Father had enough of his former son-in-law - shoots him when he breaks the door down

webfact

40 minutes ago, bradiston said:

So here's the thing. He's kicking your door in, and you politely enquire if he's armed? The cxxxx got no business being on your property trying to force an entry, threatening violence, in the first place. Actions have consequences. Self defense. You have to assume the worst. I think your instincts would tell you the same. Self preservation mode. Humans at their most lethal. Everything's fair game at that point. Him or me.

But that's what your instincts and your emotions say, not, I'm afraid, what the law says which is what this discussion is about.

Stupid Thai c sucker. Went to my local M&P shop around 10 am took off my footwear as you do 

, made my purchase and walked out. young fella, (25 ish) no mask, was standing on my size 12s and was not moving. Took three seconds to persuade him and his friends took five seconds to scram, without him. I was lucky and just rode away on my Wave. Hope the clown had a good kip.

I used to carry a 17 but no real need for one.

Hope old mate gets to walk free.

Gutless little big men in this country need all the bad publicity they warrant, pricks,

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

But that's what your instincts and your emotions say, not, I'm afraid, what the law says which is what this discussion is about.

Can you quote me Thai law on what maybe constitutes legitimate force? In fact, quote me the Thai law on trespass? Precedents? I'm happy to go down any legal avenues open to me, if I'm still alive. It's what I did last time.

2 hours ago, bradiston said:
3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

Can you quote me Thai law on what maybe constitutes legitimate force? In fact, quote me the Thai law on trespass? Precedents? I'm happy to go down any legal avenues open to me, if I'm still alive. It's what I did last time.

I would suggest that the very fact that the RTP have arrested the shooter and charged him with attempted murder is testament enough that Thai laws do indeed support my contention that shooting an unarmed intruder is regarded as excessive force.

3 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

Years ago there was a rash of break ins of Farang homes in my area. The Police called all the local farangs in for a chat. They told us to get a gun if we wanted, but if anyone gets shot, say the Thai wife did the shooting.

Interesting to hear.

Has inspired a google search....

Firearms in Thailand

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search

Firearms in Thailand refers to the number and types of firearms in the country in civilian (unofficial) hands and the laws and societal norms that govern their possession and use.

About one in ten people in Thailand legally own a gun. There are more than six million registered guns in a country with a population of 66.7 million.[1] Small Arms Survey estimates that the total number of guns, both licit and illicit, held by Thai civilians in 2017 is 10,300,000,[2] equating to 15.1 firearms per 100 inhabitants.

But.... https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1341415/gun-possession-use-by-foreigners-to-be-banned

and Applicants for a firearms license must be at least 20 years of age (the age of majority under the Civil and Commercial Code), have a record of good behavior, have an occupation and receive income, and have a permanent address in Thailand with a name “listed in the house registration specifically in the area where you are applying for a license, for at least six months. (from https://www.loc.gov/item/global-legal-monitor/2017-10-23/thailand-amendments-to-firearms-law/)

So a Thai wife or child (of a foreigner) would need to be at least 20 years of age and be in paid employment.

Edited by OishiRefill
add info

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I would suggest that the very fact that the RTP have arrested the shooter and charged him with attempted murder is testament enough that Thai laws do indeed support my contention that shooting an unarmed intruder is regarded as excessive force.

The sil was given fair warning at the time. He was perceived as a dangerous threat, causing fear and alarm. This was by no means the first time. He's a public nuisance. It's self defense. Murder won't stand up in court. Who says the old man intended to whack him?

But let's wait and see how this thing pans out. Probably the last we'll hear of it though.