Police to investigate key figures behind illegal fishing

snoop1130

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pol Lt Gen Surachate Hakparn, Assistant Commissioner General of the Royal Thai Police said key figures behind the illegal practice will be brought to justice. His remark was delivered during his meeting with fisherfolks in Nakhon Si Thammarat province.

As if any government official or politicians would be mixed up in any thing illegal?

• Like 2

POLICE INSPECTOR

I am so sorry, but I have been ordered to investigate you for IUU fishing today.

IUU FISHING OPERATOR (a.k.a. "capitalist" or "mafia")

That's perfectly alright. Don't forget to come back next week to collect your monthly brown envelope.

POLICE INSPECTOR

Will do. Oh, and don't worry about the inconvenience. Everything will be back to normal once the hype has died down.

IUU FISHING OPERATOR

I know, I know. I guess it's just our turn for "7 deadly days" this time.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

Shame the Red Bull brat is not on this list of key figures.

It is news to me that the person to whom you refer as "Red Bull brat" was involved in llegal, unreported, and unregulated (IUU) fishing. Interesting.

5 hours ago, biggles45 said:

The police have no credibility with the Thai people, who have seen and heard it all before. They know that when the envelopes come out they will be on their own. 

But this may be a little different as Big Joke is now running the show.

15 hours ago, Puccini said:

It is news to me that the person to whom you refer as "Red Bull brat" was involved in llegal, unreported, and unregulated (IUU) fishing. Interesting.

He's on a list of 'key figures' given a free police pass.

So after decades of slave labour etc an investigation is to take place, which of course will go nowhere because of the usual obstruction of justice in the form of payouts from those that have made fourtunes from the trade, which is why it continues.