Would you vaccinate your child aged 5-11 (with Pfizer)?

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Are you suggesting that lies should remain published because of freedom of speech or some other reason? As I said, they are not lies if some sufficiently CREDIBLE evidence can be proffered. You will notice that your post above regarding side effects has not been censored. The only posts that do get taken down are provably lies. We do see a lot of them.

The issue is who decides what is a lie or not. In this case it is the medical and political establishment silencing opposing views. We're talking about top microbiologists, virologists and professors who were highly respected until 2020. Why would their concerns not be valid? They just happen to go against the current doxa.

It reminds me of the British physician William Harvey who was ridiculed in the 17th century when he published works suggesting the heart pumped blood throughout the body. The mainstream scientific community at the time was adamant that it was the liver that pumped blood. Harvey suffered scepticism, derision, and abuse and It took twenty years for his theory to be generally accepted.

“In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual.” – Galileo Galilei

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

"Takes time to figure things out"  Couldn't agree more regarding vaxxing 5 yr olds. This is all new so I don't blame the CDC for not always getting it right. So as a parent I'll do the wait and see if the vaccine is actually safe for kids.

If the CDC has approved it, it's probably safe.  Safer than letting your kid catch covid.  At least that's what the experts are saying.  Not just parents opinions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/30/science/covid-vaccine-5-11-years-old-cdc-report.html

Covid vaccines rarely lead to problems in younger children, according to two C.D.C. reports.

One study found that serious problems among children 5 to 11 who had received the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine were extremely rare. The other, which looked at hundreds of pediatric hospitalizations in six cities last summer, found that nearly all of the children who became seriously ill had not been fully vaccinated.

More than eight million doses of the Pfizer vaccine have been given to children 5 to 11 in the United States so far. But concerns about the unknowns of a new vaccine caused some parents to hesitate in allowing their children to be inoculated, including those who said they preferred to wait for the broader rollout to bring any rare problems to the surface.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/covid-19-hospitalization-surge-among-us-children-spurs-new-omicron-concerns-2021-12-30/

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/pfizerbiontech-vaccine-protects-children-against-rare-covid-19-complication-cdc-2022-01-07/

https://calmatters.org/health/coronavirus/2021/01/covid-new-syndrome-children/

Very useful thread.  I had to send the consent form for my 6-year-old to get vaccinated for Covid back to the school today.  After much deliberation, I said "yes".  No indication when it will happen, whether it will be done at the school or whether it's free!

Edited by brewsterbudgen

A series of diversion posts debating the removal of COVID claims deemed misinformation in society has been removed for being off-topic.

The topic of this thread is:

Also removed, a post citing a non-credible pseudoscience source.

• Thanks 2

I don't think I would until the pfizer Phase 1/2/3 clinical trials to Study to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, and Immunogenicity are completed and findings are reported and submitted in May 2026.

So, a child in America aged 5-14 could die from covid or much more likely to die from the following:

CDC  data source: weblink

• 10 times more likely to die from land transport accidents

• 7 times more likely to commit suicide

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-03-01/covid-19-s-death-toll-compared-to-other-things-that-kill-us

Can someone chime in and provide the latest covid deaths in children.

Edited by onthedarkside
false data points removed
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, fjb 24 said:

I don't think I would until the pfizer Phase 1/2/3 clinical trials to Study to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, and Immunogenicity are completed and findings are reported and submitted in May 2026.

So, a child in America aged 5-14 could die from covid or much more likely to die from the following:

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-03-01/covid-19-s-death-toll-compared-to-other-things-that-kill-us

A Bloomberg article nearly a year old, not even halfway through the pademic. Please

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, fjb 24 said:

covid deaths in children.

"Of the 73 million children in the U.S., fewer than 700 have died of COVID-19 during the course of the pandemic, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Rauch puts the figure into context using the number of people who can typically fit into a sports venue.

"Think about it in terms of football stadiums," Rauch said. "In 100,000 kids, one of them is not going to make it with COVID. Everyone else who walked in is going to walk out."

About 50,000 children under 14 have died of all causes since the start of the pandemic, according to the CDC."

source link for above

CDC covid child deaths2021.jpg

5 minutes ago, fjb 24 said:

"Of the 73 million children in the U.S., fewer than 700 have died of COVID-19 during the course of the pandemic, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Rauch puts the figure into context using the number of people who can typically fit into a sports venue.

"Think about it in terms of football stadiums," Rauch said. "In 100,000 kids, one of them is not going to make it with COVID. Everyone else who walked in is going to walk out."

About 50,000 children under 14 have died of all causes since the start of the pandemic, according to the CDC."

source link for above

CDC covid child deaths2021.jpg

Pity they never had vaccines for children at that time. Could have saved the lives of 700 US children

• Like 2

Regarding COVID and children in the U.S., as reported in December 2021:

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/brief/covid19-and-other-leading-causes-of-death-in-the-us/

"Even among children age 1-14, who are at relatively low risk of severe illness compared to older adults, COVID-19 was in the top 10 leading causes of death from August through October 2021.

Among children age 5-14, COVID-19 ranked as the number 6 leading cause of death in August and the number 5 leading cause of death in September. Among children ages 1-4, COVID-19’s rank rose from number 13 to number 7 among leading causes of death in August 2021 and held there in September."

OK, so for children age 5-14, COVID was the 5th and 6th leading cause of death in the U.S.  last fall.

For the population at large, Kaiser reports:

"We find that COVID-19 was the third leading cause of death in November 2021. We also find that in October, COVID-19 was the number 1 cause of death for people age 45-54 and in the top 7 leading causes of death for other age groups, aside from infants.

We also estimate that 163,000 COVID-19 deaths could have been prevented by vaccination since June 2021, when safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines were widely available to all adults in the U.S."

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 minute ago, fjb 24 said:

Don't believe they were authorized or approved at the time due to safety concerns.

As is the case with every new vaccine. Luckily. This one is fully approved. And much safer than getting the virus. Much.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fjb 24 said:

Don't believe they were authorized or approved at the time due to safety concerns.

No but they are now fortunately so saving another 700 lives in the US is going to save further loss

Not to mention 1000's of children worlwide

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fjb 24 said:

But it isn't just about deaths, is it?

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20220110/covid-19-may-raise-risk-of-diabetes-in-children#:~:text=Jan.,new diabetes cases among children.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mis-c-in-kids-covid-19/symptoms-causes/syc-20502550

And, of course, as per usual, you ignore history. Many viral pathogens result in latent long term effects. Some of the fatal. No vaccines have yet been shown to result in latent long term effects. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, placeholder said:

mis-c-in-kids-covid-19/symptoms-causes/syc-20502550

Yeah, i see that now and notice one MIS-C death was reported in Va in Nov 2021.

Nearly 5.9 million children have tested positive for COVID-19, and MIS-C infections represent only 0.0009% of COVID-19 pediatric cases. However, between July and August, the average number of daily MIS-C cases nearly doubled.

Edited by fjb 24

1 hour ago, fjb 24 said:

Nearly 5.9 million children have tested positive for COVID-19, and MIS-C infections represent only 0.0009% of COVID-19 pediatric cases. However, between July and August, the average number of daily MIS-C cases nearly doubled.

As the article says. Get vaccinated.

2 hours ago, fjb 24 said:

Comparisons are always a little troublesome, but the figure would be roughly comparable to cancer in adolescents, the corresponding figures among adolescents (ages 15-19) are 5,330 new cases and 610 cancer deaths.  

It's interesting that cancer is taken so seriously even though so few young people will get it, but somehow there is a lot of effort to minimize and dismiss MIS-C, which is largely, if not totally preventable, with a vaccine.

It will be interesting to see that if/when a vaccine is available for cancer whether parents will still deny this to their children.

https://www.acco.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/ACS-Special-Report-2014.pdf

• Like 1

8 hours ago, placeholder said:

But it isn't just about deaths, is it?

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20220110/covid-19-may-raise-risk-of-diabetes-in-children#:~:text=Jan.,new diabetes cases among children.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mis-c-in-kids-covid-19/symptoms-causes/syc-20502550

And, of course, as per usual, you ignore history. Many viral pathogens result in latent long term effects. Some of the fatal. No vaccines have yet been shown to result in latent long term effects. 

I wasn't aware that the mRNA vaccines had been in use long enough with this virus to establish anything about long term effects.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, fjb 24 said:

Less than 800 deaths under 18 in the United States. 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#SexAndAge

10 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Pity they never had vaccines for children at that time. Could have saved the lives of 700 US children

We could save even more children’s lives if we outlawed swimming pools. 

I’m not necessarily against vaccines for children, but I don’t see any reason why they should be pushed on them considering the relative risk.

There are a lot of terrified people out there who don’t let their kids cross the street, but we don’t let those people make the rules for everyone else’s kids.

Edited by Ryan754326
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ryan754326 said:

We could save even more children’s lives if we outlawed swimming pools. 

I’m not necessarily against vaccines for children, but I don’t see any reason why they should be pushed on them considering the relative risk.

There are a lot of terrified people out there who don’t let their kids cross the street, but we don’t let those people make the rules for everyone else’s kids.

This is not about road traffic accidents or drowning, it’s about preventable needless deaths that are not caused by accident but by a virus that can be neutralized by a tested and safe vaccine.

It’s not particularly difficult to understand this concept.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wasn't aware that the mRNA vaccines had been in use long enough with this virus to establish anything about long term effects.

Vaccines do not have a history of having any long-term negative effects, ever.  When you are vaccinated, it provides a method to instruct the immune system the exact protein that is invading so that the immune system doesn't have to go through the somewhat slow process of trial and error to identify the infection and produce antibodies.   By the time this process is going on the vaccine has long ago dissipated. 

Nothing hangs around long in the immune system.  It goes into the memory cells and is ready for a repeat session, but the immune cells that kill an infection die off as soon as they are no longer needed.  We have seen this with the waning immunity of all the vaccines.

mRNA has been used on an experimental basis for a variety of vaccines.   mRNA vaccines have been studied before for flu, Zika, rabies, and cytomegalovirus and HIV.  Since this dates to the late 90's and early 2000, the technology has not shown any long term effects.  

I believe there are upcoming trials of another mRNA vaccine for HIV planned.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is not about road traffic accidents or drowning, it’s about preventable needless deaths that are not caused by accident but by a virus that can be neutralized by a tested and safe vaccine.

You don't appear to understand that some do not agree with your point of view, and they have every right not to do so.

What is going against your point of view IMO is that the vaccines don't actually neutralize the disease, but apparently just make the effects less severe.

From google dictionary- make (something) ineffective by applying an opposite force or effect.

BTW, if all human life is so precious, why have the vaccine companies not made the patents free so all the people in poor countries can get immunized?

If I'm wrong and they have, tell me.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

How is it different if we can easily prevent an accident by eliminating the cause?
Helmets are mandatory. seatbelts are mandatory. So why not just outlaw swimming pools, bicycles, and any toy that is small enough to fit in a child’s mouth? Wouldn’t that prevent needless deaths too?

I know a few people who actually think motorcycles should be outlawed. They think they’re frivolous, dangerous toys, that serve no real purpose as far as practical transportation is concerned.

Its hard to argue with that assertion, but I just happen to like riding them, and I’m willing to accept the risks. 

If the vaccines actually neutralized covid, I’d be far more sympathetic to the mandates.
I was happy to get the first two shots, but I’ve survived the disease itself, and I don’t like the idea of being cast out of society if I won’t sign up for the yearly subscription. 

Edited by Ryan754326

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You don't appear to understand that some do not agree with your point of view, and they have every right not to do so.

What is going against your point of view IMO is that the vaccines don't actually neutralize the disease, but apparently just make the effects less severe.

From google dictionary- make (something) ineffective by applying an opposite force or effect.

You don’t appear to have checked the string of this thread where I was referencing the 700 children in the US who have already lost their lives to covid as there was no vaccine available to them. Had there been then those 700 children would still be alive today.

4 minutes ago, Ryan754326 said:

If the vaccines actually neutralized covid, I’d be far more sympathetic to the mandates.
I was happy to get the first two shots, but I’ve survived the disease itself, and I don’t like the idea of being cast out of society if I won’t sign up for the yearly subscription. 

You are arguing against saving children’s lives by a simple vaccine, pathetic. It’s been explained countless times in this thread already, I’m not going to rehash it all again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You don’t appear to have checked the string of this thread where I was referencing the 700 children in the US who have already lost their lives to covid as there was no vaccine available to them. Had there been then those 700 children would still be alive today.

Maybe he saw my reference to the even greater number of children who would still be alive today if we’d just forced those selfish swimming pool owners to fill them in with dirt. 
I bet all those parents who ignored the statistics wish they hadn’t left them sitting there full of water. 

Dig deeper into the statistics and you’ll also see that many of those kids who died of covid had much more pressing health concerns to begin with, so it’s not realistic to assume that all of them would have survived if they’d been vaccinated.