Thai authorities searching for infected Russian tourist who broke Covid quarantine in Phuket

webfact

18 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

With all due respect, another uninformed statement based on your own prejudices and stereotypes, and not on the fundamental truth of the matter. Actually educating one’s self on the social fabric of Thailand is too much work, it’s easier and more fun to stick your tongue out like a 5 year old and take potshots. There are valid reasons behind the things you don’t understand, and you will never know them

Funny, I feel exactly the same with your comment!  You must be living in the dark age or just dreaming things are better!  You must be gods gift to us here on the forum!  Sometimes people think they are so educated make a lot of money but basic things in life comes so hard.  I suggest you take some of your own advice instead of sticking your tongue back out on others maybe enlighten everyone including me as to how smart you are and try explaining it to us like a kid so we can all understand and not " never know them " otherwise button up the I know everything attitude and let others have their say without having to listen to your sorry butt responds!

Edited by thailand49

On 1/15/2022 at 12:55 AM, Nelson52 said:

I was told my test was negative 6 hours after and was allowed to leave if I wanted. 

Similar for my situation.  I arrived around midnight, tested at 3am, got a call from the front desk at 10am informing me I was negative.  They also provided me a letter with type of test, who administered the RT-PCR, name of the doctor and nurse, etc.  

• Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 12:26 PM, brianthainess said:

So no key deposit then, most hotels I have stayed require a key deposit and when you check out the maid inspects the room to make sure you haven't put the fridge or TV in your backpack LOL, only then your deposit is returned.

Well having the choice between

- loosing your 1,000 baht deposit

- or loosing 150,000 baht for an unnessary hospital “quarantine”

it’s quite clear, with which one of the 2 options you are better off …

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 8:49 PM, SiSePuede419 said:

Actually they emailed the day 1 PCR test to the hotel, not me.

They called the next morning and said my test was negative and that I could come on down and eat breakfast and then they printed it out and gave it to me.

You maybe right, Just checked my 2nd PCR test and it says not detected, but no Email.

Maybe that's sent to the hotel for them to print out, I believe I need a paper when checking out to move about Thailand.

What I don't get is, you HAVE to stay in the sandbox scheme for 7 days/ nights , but my day 5 is negative, so what's the reasoning in staying the extra 2 days ?

Maybe a 5 day sandbox is the way forward. Screenshot_20220119-060141_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2194ff84f85687f87979bbdf4c6ccd3f.jpg

6 hours ago, Apiwan2 said:

You maybe right, Just checked my 2nd PCR test and it says not detected, but no Email.

Maybe that's sent to the hotel for them to print out, I believe I need a paper when checking out to move about Thailand.

What I don't get is, you HAVE to stay in the sandbox scheme for 7 days/ nights , but my day 5 is negative, so what's the reasoning in staying the extra 2 days ?

Maybe a 5 day sandbox is the way forward. Screenshot_20220119-060141_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2194ff84f85687f87979bbdf4c6ccd3f.jpg

Just spoke to receptionist and they printed out the above with 2 tests negative.

She said that's all you need to travel on from here ????????????