Do you ever feel really accepted as an expat in Thailand?

webfact

On 1/13/2022 at 4:27 AM, Taboo2 said:

Agree...I love how the Thais protect their country and culture.  You will never see what happened to Sweden (when they imported those folks from another part of the world),

i can only speculate why you are writing on a site dedicated to expats. why are you not talking about germany, for instance who "imported -more -of those folks from another part of the  world - than sweden-"? you love how thais protect their country and culture, yet they are a lot of non-thais living in thailand and more tourists visit thailand than your sweden. i do hope you don't live in thailand.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 3:11 PM, Pravda said:

I feel like 100% local especially when I write 555 after cracking my own joke or ting tong Farang when arguing about wanna be expat poster who obviously didn't integrate.

You think a farang can ever really integrate? I would disagree. We might live in Thailand, even speak and read Thai, wai everyone and give them lotascash, but IMO we will always be "visiting".

13 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

i can only speculate why you are writing on a site dedicated to expats. why are you not talking about germany, for instance who "imported -more -of those folks from another part of the  world - than sweden-"? you love how thais protect their country and culture, yet they are a lot of non-thais living in thailand and more tourists visit thailand than your sweden. i do hope you don't live in thailand.

IMO no matter how many non Thais live there they will never impact Thai society in the way that countries like Germany have been by those from an alien culture that were allowed in by the thousands.

That's IMO because Thailand ensures that visitors understand that they are "aliens", and not part of society, and get no say in how things are run.