the hundreds.

4 hours ago, stat said:

Just check the IB website. Have you ever traded at IB? I think not... IB is providing access to the interbank market rate not crossing internally. Some banks are even doing their whole equity and FX trading via Interactive Brokers. IB does not trade against the customer as it is not one of the lousy currency brokers you find in the hundreds.

I do trade with IB and obviously you have no idea how brokers and custodian works,

IB gives you access to FX exchanges, that's not the interbank rate, pricing is fluid and "live"

most banks have their own equity and FX trading desk, IB is a global broker, some asset managements firms, not banks, might use IB and other brokers as agents of trade, but that's not the same thing.

IB use internal crossing, that's not trading against the customers, all brokers do it since the age of time, and it's nicely regulated too.

16 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Nobody I know is stuck here nor are they needed here.  The real issue is how to leave temporarily and get back in again easily.

I sense that you are trapped here with no friends, family or money in your home country. I do hope you have not recreated the same situation here..lol

I think you are projecting your personal story here ????

resilient expats stuck in Thailand have usually burn all their bridges back home, because who in his right mind would want to stay here in Thailand if they had better options outside? ????