Recommendation for agent for Covid Extension Bangkok

18 minutes ago, mar zarych said:

Can anyone tell me the difference between a Visa on Arrival and a 30 day tourist visa ? 

A visa no arrival is only for 15 days after applying for it and paying a fee of 2000 baht for it if from one of the 18 countries that qualify for it.

There is no 30 day tourist visa. If from a a country that qualifies for one you would get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

22 minutes ago, mar zarych said:

Can anyone tell me the difference between a Visa on Arrival and a 30 day tourist visa ? 

The 30 "tourist visa" you refer to is visa exempt entry that gives you 30 day permit. Not all countries are able to obtain visa exempt entry.

Some folk need to obtain "Visa in arrival"

Tourist Visa is a visa that gives you 60 day permit.

Which country are you from? 

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A visa no arrival is only for 15 days after applying for it and paying a fee of 2000 baht for it if from one of the 18 countries that qualify for it.

There is no 30 day tourist visa. If from a a country that qualifies for one you would get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

While not relevant to the person who asked the question, there is one small wrinkle that modifies the generally correct explanation above. Those from some countries that are eligible for neither a visa-on-arrival nor a visa exempt entry obviously must apply for a tourist visa in advance, but they also only receive a 30-day entry on arrival in Thailand. Thus, technically, a 30-day-tourist-visa is a real thing, albeit not what everyone on here referring to one actually means. As I recall, this only applies to nationals of some African countries.

Edited by BritTim
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BritTim said:

, but they also only receive a 30-day entry on arrival in Thailand. Thus, technically, a 30-day-tourist-visa is a real thing, albeit not what everyone on here referring to one actually means

Thanks. Never was aware of that.

Can they obtain 30 day extension. Assume possible. 

Edited by DrJack54

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks. Never was aware of that.

Can they obtain 30 day extension. Assume possible. 

I do not know the answer to that. I remember being very surprised myself that some receive only 30 days on a tourist visa, something that seems little known. Indeed, I remember asking if it was just a transit visa instead.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

I had it down as just a bit of theater. She was berating a Russian couple when I was there in November for not sharing the Sputnik vaccine with Thailand  

Not sure if your serious but the thing is we are all different.

Couple of folks I've been helping with covid extensions at CW have been bit shaken up by their treatment.

Demanding outbound flight and over the top statements..

The classic being "this is your LAST ONE"

Who are these clerks. Do your job.

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Not sure if your serious but the thing is we are all different.

Couple of folks I've been helping with covid extensions at CW have been bit shaken up by their treatment.

Demanding outbound flight and over the top statements..

The classic being "this is your LAST ONE"

Who are these clerks. Do your job.

Yes I’m being serious. The lady in question is always shouting at someone for some reason, but nobody is denied their extension. 
I just think of her as a “local character”

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

I just think of her as a “local character

Think I've been blessed. My 10 years with CW have found the immigration officers so nice. 

Helpful and from me 5 star, especially considering the repetitive nature of the job.

Your being extremely kind using term "local character" for the bombastic io that you describe.

Some folk are very nervous when dealing with immigration.

I know that I would not go well dealing with the woman you describe. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Think I've been blessed. My 10 years with CW have found the immigration officers so nice. 

Helpful and from me 5 star, especially considering the repetitive nature of the job.

Your being extremely kind using term "local character" for the bombastic io that you describe.

Some folk are very nervous when dealing with immigration.

I know that I would not go well dealing with the woman you describe. 

Luck of the draw means she’s never been the one handling my paperwork. Yes most everyone else there is nice and polite 

Edited by FridgeMagnet1