Thailand should stop publicizing Covid numbers by April

webfact

On 11/23/2021 at 10:25 AM, webfact said:

Find the missing TEN MILLION and get them jabbed - Thailand hunts the unvaccinated

44.jpg

File photo

Thailand is determined to vaccinate what have been described as the missing ten million.

These are people who are either hesitant, outright anti-vaxxers or people who have been unable to get even a single Covid-19 jab. 

In order for the country to achieve its aim of 100 million doses by the end of the year and targets of as close to 100% first dose as possible, the Ministry of Public Health are mobilizing its forces to target the missing 10 million.

Official Kiatphoom  Wongjarit told TNN that persuasion would be used.

But there would also be a mild threat that those not vaccinated would be unable to do things that the vaccinated can.

This measure is been seen widely across Europe to get hesitant people and outright anti-vaxxers jabbed for the benefit of the majority. 

Austria is even going the full hog in demanding that everyone is vaccinated as a legal requirement after a huge spike in cases there. 

Thailand is yet to suggest such measures with persuasion still the buzzword. 

But as the country opens and cases of infection could reasonably be expected to spike again as in Europe and elsewhere, the Thai authorities may get more dynamic, suggest ASEAN NOW.

For now it's "softly-softly" but with a government that has been seen to unleash draconian measures on the people with extended curfews and emergency decrees, anything could be possible. 

Visa-compliant insurance plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-11-23

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Good idea to stop publishing new infections, but publishing deaths should continue for now.

• Like 1

Could this directive please include also banning all the prominent doctors from FB and the likes? I for one would be grateful.

As for those who keep repeating that Thailand has many more cases because they don't test enough, really, how many times do we need to hear the obvious?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

“I think there is an understanding among health officials that the new Omicron variant is less deadly and could mean the end of the pandemic for us,” said Kanyarat Wanna-anant, a public health expert with Chiang Mai Rajaphat University.

But, - only a week ago, It was stated that there was an Infection rate of 60 % Omicron, and a further 40 % Delta within Thailand.

Until the 40 % Delta is eradicated ( which it never will be ) then there will be no end to the Pandemic.

I cannot understand the euphoria about Omicron being the end of the Pandemic that seems to be spreading around the Globe faster than Omicron itself

It is just another variant that has surfaced since early November, which was just 10 weeks ago.

By April there may be another Variant or two to deal with - who knows yet.

Rearrange the words

Security sense of false, A possibly

• Like 1

I think it would be helpful if some of you critics would understand a few things. Public relations between any government and the people is a tricky area easily misunderstood and misjudged. The current local media in its inaccuracy and generally low standards of journalism make matters worse. This you know.

The seeming constantly shifting of public postures is a product of covid being unlike any public health issue ever seen before, and the government is struggling to grapple with this, as are we all.

The essential nature of public relations is such  that What the government says publicly about this issue has a direct effect on the well being of the public. This is why you see them issuing statements that may seem inaccurate or contradictory, but if looked at can be understood as attempts to maintain calm and order.

Meanwhile it is fair to say that the media is good at garbling and mangling what government public relations tells them. And the public themselves will garble and misunderstand as well, and this would be on you. But there are legitimate reasons and intentions behind what may seem is an untethered and illogical government public face which the government presents through a barely competent press.

The government is not nearly as bad or incompetent as you might think. Why do you think in spite of all your criticisms that Thailand has remained among the safest countries in the world regarding covid?

Those among you that are of a generally suspicious and paranoid nature are chronically projecting those suspicions unfairly on people who are simply doing their jobs as best they know how. They are flawed people with egos like everyone else, and can be criticized, but let’s be responsible about the accusations we make, that they are not fabrications based on overactive imagination or an immature joy in taking potshots just for the sport of it. The misinformation YOU perpetuate is harm that YOU are responsible for. So be responsible citizens if you are going to live here. That’s all the government really wants. 

• Like 1

They don't want the people to know the Truth. 

They probably think what the people don't know wont hurt them.

This will make this worse . 

The People will get complacent and we will get More infected people . 

Not to Bright that senior public  health Expert ,They come up with some stupid Ideas.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

But, - only a week ago, It was stated that there was an Infection rate of 60 % Omicron, and a further 40 % Delta within Thailand.

Until the 40 % Delta is eradicated ( which it never will be ) then there will be no end to the Pandemic.

I cannot understand the euphoria about Omicron being the end of the Pandemic that seems to be spreading around the Globe faster than Omicron itself

It is just another variant that has surfaced since early November, which was just 10 weeks ago.

By April there may be another Variant or two to deal with - who knows yet.

Rearrange the words

Security sense of false, A possibly

From the top, I will try to explain. Omicron is more infectious but its effects are milder. People are much more likely to catch it but not need to be hospitalized. They will then have some resistance to future infections - even the anti vaxxers will be better off. As long as any existing or new strains are unable to spread, things will get better. 

Now do you understand? Omicron has effectively vaccinated the anti vaxxers and those unable to access vaccines. 

As for stopping us knowing the true figures - they never were true so not a problem. However they should keep publishing covid death rates as these are still very useful. 

Ignorance is bliss, I guess, and he Thai gov't is good at burying its head in the sand where most things that matter are concerned, so I guess this kinda fits with their usual approach.

That said, I hope the Omicron variant, seemingly being a weaker strain, is a sign that covid is about to fade. Still too early to tell, IMO.

Yes just forget about Covid and all other things.  As long as you can go to the bar, isn’t that most important?  Because opening the country normally seems to focus on the nightlife. 

.  That seems to be the main concern of a lot expats and tourists. 
I happen to notice.  A lot of people moved here because they had issues with the western countries they lived.  And they bash other western countries and the people from them.  But you seem to have a lot of issues living here also.

i can see if you moved here and are not happy.  But not happy here and other countries ?  Maybe part of the problem is with you.  Ever consider that?

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

I think it would be helpful if some of you critics would understand a few things. Public relations between any government and the people is a tricky area easily misunderstood and misjudged. The current local media in its inaccuracy and generally low standards of journalism make matters worse. This you know. The seeming constantly shifting of public postures is a product of covid being unlike any public health issue ever seen before, and the government is struggling to grapple with this, as are we all. The essential nature of public relations is such  that What the government says publicly about this issue has a direct effect on the well being of the public. This is why you see them issuing statements that may seem inaccurate or contradictory, but if looked at can be understood as attempts to maintain calm and order. Meanwhile it is fair to say that the media is good at garbling and mangling what government public relations tells them. And the public themselves will garble and misunderstand as well, and this would be on you. But there are legitimate reasons and intentions behind what may seem is an untethered and illogical government public face which the government presents through a barely competent press. The government is not nearly as bad or incompetent as you might think. Why do you think in spite of all your criticisms that Thailand has remained among the safest countries in the world regarding covid? Those among you that are of a generally suspicious and paranoid nature are chronically projecting those suspicions unfairly on people who are simply doing their jobs as best they know how. They are flawed people with egos like everyone else, and can be criticized, but let’s be responsible about the accusations we make, that they are not fabrications based on overactive imagination or an immature joy in taking potshots just for the sport of it. The misinformation YOU perpetuate is harm that YOU are responsible for. So be responsible citizens if you are going to live here. That’s all the government really wants. 

Well said. The sheeple that fall for every YouTube scare story without doing any critical thinking or even asking the most basic of questions are a menace to society. We are all concerned about vaccines, especially those from China and want to know about any problems. Unfortunately the sheeple keep repeating any rubbish they hear making it hard to find true facts. I have questioned many people commenting on videos about what evidence they have and it is always the same - absolutely none. They try to shy away and spout more <deleted> they have heard and then give up. 

Anti vaxxers - if you can't provide evidence, don't comment as if what you are saying is a fact. I have wasted far too much time on these narrow minded fools. While I am at it there is no proof that there is a god, Trump lost the election Armstrong did go to the moon and overunity machines are all fake. If I'm wrong show me your evidence. 

That should get the sheeple going. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

stop publicizing daily pandemic numbers by the end of April to boost public confidence

the notice should have been posted April 1st, that really would have boosted public confidence, if there is some left   555

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1