Whey Protein & Creatine Price Increase.

huangnon

Due to various global factors, the price you pay for whey and creatine supplements has increased significantly, with more price hikes likely in the coming months.

Retailers were forced to implement a 35% price adjustment across all whey-based products in December 2021 as supply pressures and higher demand filtered through to store level.

Link: Price Hikes

If you use these supplements for weight training or fitness, you'll have noticed big price hikes from late last year, due to Covid-related supply chain problems. ????

Do you have any recommendations for quality brands that are still reasonably priced?

There may be other supplement types that are similarly hit. Please add any info.

I see the price hike but its not huge (not the 35% your talking about)

But for whey its more of a problem then creatine as creatine is cheap and you dont need that much. To be honest havent used creatine for a while.

Perhaps buying in bulk with friends, there was a shop that sold like 20lbs bags at a discount.

Just curious how much whey do you use ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, robblok said:

I see the price hike but its not huge (not the 35% your talking about)

But for whey its more of a problem then creatine as creatine is cheap and you dont need that much. To be honest havent used creatine for a while.

Perhaps buying in bulk with friends, there was a shop that sold like 20lbs bags at a discount.

Just curious how much whey do you use ?

Whey protein has increased a little (around 10-15%), but creatine powder has actually doubled in price since the end of last year. (There are cheaper brands, but I suspect they use fillers).

I don't use all that much whey, tbh. Around 1-1/2 scoops after weights / 4 times a week.

22 hours ago, huangnon said:

Whey protein has increased a little (around 10-15%), but creatine powder has actually doubled in price since the end of last year. (There are cheaper brands, but I suspect they use fillers).

I don't use all that much whey, tbh. Around 1-1/2 scoops after weights / 4 times a week.

If you want creatine i got a kg of it still sealed in from BAM. I just don't use it anymore as i can't / don't want to gain any more muscle. Im not sure what the prices are now or where you are but im willing to sell (not sure if it makes sense with shipping).

Havent really used creatine for a while as i am mainly trying to cut and creatine just messes with the scales (i know should ignore it) but as an slightly OCD person I cant. But if in BKK areau and interested can even pick it up.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 8:43 AM, robblok said:

If you want creatine i got a kg of it still sealed in from BAM. I just don't use it anymore as i can't / don't want to gain any more muscle. Im not sure what the prices are now or where you are but im willing to sell (not sure if it makes sense with shipping).

Havent really used creatine for a while as i am mainly trying to cut and creatine just messes with the scales (i know should ignore it) but as an slightly OCD person I cant. But if in BKK areau and interested can even pick it up.

If I was in Bangkok, I'd take you up on your offer. Much appreciated. ????

I just ordered some creatine last week before I started the thread, and was miffed at the price hike, tbh.

6 minutes ago, huangnon said:

If I was in Bangkok, I'd take you up on your offer. Much appreciated. ????

I just ordered some creatine last week before I started the thread, and was miffed at the price hike, tbh.

Its not that i needed the money but just have a kg sitting around never opened. I am probably not going to take it anymore. I know it works but as im in a cut it would make me gain weight (i know just water) but it would throw me off. 

Plus its not as if i can gain muscle on a cut or even want to gain more muscle. So not using it anymore. I do use more protein now as high protein conserves muscle and helps with weight loss.

I normally made it with milk but as im in a cut its now water based ???? but ok cant be helped