Tigers on the BBQ: Thai hunters are unlikely to be innocent and should go to jail, Dutch activist tells ASEAN NOW

webfact

40 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said that this looked like "organized crime".

"The skin of a tiger can fetch 50 to 60,000 baht each if you know where to sell it," he said. "It would be at least 30 - 40,000 if you didn't.

"Bones fetch about the same and a tiger penis can be sold for 50-60,000 baht.

"There is lots of money to be made if you know how to get rid of the tigers.

Doesn't seem like a hugely lucrative criminal enterprise? Yes, this is heinous and illegal, and the full weight of the law should be applied. But these guys don't seem like a Tiger Mafia?

Now running a Tiger Temple, breeding (sustainability?), showing, selfies, entrance fees, harvesting, seems like organized crime to me. Good thing that would never ever happen in thailand.

And what's with the penises? Do I even want to ask how this are prepared, preserved, packaged, used?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Doesn't seem like a hugely lucrative criminal enterprise? Yes, this is heinous and illegal, and the full weight of the law should be applied. But these guys don't seem like a Tiger Mafia?

Now running a Tiger Temple, breeding (sustainability?), showing, selfies, entrance fees, harvesting, seems like organized crime to me. Good thing that would never ever happen in thailand.

And what's with the penises? Do I even want to ask how this are prepared, preserved, packaged, used?

Just google Tiger penis, plenty there for your education????

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said that this looked like "organized crime".

Well, I guess that Premchai isnt involved with this, but there are many out there that would pay a handsome fee to go hunt a Tiger or Two in the wild, with an almost quarantined return on their Money for the Pelts, Penis,s, and other trophies.

• Like 1

Hard to stop the uneducated dum dums from doing this sort of thing when this sort of stuff is condoned at the very top:

Kenyan conservationists reacted with anger yesterday to news that a Thai zoo to which animals are being exported in a controversial deal is planning to serve an exotic game buffet to VIP guests.

Guests at the opening of the Chiang Mai night safari zoo in northern Thailand will tuck in to a menu featuring tiger, lion, elephant and giraffe. Plodprasop Suraswadi, director of the zoo project, told reporters that guests will pay 4,500 baht (£64) each for a meal in which dishes range from locally reared dog meat to lion from Africa.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/nov/19/animalwelfare.kenya

• Sad 2

The usual ludicrous excuse by criminals who clearly had a very nefarious reason for killing the two cats -- quick profit. If the tigers had really killed a few of their cows, they should have reported that to the wildlife service so appropriate action could be taken.

A protected species is PROTECTED, no matter what the circumstances are.

Book them, convict them, put them behind bars for a long, long time. Only uncompromising law enforcement will serve as a deterrent to other would-be poachers and hopefully help to cut down on this disgusting trade.

Even more importantly, investigators should try get to the bottom of this. There surely are masterminds behind this. Any my hunch is that some very interesting family names are potentially going to emerge if this investigation can be accomplished successfully.

Edited by Misterwhisper
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Hard to stop the uneducated dum dums from doing this sort of thing when this sort of stuff is condoned at the very top:

Kenyan conservationists reacted with anger yesterday to news that a Thai zoo to which animals are being exported in a controversial deal is planning to serve an exotic game buffet to VIP guests.

Guests at the opening of the Chiang Mai night safari zoo in northern Thailand will tuck in to a menu featuring tiger, lion, elephant and giraffe. Plodprasop Suraswadi, director of the zoo project, told reporters that guests will pay 4,500 baht (£64) each for a meal in which dishes range from locally reared dog meat to lion from Africa.

17 year old link. If you'd read to the end the Thai PM was Thaksin, that might have given you a clue. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BostonRob2 said:

17 year old link. If you'd read to the end the Thai PM was Thaksin, that might have given you a clue. 

I was here and remember it at the time, which is why I posted it. 

If you think anything has changed among the Sino-Thai elite then I have a bridge to sell you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

"The skin of a tiger can fetch 50 to 60,000 baht each if you know where to sell it," he said. "It would be at least 30 - 40,000 if you didn't.

"Bones fetch about the same and a tiger penis can be sold for 50-60,000 baht.

"There is lots of money to be made if you know how to get rid of the tigers.

Guilty... next case.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If this is a true story and not a wind up, then there are some really sick people in Thailand.

Open a Zoo, to eat the Animals.

I guess it will be the poor creatures that did not survive the Journey, and died in transit / quarantine that will be on the menu.

Sick Ba@@@@@s

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

If this is a true story and not a wind up, then there are some really sick people in Thailand.

Open a Zoo, to eat the Animals.

I guess it will be the poor creatures that did not survive the Journey, and died in transit / quarantine that will be on the menu.

Sick Ba@@@@@s

It's 100% true and widely reported at the time. Some posters seem annoyed that I posted it though. ????

On 1/18/2022 at 3:04 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

I was here and remember it at the time, which is why I posted it. 

If you think anything has changed among the Sino-Thai elite then I have a bridge to sell you. 

Things changed a little for Thaksin. Can I interest you in the Eiffel Tower?

8 minutes ago, BostonRob2 said:

Things changed a little for Thaksin. Can I interest you in the Eiffel Tower?

so this Eiffel tower for sale is it in good condition? whats the paintwork like? has it got an MOT?