New car time! This time - the 19 year old son

pedro01

4 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

ignore

Obesity in teens/twenties is nothing to be ignored. All members of the family should be aware of it, it's causes and dangers, then work towards curing it together through good parenting. 

Edited by JeffersLos
  • Thanks 1

BTW - for all those worried about my poor (now 20) year old son and how he's been "wraised wrong"

'Ave a look and listen: https://www.instagram.com/p/CervWzfDjen/

This was when he was 18. To get to where he is on drums, piano, production - took 1000's of hours.

Wasn't flipping burgers for a cheap banger - but then he knows something a burger flipper doesn't - what it takes to get good at something. 

I felt that lesson was way better than "buy your own car, fattie".

Edited by pedro01
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Cringe!

So this thread is basically for feeding your ego about how successful and entitled your son is thanks to you? Will you be buying him a speedboat and house next?

Great job!  

In a word - nope.

But I will pass on your compliments to him, all be they unsolicited. 

55 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

And others.

The 3 month old videos only have 12 views. ????

aahhhh - that smoking gun. 

That's odd 'cause I just googled the song name and posted the results. The "Benie Brown - Topic" is not his channel, no idea whose it is to be honest. 

Maybe a stalker. Maybe it's you. Not getting many views are you?

On 1/14/2022 at 6:25 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, but then there advantages of a big car.

My first car was big and old (and not powerful). I learned to get around all those tight corners and parking.

And after that every other car was like a toy. Much easier to navigate.

Same here. Why all my mates were getting their Triumph Dolomite Sprint, Cortina 1600E, Datsun 240Z and other zippy pussy magnets, I was happy with my stately Vauxhall VX4/90. It had a column shift and a bench front seat. The girlies loved it. They could lie down in the back seat too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

59 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Same here. Why all my mates were getting their Triumph Dolomite Sprint, Cortina 1600E, Datsun 240Z and other zippy pussy magnets, I was happy with my stately Vauxhall VX4/90. It had a column shift and a bench front seat. The girlies loved it. They could lie down in the back seat too.

This is not an insignificant factor in car selection.

On 8/28/2022 at 3:48 PM, pedro01 said:

It was on the list but when they laid down all those seats, it fired off thoughts.

Not sure i want to know what they all were.

i don't understand what you are trying to say

my opinion the Honda HR-V is the best looking compact suv compare with other.

On 8/28/2022 at 10:30 PM, jak2002003 said:

Cringe!

So this thread is basically for feeding your ego about how successful and entitled your son is thanks to you? Will you be buying him a speedboat and house next?

Great job!  

Why does it bother you, it doesn't bother me one bit....?

13 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Wiv their legs out the windows perhaps.....????

My first ride, almost, as saw this surfside last week, and had to take a snap.  Mine was 1 yr or model off, but almost exact same.

Wish I had a few of my past vehicles; '50' Buick Special, Buick Sport wagon w/rear fold down (3rd row) and roof glass trim.  And the VW van of course.

vw2DN.jpg

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

My first ride, almost, as saw this surfside last week, and had to take a snap.  Mine was 1 yr or model off, but almost exact same.

Wish I had a few of my past vehicles; '50' Buick Special, Buick Sport wagon w/rear fold down (3rd row) and roof glass trim.  And the VW van of course.

vw2DN.jpg

That looks really long - is it original or a longer wheelbase or just my eyes?

31 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

That looks really long - is it original or a longer wheelbase or just my eyes?

That's about right, as I use to sleep in mine quite a bit, stretched out no prob.  Hauled more than a few friends around in it at times.  Surprised it drove as well as it did, with the amount of weight I had in it sometimes.

Another reason for the Sport Wagon, again, slept in more than a few times.  Not the usual 18-19-20 yr old's choices of vehicles, but practical for my uses.  Out & about a lot.  Early nomad days ... ????

On 8/28/2022 at 2:07 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

I know that drums are an intrinsic  part of Thai  culture- Good to know he's in contact with his roots.

Drums have nothing to do with culture nor music. Only noise pollution. 

49 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Drums have nothing to do with culture nor music. Only noise pollution. 

Drums are the backbone to a band - the whole band follows the drummer to keep in time. Jeeeeez. You listen to drumless music? Seriously? lolololol

35 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Sadly rich kids won't get drafted...

He's done Lor Dor - like any other unspoilt kid does. Kids do this over their school years and it gives them an exemption. They don't enjoy it much.

I also don't think he's a rich kid because I'm not particularly rich - hence him not getting an C63 and an 800k Suzuki which I pay half for....

On 1/14/2022 at 11:38 AM, THEN said:

The new Honda HRV RS looks pretty good and also good size car for Bangkok traffic.

1.179.000 thb.

image.thumb.png.79d59d57fee05da760507eb6a7010e8d.png

Nice car and decent size for Bkk. They even do one in "crayon grey" - if you squint it could look like a Macan from the back!

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL