Thailand Pass people not recognizing Janssen vaccine.

Heads up. Some guy reviewing Thailand Pass applications is now an infectious disease expert. Because even though the application clearly states that “only the first dose is required in case [sic] of Janssen vaccine” the medical genius employed by the Thai consulate rejected my application “due to Please upload the certificate of your 2nd dose of vaccination”.

I guess Thailand doesn’t need another vaccinated tourist putting thousands into their economy.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, darkobeli said:

For that reason I was already planning to do the application as not vaccinated,just to avoid this kind of nonsense. even I'm vaccinated with one dose Janssen.3 days more in AQ hurts less compared with being stuck in getting the Thai pass. 

3 days more ???

Its 7 days in ASQ / AQ unable to leave the room vs 7 days in an SHA Plus+ hotel Phuket and can use hotel facilities and roam the island at your will....   Sandbox is also cheaper. 

From your perspective you could apply with a Plan A and Plan B option. 

Plan A - apply for Thailand Pass Sandbox Option (submitting all documentation including Vaccine Cert).

Plan B - apply for Thailand Pass Alternate Quarantine Option (using refundable hotel bookings etc).

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

3 days more ???

Its 7 days in ASQ / AQ unable to leave the room vs 7 days in an SHA Plus+ hotel Phuket and can use hotel facilities and roam the island at your will....   Sandbox is also cheaper. 

From your perspective you could apply with a Plan A and Plan B option. 

Plan A - apply for Thailand Pass Sandbox Option (submitting all documentation including Vaccine Cert).

Plan B - apply for Thailand Pass Alternate Quarantine Option (using refundable hotel bookings etc).

Thank you Richard for your advice, I'm fully aware of the situation.

I meant 3 day more compared with fully vaccinated vs not vaccinated,for AQ.

My Janssen shot was on  March 15th 2021,so I'm afraid that by the time I get to Thailand it won't be useful anymore as I'm not planning to get vaccinated with a booster shot.

I been stuck with the Visa issuance for the past two months and I don't have anymore patience of jumping another hoop.

What a nightmare, two months to obtain a visa,could you believe. 

Edited by darkobeli

This used to work. When I applied for the Test & Go in the beginning of November for my wife and daughter, their Thailand Passes were accepted with only one dose of the Janssen vaccine. I guess they decided to "fix" things.