Novak's Visa Definitely Revoked ... by Oz Immigration Minister

18 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

He must be the highest seeded QUALIFIER, who lost?

Qualifiers·Court 5 Final

7    T. Daniel    6 6
29  S. Caruso  4 3

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theage.com.au/sport/tennis/luckiest-loser-of-them-all-introducing-salvatore-caruso-the-de-facto-top-seed-20220116-p59omq.html

This is a ridiculous mess of politics and egos.... 

What risk is he to the Australian public ??? - he’s tested PCR negative, he’s recently had Covid-19 and has thus the necessary antibodies and medical certs.

Is this an example of reverse snobbery and the left over flexing that no-one should get ‘special treatment’.... 

I don’t think he’s been getting any special treatment, neither does he deserve special treatment - but there is definitely scope to permit him entry if authorities were not being stubborn and bloody minded. 

That said: I don’t like his Anti-vax stance, but IMO thats not the point here - he is not at risk and ‘could’ easily be permitted permission to play tennis and isolate the rest of the time. 

I don’t think he’s been treated like a human... it seems some ‘over woke’ officials have simply decided to make an example out of him and this is wrong IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Well most attribute this lack of support for him because they think he's a d*ck.

His match, last of the day, still shows in the draw...

First round·Rod Laver Arena 16:15 *

1    N. Djokovic

M. Kecmanović

I'll still be shocked if he's not allowed to play.

Bit hard to play when your in mid air flying out of Australia. 

From the ABC 

He will now be replaced by a so-called "lucky loser", randomly drawn from the four highest ranked players who lost in the final round of qualifying.

There will be no change to seeds or the rest of the playing schedule.

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yep.

Hope that means he also pays all his legal costs rather than the Oz taxpayer.

Bye bye Joker

As far as I am aware he has to pay for everything; which includes all court costs, the stay in immigration detention, any medical assistance, and his flight out.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sherwood said:

Be glad to see the back of him, Richard Cranium.

I am an Australian citizen and have enough problems getting home.

<deleted> Serbs still playing on their third world narrative. Enough. 

Yep sherwood ... its not been easy for us Aussies to get back to the old dart for a visit that's for sure. That Tomic fella is another real prize f....w.t! 

1 hour ago, sherwood said:

Be glad to see the back of him, Richard Cranium.

I am an Australian citizen and have enough problems getting home.

<deleted> Serbs still playing on their third world narrative. Enough. 

Read this of <deleted>Book today:

Too funny, maybe you folks will get a good laugh like I did. It read;

"Novak, Novax, Novisa" ... hahahahahahaha ????????????????????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Yep sherwood ... its not been easy for us Aussies to get back to the old dart for a visit that's for sure. That Tomic fella is another real prize f....w.t! 

Somehow you forgot Nick Kyrgios.

Bigger jerk than both of em.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2022 at 11:26 AM, Old Croc said:

Serbia, as a nation, should be ashamed of their countryman and his selfish antics, not whinging in full support of his actions. But that wouldn't be Serbia! 

And contrast this attitude with the zero-tolerance policy which the Serbians have adopted towards foreigners indulging in similar antics who might wish to set foot on their "hallowed turf"!

https://www.mfa.gov.rs/en/citizens/travel-serbia/covid-19-entry-requirements

• Like 1

Bit off topic but thinking Mr Macron might set his own rules for French open.

Rule #1. Must be fully vaccinated.

Rule #2. If in doubt refer to rule #1.

And I wonder whether whoever is British PM come June will set similar rules for Wimbledon!

In any event, Djokovic's chances of obtaining a US visa to enable him to participate in the American Open in August/September now appear, to all intents and purposes, to be zero, thankfully.

Bit off topic but thinking Mr Macron might set his own rules for French open.

Rule #1. Must be fully vaccinated.

Rule #2. If in doubt refer to rule #1.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Novak Djokovic invited to the French Open even if unvaccinated

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2022/01/08/novak-djokovic-invited-to-the-french-open-even-if-unvaccinated/

Unless Roxana Marachineanu, the French Sport Minister, is no more Minister after the French election in Apr/May.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 8:25 AM, Tropposurfer said:

Just got a call from my buddy in Sydney, Oz. Breaking news this morning on National Aussie tv network's and confirmed as true.

(Do you not realise this news was plastered on media outlets around the world the moment the court decision was made? It's one of the biggest topics on the news this week. We don't really have to wait for phone calls from Australia to confirm it.)

I'm disappointed that he cannot play. It's a big deal the top seed is out of the competition.

Edited by JensenZ

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is a ridiculous mess of politics and egos.... 

What risk is he to the Australian public ??? - he’s tested PCR negative, he’s recently had Covid-19 and has thus the necessary antibodies and medical certs.

Is this an example of reverse snobbery and the left over flexing that no-one should get ‘special treatment’.... 

I don’t think he’s been getting any special treatment, neither does he deserve special treatment - but there is definitely scope to permit him entry if authorities were not being stubborn and bloody minded. 

That said: I don’t like his Anti-vax stance, but IMO thats not the point here - he is not at risk and ‘could’ easily be permitted permission to play tennis and isolate the rest of the time. 

I don’t think he’s been treated like a human... it seems some ‘over woke’ officials have simply decided to make an example out of him and this is wrong IMO. 

Perhaps I'm wrong here, but wasn't there a problem with his visa application? By problem I mean "falsifying information" on the visa application that was allegedly completed by his "agent".

Edited by Mutt Daeng

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Perhaps I'm wrong here, but wasn't there a problem with his visa application? By problem I mean "falsifying information" on the visa application that was allegedly completed by his "agent".

Apparently the 3 judges "reasons" will be made public over "next few days".

Yes your correct he lied not only on application, however my guess is there will be bigger reasons outlined this coming week.

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

I'm disappointed that he cannot play. It's a big deal the top seed is out of the competition

I think everyone would like to see him play.

Perhaps this is a very poor comparison but being Oz was first that came to mind ....

In Oz the national game is AFL.

Certainly not at the level of international tennis.

Anyway to the point. That code blueprinted a set of rules. 

Double vaccinated or no play.

The guy I'm thinking of is a good player on small money by comparison, however walked away from the game as had objection to being vaccinated, which of course is his right. 

You know what Australians say to that......"goodbye" 

9 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Well most attribute this lack of support for him because they think he's a d*ck.

His match, last of the day, still shows in the draw...

First round·Rod Laver Arena 16:15 *

1    N. Djokovic

M. Kecmanović

I'll still be shocked if he's not allowed to play.

He definitely won't be playing in Melbouren Monday morning 17 Jan 2022 because:

- He lost his final appeal, all broadcast live including the judge giving the decision of the 3 judge panel.

- I've just seen a BBC news video report of him walking to the departure gate with Aust. Border Force officers accompanying him,

- then the video goes to watching the aircraft taxi and take off.

- Bye...

From CNN online...

image.png.1700916d21c9778d6cfe50143a18599d.png

Edited by scorecard